Profile for digit > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Aquarius USB Multi Hub Expansion Splitter with 4 Port - Black
Aquarius USB Multi Hub Expansion Splitter with 4 Port - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for me, 11 Jun. 2011
Just wanted somewhere to plug in several datasticks. This works unobtrusively (unlike my old USB hub that had bright lights on it that became annoying over time, especially when they went wrong and ended up flashing randomly) and allows me to plug in sticks in an upright position on my desk which saves space.

ByteStor 16GB USB  High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive
ByteStor 16GB USB High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good little data stick, 5 Jan. 2011
I have 3 of this series of ByteStor USB sticks and they have been the best I've ever owned. Haven't lost data from any of them yet and they are reasonably fast when transfering files. I like the large fastening loop on the end too as it means I can keep them on key rings. Did manage to break one loop once, but that was my fault for standing on it - and even then I found there was a little hole either side of the end of the stick into which I managed to thread a ribbon, so I could still secure it to the keyring!

UK Ring Sizer / Measure For Women Sizes A-Z
UK Ring Sizer / Measure For Women Sizes A-Z
Offered by Star Wedding Ring

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 5 Jan. 2011
My daughter dabbles in making bits of inexpensive jewellery in her spare time and wanted this to help her as part of her toolkit. Arrived quickly and she's very pleased with it.

Sony Ericsson W995 Battery Cover- BLACK
Sony Ericsson W995 Battery Cover- BLACK

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked in the end, 5 Jan. 2011
I have no doubt this is a good item - it seems to be metal and matches the phone colour-wise very well - but on arrival it would not fit the phone. On inspection, the cover was slightly bent out of shape. It had arrived in a bubble wrapped packet inside an envelope. Whether it was damaged in transit, I have no idea. As it was a relatively low cost item (and having checked again it was the right cover for the phone) rather than return it and have the phone unprotected for several more days, a little gentle coaxing back into the correct shape was needed before I eventually got it to fit daughter's phone.

SLx 27884D 48 Element Digital TV Aerial
SLx 27884D 48 Element Digital TV Aerial
Offered by Teckstar

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected, 31 Dec. 2010
Have to say I'm really disappointed with this. We live in a reasonably good signal area with clear views towards the transmitter. I bought this to replace an analogue loft-mounted aerial which had managed to give us pretty good signals on most of the strong freeview channels, but suffered breaking-up on some of the weaker channels. I thought I would be getting a better signal and possibly even some channels that up to now hadn't been detected at all. However, after a couple of hours trying out every variation of direction possible, and even with an amplifier in use, I never got a signal anywhere near as good as the old analogue antenna. Thankfully, I hadn't chucked the old antenna out - and it's now back in place doing as well as ever.

I'm not a novice to antennas in general, having installed my own satellite system. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but it wouldn't be fair for me to give it more than one star because effectively it has turend out to be of no use at all to me, and I have no idea why.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2011 8:28 PM GMT

Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ 320GB HD Digital TV Twin Tuner HD Recorder - Installation Recommended (Old model)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a replacement for Sky box, 11 Oct. 2010
Having grown tired of paying Sky for tv channels I mostly wasn't watching, but not wanting our hd-ready tv to go to waste or to lose the ability to record programmes and watch them whenever we like, this Foxsat box seemed the logical step to take. I read lots of reviews here and elsewhere before taking the plunge. We've had it barely a week, so this is my first thoughts on it.

Things I really like:
The up to 64-speed search facility
BBC and ITV HD - excellent pictures
SD pictures (to my eyes anyway) seem better than those we experienced with our Sky box
The on-screen display when changing channels tells you how far into the programme you are along with its start and end times - such an obvious feature, so brilliant to have it!
It's very quiet in operation
Already the controller is becoming second-nature to use. Before buying, I noted several comments about the controller needing time to get used to, and I agree to some extent (after years of a Sky controller, it's going to be different), but half an hour of quiet experimentation was enough to find out where the common functions were.

Things that I've still got to sort out:
For some reason, even though I put our postcode in at setup, we're not getting local ITV news. Bit of investigation needed on my part - I've probably missed something. Maybe there's more than one ITV channel?
What the 'tick' boxes mean beside programmes you've selected to record on the Schedule. Can't see anything about them in the manual. (The manual could be more detailed in some respects).

In all, we're pleased with the move. I've knocked off one star for the less-than-complete manual, because to get the best of the box I really think the manual is important. I thought I would miss the films - our main reason for having Sky - but looking at a saving of around £500 a year in our case does leave room for renting the odd dvd / treating ourselves to buying the occasional boxed set instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2010 3:16 PM GMT

Call of Duty: World at War (Wii)
Call of Duty: World at War (Wii)
Offered by Game Trade Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Control system spoilt things for me, 22 Mar. 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Having bought a Wii at Christmas with the usual sports games (loads of fun), I was looking forward to having COD on it too. I'd watched a lot of vids of the gameplay and had read a few reviews, plus I'd played pc versions of similar games. However, the control system on the Wii has spoilt the experience for me. I just can't get used to the viewing controls in particular and end up looking all over the place, which when an action is time critical means I keep failing to complete things. Maybe I'm an uncoordinated person - never had trouble with games before though - but did it have to be made so complicated? I find the controls quite ungainly.

Hate to say it, but this one will most likely end up being traded-in at the local game shop shortly for something a bit more user-friendly and hopefully less annoying and more fun to play.

Nokia N6303 Classic Sim Free Mobile Phone - Silver/Black
Nokia N6303 Classic Sim Free Mobile Phone - Silver/Black
Offered by Frank- Uwe Krause Internethandel U.G.

1.0 out of 5 stars If only it worked!, 21 Feb. 2010
I have two of these phones - one bought from Amazon and the other from another retailer on Amazon. The one bought through Amazon is fine in all respects. The other, we discovered after a week, has a fault with the camera which means that it will not display photos taken - in fact, the images themselves are corrupted: I checked this by dragging them across to my pc and opening them there. So given my experience overall (i.e. 50% phones I bought being faulty), I think giving this phone one star is generous and if I could, I'd give it none.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2011 12:51 PM BST

Just Dance (Wii)
Just Dance (Wii)
Offered by Bonkers4Bargains!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 28 Jan. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Just Dance (Wii) (Video Game)
If you like dancing (and my wife and daughter do) this is a lot of fun. They've only tried a few songs and modes so far, but they've had the giggles all the way through. Whether it will stand the test of time as an entertainment, who knows - but the signs are good!

TINY USB 2.0 WIRELESS BLUETOOTH ADAPTER DONGLE
TINY USB 2.0 WIRELESS BLUETOOTH ADAPTER DONGLE
Offered by ClearanceTime

1.0 out of 5 stars Not that good, 9 Jan. 2010
Not the most intuitive of devices in my experience - my phone struggled to get a connection with my pc and after much trial and (lots of) error, I've given up with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4