Profile for Vintage Kate > Reviews

Depressive Illness: The Curse of the Strong
Depressive Illness: The Curse of the Strong
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot praise it enough., 7 Aug 2014
I found this book to be very "easy to read" in as much as I have CFS / ME and my concentration span is very short.
The book takes you through different types of case study, clarifies the reasons why thoughts pop up and behaviours become habits.
At one stage of my reading I put the book down and had a total revelation of why I myself was acting in a certain way.... it made such sense that I was moved to email the author to thank him for writing the book.
It has made a huge difference to how I approach my depression and the thoughts I have around my lifestyle.
I would encourage anybody who wants to rethink issues around their own or a family member or friends depression to buy this book.
Read, think, understand better.

SOFTINOS Womens Kalia Lace-Up Flats P900182505 Lemon 8 UK, 41 EU
SOFTINOS Womens Kalia Lace-Up Flats P900182505 Lemon 8 UK, 41 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Softinos!, 7 Aug 2014
I chose the Softinos as being all soft leather I though they'd be kinder to my feet than canvas shoes of the same style....how right I was ;)
The fit is perfect for me, a broad size eight, the colour I chose was the soft green and it is a very unusual and attractive colour. I love these Softinos and I know will go on to buy more.
Total success, happy feet make for a happy life.

Behind the Spitfires
Behind the Spitfires
by RAFF

3.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Behind the Spitfires (Hardcover)
A somewhat dated book ( as you would expect from the vintage era it was written) and I think I can only conclude, "You have to have lived through the war in the forces to appreciate the humour".

7dayshop AERO 7 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones with Aeroplane Kit and Travel Case
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)
Price: 75.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value and superb quality of sound., 12 April 2014
I was sceptical.
Good quality? At that price? Happily I was WRONG.
The headphone are light but well built, the double ended jack is a great idea to save the wires eventually breaking where they enter the headset, the sound is superb, the case is neat and well built to save the headset from knocks when on the move. Add a very useful set of alternative gold finished jacks and I can find no fault at all with this product.
All in all a fantastic set of headphones for a price that is very affordable.

First Steps to Free-Motion Quilting: 24 Projects for Fearless Stitching
First Steps to Free-Motion Quilting: 24 Projects for Fearless Stitching
Price: 5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Free Motion-Stitching Beginners Start HERE!, 12 April 2014
I was looking for a total beginners guide to free machine stitching and I have found the IDEAL book!
Simple, easy to understand, it encourages practice practice and more practice and shows you exactly how.
Downloaded in a moment to the Kindle and always to hand by the machine, it reminds you of beginners easy mistakes and how to avoid them.
Very useful and worth buying.

Jazooli Portable Lightweight Universal Foldable Desk Stand For iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 Notebook's, Laptop's, Netbook's & Tablet PC's - Silver
Offered by Jazooli
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little stand!, 12 April 2014
Superb build quality. Very useful to take anywhere and so easy to put up/tuck away. No downside at all.
First class.

A Cold Day for Murder (Kate Shugak Novels Book 1)
A Cold Day for Murder (Kate Shugak Novels Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Alaskan experience, 8 April 2014
Enjoyable, intense emotion, believable.
Such a pleasure to read. It took me to a place I have never been and made me feel at home there.
Book two here I come :))

The Love of My Life
The Love of My Life
Price: 0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth makes wonderful fiction, 14 Mar 2014
There were no high hopes for this novel. I started to read expecting another overworked and un memorable book, of which there are many.
How wrong!
On every page there is truth, well written and glaringly beautiful feelings of a triangle of love and a world known extremely well. It is full of possibilities, paths chosen and walked with always the knowledge of consequences impending.
A joy.
Thank you Louise Douglas for making my sleepless night pass so enjoyably.

What Doesn't Kill Her
What Doesn't Kill Her
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not on my favourites list!, 16 Dec 2013
A book with an interesting plot has been spoilt by very poor writing, being full of heavy handed character description and much too much slang.
I didn't finish the book as the ill-crafted writing got in the way.

Ladies Mucker Easy Close Stable Yard Boots Wellies UK 8
Ladies Mucker Easy Close Stable Yard Boots Wellies UK 8
Offered by tack n hack
Price: 30.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Good boots with only a few niggles!, 7 Jan 2012
Anticipating a cold snowy winter I bought these Mucker Stable Yard Boots so as to be fore-armed(or should that be fore-shod?)! It is now down to me that so far (January 2012)down on the South Coast UK we have had a mild and balmy winter..... but the boots would have been prepared to wade though snow drifts and icy pavements with no trouble.
They are indeed a wide fit across the foot (perfect!) and all the description is correct.
The only small niggle I have with them is the length of the velcro flaps either side to close the boots. I would have prefered that they reach further round the boot to the back so that they close firmly even if I choose to tuck my jeans into the top of the wellies. As it is the opening is easy to slip the foot into but I find that thick trousers and socks plus my leg is a bit too much for the velcro to stretch across.
The only modification would be to make the velcro longer so the boot is firmly closed around a warmly clad leg :)
Having said that, the boots are probably well designed enough to fit a person with a less sturdy leg than mine.
I am pleased I bought them and am happy with a very reasonable price for a boot that should last quite a few winters.