Profile for A. M. Killick > Reviews

Content by A. M. Killick

A. M. Killick (South Wales, UK)

M&C Teething Gel with Chamomile Peppermint & Clove Oils for Teething Puppies 50g (Pack of 2)
Offered by Pet Connection

1.0 out of 5 stars Goodness knows how I'll she would have been with the recommended dose. I would not recommend this, 10 Jun. 2015
I used a tiny amount on my puppy's gums but it made her real sick. Goodness knows how I'll she would have been with the recommended dose. I would not recommend this.

Ben Hur - The Complete Series [DVD] [2010]
Ben Hur - The Complete Series [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Joseph Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 May 2014
As a fan of the orginal Ben Hur, I worried that this would not live up to the original. I was wrong. Joseph Morgan was extremely convincing as Judah Ben Hur, although younger than Heston; his portrayal was both believable and moving. The rest of the cast too shine and for those of you telly addicts out there, many of them are very recognizable. We have Kristin Kreuk as Tirzah (Hur's younger sister), Alex Kingston as Ruth (Hur's mother), Ray Winstone playing Quitus Arius (complete with cockney accent), Ben Cross as Tiberius Caesur and Hugh Bonnerville as Pontius Pilate. Those of you who watch Lost Girl and Revenge (Emily Vancamp) will also notice some stars that you may recognise.
The plot it itself differs a little from the original too, Messala Judah's childhood friend is portrayed a little more sympathetically here as the bastard son of a Roman senator, who is suitably callous towards him. We also get to see Judah and Messala as children, showing the bond that was formed between them.

Plot

When Messala returns as an adult to greet hischildhood friend, he asks for is assistance in keeping order in Judah. Judah Ben Hur, is a Jew and as such his allegeance lies with his people. Nevertheless, he still wishes to keep the peace and help his friend if he can. The problem is that one of his employees is a zealot (a radical Jew) determined to cause a scene when the new Roman Governor arrives. When a tile falls from the roof of Judah's house hitting the senator his fate and those of his family and companions are sealed. Pilate orders him crucified and his mother and sister garotted. His future wife's elderly father is crucified and Judah's sentence is commuted by Messala to life in the gallies. Fate plays its hand though and Judah soon finds himself named heir to the properous Roman Quintus Arius. Armed with a new name Sextus Arius he seeks revenge on the man who betrayed him and murdered his mother and sister.
The plot differs slightly from the original, but loses nothing of the feel. As happy ending go - this is the best. A well acted romp with much to frecommend it. A must for fans of the brilliant Joseph Morgan (Klaus Michaelson - The Vampire Diaries, The Originals).

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars An award for the worst truffle I have ever tasted, 22 Oct. 2013
I have tasted many a champagne truffle in my time, but I have yet to taste anything as truly awful as these. You cannot taste any champagne because there is 0.25% in these - far less than most other truffles and it shows. The only thing that they do taste of is sugar. They are dry, they choke you and leave you with a horrid taste in your mouth.
I would certainly never recommend them to anyone. I am bemused to see that they won an award - I would give them one myself - FIT ONLY FOR THE BIN and certainly not for human consumption.

Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD]
Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Morgan
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Merlin is simply the best program me on television!, 29 Nov. 2011
I have watched many BBC productions over the years, some of them excellent but I have yet to find a series that everyone in my family can enjoy together - until now that is!
I am an older viewer and my parents are pensioners and its my mother's favourite programme too. This latest series has left me wondering what will happen next, there are always so many different things going on. The storylines are fantastic, the cast excel and I love everything about this show.
I have all the Merlin DVDs and often sit down and watch them on special occasions one after the other.

Avatar [DVD]
Avatar [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sam Worthington
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars The Avatar experience, 30 May 2010
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
I wasn't sure if I would like this film but it turned out to be one of the best films I have seen this year. The plot really shows us humans how we often behave thinking only of our own greed and not of the consequences of our actions for others.
The melding of humans and aliens into bodies grown in tanks reminded me of another sci-fi series that I used to watch but it worked well. It was fascinating to enter the world of these fictional characters. You find yourself routining not for the humans but for their adversaries who show themselves to be in harmony with nature and really far more civilized that the vast majority of humans in this story.
The animation is a triumph, the plot excellent and very moving and the acting and directing is outstanding. It is well worth watching.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Indian silk scarf, 15 May 2010
I purchased this Indian silk scarf as a present for my sister-in-law as I thought it would be an unusual gift and it was something that I personally liked very much. The workmanship and quality of the product are excellent and the delivery was extrememly quick. I received a thank you note and a discount code for further purhases over £50 and was extremely pleased with my purchase and the excellent customer service that I received. I would recommend this seller to anyone who wants a beautiful product and excellent service.

Imperial Island: A History of Britain and Its Empire, 1660-1837
Imperial Island: A History of Britain and Its Empire, 1660-1837
by Paul Klber Monod

5.0 out of 5 stars Historical Interest, 4 April 2009
An interesting, insightful book looking at the way in which Great Britain became an Imperial power.Monod has highlighted the changes taking place within Britain at the time of the slave trade and Imperial expansion. This book covers the years of the American War of Independence, the Napoleonic Wars and the beginnings of what was to become the British Empire under Queen Victoria.