Profile for Mrs. A. P. N. Payne > Reviews

Content by Mrs. A. P. N. ...

Mrs. A. P. N. Payne (Swindon,, Wiltshire. United Kingdom)

Papillio by Birkenstock Womens Florida Birko Flor Fashion Sandals 321173 BF DD Zebra Black 7 UK, 40 EU, Narrow

5.0 out of 5 stars sandals, 1 Aug. 2014
perfect fit thanks

South East Asian Food
South East Asian Food
by Rosemary Brissenden

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous, 3 May 2004
This review is from: South East Asian Food (Paperback)
I first used this book in 1974 the year I was married. My husband-to-be was in the RAF at the time and stuck in Singapore with a 'sick' aircraft. The fact that he and I were due to be married 5 days later hadn't dawned on the Ministry of Defence. However, once the penny did drop that time was getting tight and that there would be an awful lot of thirsty guests, a bride but no bridegroom if they didn't ship him back to Blighty fairly sharpishly, the cogs of MOD moved quickly. He was despatched home on a civvy flight and arrived home with two days to spare. 'South East Asian Food' by Rosemary Brissenden (published then by Penguin Books) was given to me as a wedding present. It was to commemorate the epic saga of the particular aircraft and the wedding that nearly didn't happen because of it, sent by one of the wonderful RAF Movements people who helped the forlorn bridegroom. It has been with me around the world and has never let me down. It is one of my most treasured possensions and I would be devastated to ever lose it. The recipes are easy to understand, all the ingredients used are authentic and the results are always delicious. I cannot recommend this book more highly. This is a classic cookery book, a Standard that I hope will never go out of print. Whoever buys this cannot fail to enjoy using it.