Profile for Kev > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Razer Naga MMO 5600DPI Gaming Mouse
Razer Naga MMO 5600DPI Gaming Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Mouse., 12 Aug. 2014
I was heavy into a certain MMO when I bought this 3 years ago. It served great and the button did their job. They also became very useful outside of the game/in other games, its great to be able to type numbers in from your mouse now and again (laziness) and they are always useful as key binds in many games.

Now before I bought this mouse I used to purchase Logitech mice and they would break so damn often on me it became extremely frustrating so I splashed out from my savings on this mouse many claim is overpriced because of the Razer brand. Well this was my first Razer product and it is now pushing towards 4 years old and working perfect, my brother also has a two year old one with no problems. This mouse is why I fell in love with Razer products and I have never had an issue with any of their items.

The mouse to me truly is perfect for a game, it has all the buttons you'll ever need (I don't use the two on side of left trigger but they are fairly easy to hit). All the 12 buttons are no problem to hit either, at first I didn't use past around 7-9, but over time I was forced into need of extra keys and found 10-12 row just as natural to reach, so if you are worried about that I say don't fret even if you can't hit them instantly you'll be surprised how quickly you'd get used to them.

Finally at the time of buying I was trying to find decent size ratios etc for the mouse thinking it was a bit large. It really is just perfect normal sized mouse. I have a palm grip and I have friends with claw/finger grip and all of us find it a comfortable and natural fit, if you are looking at buying the mouse I wouldn't worry about that side of things.

So to summarize, its a top build quality mouse with more buttons that you could ever need (trust me while playing MMO I had more buttons binded than you could imagine and still had easy to reach combos possible between mouse and board). You can't go wrong on this mouse as a gamer.

MSI GE60 0ND-463UK 15.6-inch Full HD LED Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 750GB HDD, Nvidia GeForce 2GB GDDR5 GTX 660M Graphics Card, USB 3.0, HDMI, DVD SuperMulti, Bigfoot Killer E2200, THX TruStudio Pro Audio, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop, average Gaming Laptop, 12 Aug. 2014
Really nice but not the best. I bought this for College with the idea I wanted it the be capable of gaming. I got that but with some drawbacks. The computer can be slow at times and I dread the days an update forces a restart because it can take an age, also while gaming the machine runs hot, really hot. You need to hit the 100% fan button if you are gaming and leave it on constantly even after you stop as it takes a while to cool down.

What I like most about this laptop is the screen. I can't stress enough how beautiful it is, it really looks amazing and video quality is really really nice.

It's a great laptop with some small issues. One thing I will say definitively, if you are looking for a pure gaming laptop this isn't it, your going to have to up your price range as I do think this is the best gaming laptop you'll get at the price but it won't do the job you want to the level you desire.

Great value for spec, but one or two drawbacks.

Corsair CML16GX3M4A1600C9B Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sticks, useful with big CPU fans., 12 Aug. 2014
Good Value, good product. Product became my top pick after lots of research into building my first desktop. I switched to these low profile version to fit with my giant CPU fan (NH-D14) and it worked a charm the high profile/cooled ones would not have fit. Something to look out for if you are in a similar position.

HP ZR24w 24-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor (VM633AT#ABU)
HP ZR24w 24-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor (VM633AT#ABU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Monitor, 12 Aug. 2014
Mine is pushing 3 years old now and still as good as the day I got it. I loved this monitor so much the color quality is really amazing, video quality etc is great.

It runs a little hot on the top but as said 3 years no damage. It's packaged extremely well and easy to dismantle/assemble if you need to move it from place to place. Two USB ports on the side are a nice plus and I use them to connect to my printer right now as my desktop ports are too far away, always nice to have extra ports around your setup.

I bought this 3 years ago and if I needed new monitor today this would still be my top choice, beating back competition that long is a sign of true quality.

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked Graphics Card (1280MB, PCI-E, DVI-I, Mini-HDMI)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing card, a peak in GPU history., 12 Aug. 2014
These cards are so damn good and the look nice too which is always a plus I guess.

My system is almost 3 years old now and these weren't top of the line even back then, yet every game I play even today can be maxed out at ultra and I have 0 problems. I really think these were one of the best cards created, such great quality.

If you are looking at buying these now, I say they are a really really top notch budget buy. However if you want to go more top end well I'm afraid good and all as the card is, time marches on and tech marches on just as quickly. There are a surplus of better cards in the market nowadays, even more so that when I purchased these and you may be better off there looking towards the future for longevity.

Aside from that you can't go wrong with the card and Evga as usual keep up their high standards in this department.

Razer Ferox Mobile Speakers 2.0
Razer Ferox Mobile Speakers 2.0

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice., 12 Aug. 2014
For peripherals I live by Razer, so these were an easy choice to go for as my speakers of choice.

But brand aside I love the portability of these things they are small and sleek but yet really powerful. Full blast I can easily hear music from outside my house if I wished and very easy to show off to friends if you wish the push down - pop up function in the speakers still looks cool after 2 years.

The only gripe I have with these and the reason they loose a star is while charging the speakers make a constant beep/screech kind of noise. Please note this only happens while they are charging, you can push them down to get rid of the noise or if you need to use them good news I can't ever hear the screeching while something is playing and speakers are charging so you really won't have to put up with it unless speakers are left open and charging while nothing is being played.

A final thought, I just looked down and noticed how show the wires from the speakers actually are. I happen to have a keyboard with a slot for the audio jack but I guess some people wouldn't have this luxury. In such case placement of the speakers on your desk may become problematic it all depends on what way your system is setup around your desk I guess. Something to think about. (The wire is about a foot long then splits about a foot and a half in either direction for the two speakers).

Great product at the end of the day.

Fundamentals of Game Design (New Riders Games)
Fundamentals of Game Design (New Riders Games)
by Ernest Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite happy with purchase., 12 Aug. 2014
This was recommended as part of the course I am taking in University, and was the first book I bought in two semesters. I did not regret this buy and it sits in my small but growing collection right now.

It is an easy read, by which I mean it doesn't bog you down with definition after definition or the likes. It engages your thinking as a game designer and provides plenty of interesting well sourced topics.

It helped me on my course and I can see it helping me in the future as well. A truly well structured documentation about the world of game design. I say go for it.

Replacement Large 600mm Diameter 5 Spoke Black Nylon Office Chair Base
Replacement Large 600mm Diameter 5 Spoke Black Nylon Office Chair Base

5.0 out of 5 stars Did its job., 12 Aug. 2014
Delivered safe and sound. Needed it as a replacement on a typical desk chair, fitted perfectly as did the wheels I had from the old chair. I instantly noticed the build quality difference between this and what had previously been on my chair, this item was FAR sturdier/solid and a good buy. Spent a while searching for this piece and it worked perfectly nothing more to say.

EasyAcc Google Nexus 5 Leather Case Flip Case Heavey Duty Case Pouch Sleeve with Stand Function for LG Google Nexus 5 - Black, PU Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant case at a great price, 12 Aug. 2014
Lovely Case very elegant, looks smart. Phone fits in perfectly and is secure in the case. It's also not over sized or anything the phone case combo is still quite sleek. Closing the case will automatically put your phone to lock/sleep your phone which I thought was a very nice touch.

Finally I go through several earphones a year and always listening to mp3 player on phone while out walking. None of the earphones I've used have ever had an issue slotting in the earphone jack to the phone nor can I see the possibility of one there's good room for them.

Belkin Anti-Static Wristband F8E093ea
Belkin Anti-Static Wristband F8E093ea

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, there is a better way!, 12 Aug. 2014
I was very naive when I bought this. It's extremely overpriced and very cheap build quality. Just do what I did after I learned my lesson, buy yourself a nice computer toolkit. You can get a full kit for cheaper than this item and the kit will have an anti-static wristband in it.

Page: 1 | 2