Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "shocks" (Devon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Command and Control
Command and Control
Price: 5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars scary reading, 15 Aug 2014
I enjoyed the book, it makes for a shocking story that makes anyone over 40 feel lucky to be alive. That said it's a bit of a slog and the main disaster story is too heavily punctuated with additional facts and accident references to read well.

Strong Like Bull: 41 Natural Testosterone Boosters
Strong Like Bull: 41 Natural Testosterone Boosters
Price: 1.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 26 July 2014
Nothing really new but all sensible sounding stuff. It would be good to see the sources for his data in relation to his advice on supplementation

Waterproof Case Dry Bag for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 / Galaxy Note 2 / Samsung S4 / LG G2 / Nexus 5 / Sony Xperia / HTC One / Nokia Lumia 1020 (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Care of the strap, 28 Feb 2014
Works ok but strap broke first outing. Be cautious. Didn't try it in anything other than rain. Worked fine otherwise

Recovery Spray
Recovery Spray

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Recovery Spray (Personal Care)
Jury is out on whether it has any benefit. Smells ok and is easy to apply not sure if ZMA and similar is more effective

Wargame: Airland Battle
Wargame: Airland Battle
Offered by PNA247
Price: 26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wargame: Airland Battle (DVD-ROM)
A very fine Wargame that the developers have supported with free downloads. Any negative reviews are from people that haven't invested the time to learn how to play. The interface is very simple and when you take a chance to zoom in the game looks amazing.

The only word of caution I offer in we await the sequel ( 1st Qtr2014) which looks even better.

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Offered by Fuzzy Peaches UK
Price: 44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect., 28 Dec 2013
Nice bit of kit. Its a good solution to getting music off your device and onto your stereo. I have a surround sound amp and some tower speakers and it sounds good. Its not great quality sound stream but what would you expect ? Its perfect for iTunes and spotify. Only 4 stars for two reasons

1. Supplied connection is RCA. My amp needed a different lead that I had to find myself. They provide a 2 pin to headpohe jack lead. Is this the best cable for an amp. I wouldn't have though so.
2. Sound is low into the amp. It means i really have to crank the volume up to get the sound level I want. This comes with the risk that I don't remember to turn the amp down and get a blast of sound from another device I switch the amp to.

Otherwise easy to set and good value.

Legions of Orion (Star Crusades Nexus Book 1)
Legions of Orion (Star Crusades Nexus Book 1)
Price: 1.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Some interesting ideas badly executed, 12 Sep 2013
Reads like someone's first draft. Structure ok but some, parts are really annoying. I won't be reading more. I hope to catch up with this author in another 10 books or so. Hopefully experience will tell!

Slim Guide Bodyfat Caliper
Slim Guide Bodyfat Caliper
Offered by IDASS
Price: 18.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, poor documentation, 22 April 2013
Good calipers. Even given the quality it demonstrates to me how difficult it remains to get accurate measurements. Happy to recommend however they aren't easy to use so they aren't a reliable alternative for the inexperienced. For convenience imedience measurement takes some beating. Documentation remains weak, it's all there just poorly translated.

Speck FitFolio Cover for iPad 2 - Black Vegan Leather
Speck FitFolio Cover for iPad 2 - Black Vegan Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 22 April 2013
Very happy with this case. I have been living with it for 6 months now. It's not perfect hence 4 stars. The plastic back is brittle but mostly works fine. The leather front is nice but when it folds over it doesn't prop the screen up we'll unless the surface your resting on is flat.

Overall I would buy it again even though its expensive. I have owned a few ipad cases and this is the one that stays on. It has increased my enjoyment of using the ipad which for me is what it is all about.

New Balance Men's Silver/Yellow Trainer MT10SV 12.5 UK, 47.5 EU, 13 US
New Balance Men's Silver/Yellow Trainer MT10SV 12.5 UK, 47.5 EU, 13 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes, 22 April 2013
My favourite trainers ever.

Thrilled with these, super comfortable and look good. Lasting well after 3 months of use. I wear them in the gym for weights, circuits etc.

Can't comment on what they are like on cross country trails as I hate running with a passion

Page: 1 | 2 | 3