Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer (lincoln)

Page: 1 | 2
Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

3.0 out of 5 stars After a few weeks of use I've noticed that it isn't leaving my teeth feeling quite as clean as I'd like and this is despite chec, 27 Sept. 2014
My husband bought me one of these and at first I was incredibly impressed. It looks sleek, is already partially charged so you can use it straight out of the box and it cleaned my teeth amazingly (it did take a couple of uses to get used to the intensity of the brush)... for the first few weeks. After a few weeks of use I've noticed that it isn't leaving my teeth feeling quite as clean as I'd like and this is despite checking it's charge. It's an okay brush but I do feel disappointed that I'm now, after 6 weeks use, wondering whether to spend another £20 on replacement heads (yes that's really how much a pack of 4 heads costs) to see whether that makes a difference. Surely after 6 weeks it shouldn't need a replacement head already?

Virtue's Last Reward
Virtue's Last Reward
Offered by VGP_VideoGamesPlus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, 11 Jun. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Virtue's Last Reward (Video Game)
This was the first game I played on the Vita and I loved it. The japanese style is fun, the gameplay interesting and very addictive. The game has quite a few cut scenes that provide narrative to the story and while this is ok (even if a little long at times) it does get a little frustrating when you get onto another time line and have to go through the same bits. Having said this, I think that you need to do this to appreciate the ending better. The puzzles are great on this game and where it comes to life. The variety of puzzles is good and they vary in difficulty making for really good gameplay. I hadn't played 999 before and don't think that this affected my enjoyment of the game in anyway but I would now keep an eye out for any other similar games from these makers.

Desserts
Desserts
by Michel Roux

5.0 out of 5 stars great desserts!, 16 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Desserts (Hardcover)
I love cooking and cookbooks and this one is great. My husband selfishly bought me this so I would make the desserts for him and so far I've tried half a dozen or so and they have been exceptional. The recipes are diverse, well written and easy to follow and the pictures are beautiful. There are useful tips to help and ideas for variations on the recipes. You really can't go wrong with this book. The Roux family are amazing at what they do and this book can help even a novice recreate some of their magic at home.

Samsung Chromebook XE303C12-A01UK 11.6-inch Laptop (2GB RAM, 16GB HDD)
Samsung Chromebook XE303C12-A01UK 11.6-inch Laptop (2GB RAM, 16GB HDD)
Offered by Tech Nuts

5.0 out of 5 stars chromebook convert, 16 Feb. 2013
My husband bought me this to stop me hogging his laptop and complaining about speed. I was droppping hints about tablets but he got me one of these instead and I have to say I'm glad he did. The Chromebook is beautiful and once you get your head around the way it works then it's amazing. You can't look at this product in the same way as you would a laptop or you'll be disappointed but having done our research this fits all my needs perfectly. I wanted something to browse the internet, stream content, run some apps etc and to do it quickly. The Chromebook does all those things brilliantly. I've also been impressed with the battery life, it really does last for hours and hours!
Mine arrived and all we did was plug it in and open the lid and bang it was up and running and all we needed was a wireless key. It is very easy to use, it is incredibly sleek and lightweight and I love it. Obviously it doesn't have Windows but if you can't live without an OS then you shouldn't be looking here anyway. It does have google docs as an alternative and there are plenty of alternatives out there on the internet. Not having to run windows or the like is the reason that the Chromebook is so ingenious, fast and virus free. I've read some reviews which questioned the need to be online but you can work offline with the Chromebook and as soon as you're online it syncs. The other point here is that with wifi are you ever offline anyway?
As in our home we have a laptop and desktop this is primarily for access to internet but it is nice to know that it is capable of more. The only issue I have with Google is that we have a Netflix account and it isn't suppported although Google say it will be resolved 'soon'. It's not a massive thing really and certainly not a deal breaker as we have lots of other ways of using our Netflix account but is a little annoying, particularly as it seems that 'soon' has been months and there is no sign of when it will be. I have to say that you should also make sure that you understand the size of the Chromebook - it is not laptop size! It is smaller and for some, the size of the screen may be offputting but I am very happy with the size for my needs. Think of it as a slightly larger tablet with a keyboard attached and you'll be able to get an idea of size.
All in all though, as with everything research is the key, if this product fits your requirements then I can wholeheartedly recommend it. My Chromebook can get to a website in seconds from turning on and for a person with little patience it is heaven.

LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace [DVD]
LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Scott
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars more lego fun, 9 Jan. 2013
Our family are big Lego and Star Wars fans. We also love the Lego games and this is like watching the great cut scenes they have in the games. It's funny and has plenty for both kids and adults to enjoy. There are also lots of bonus features so there's lots to enjoy here. Would love to see more of these!

Seasalt Jute Shopper Bag - Fairisle
Seasalt Jute Shopper Bag - Fairisle

5.0 out of 5 stars great bag, 9 Jan. 2013
Needed a new bag to carry the kids book bags, lunch boxes, water bottles etc. on the school run. This is a really good sized bag and fit in all the aforementioned and more. It's very well made, feels sturdy and has really good sized handles which means that it goes nicely on my shoulder. It also looks good too.

uDraw Tablet including Instant Artist (PS3)
uDraw Tablet including Instant Artist (PS3)
Offered by Mayflower Stores

3.0 out of 5 stars good for kids but don't expect a masterpiece, 9 Jan. 2013
My 5yr old doesn't normally get her hands on daddy's PS3 but we bought this so she can get involved. It was really easy to set up and she was able to use it no problems. There is a little knack to using the stylus but after 5mins she was having great fun exploring all the functions. It was bought on the lightning deals at half price so for the money I'm happy but it is limited in appeal and to be honest she's more likely to get her felt tips and paper out then use this. The other games might make this a little more appealing and I would look into those.

Sparkle Glitter Astro Retro Lava Lamp Bubble Light
Sparkle Glitter Astro Retro Lava Lamp Bubble Light

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 9 Jan. 2013
This was bought for my 5yr old daughter for Christmas and she loves it. The lamp is very easy to assemble and even comes with the bulb you need. It throws a really lovely colour around the room and the glitter doesn't take long to get moving at all. It's a good sized lamp, the quality looks decent and it does't get too hot. For the money, it was really good value.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3)
Offered by MDS Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars more lego fun, 9 Jan. 2013
Our family is a big fan of Lego games and this met our high expectations. If you're familiar with the other lego titles then you'll know what to expect. In this Batman though you also have the benefit of having free run of all of Gotham City which is great fun and you have the DC heroes and villains to play with. It's got new Bat and Robin suits and a whole load of collectables to find in game to keep you busy for some time. Great game for the whole family to enjoy.

LEGO Dino 5884: Raptor Chase
LEGO Dino 5884: Raptor Chase
Offered by rogerjohn28 Happy New Year

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: LEGO Dino 5884: Raptor Chase (Toy)
Bought this for my dinosaur and lego mad nephew at half price for Christmas so was really chuffed with the price. Lego is always a big hit in our family and this was no exception. Delivery was also very fast. Overall, very pleased with the purchase.

Page: 1 | 2