Profile for Amber Sutz > Reviews

Content by Amber Sutz

Amber Sutz

Delia's Complete How To Cook: Both a guide for beginners and a tried & tested recipe collection for life
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars My new bible, 18 Jan 2010
I'm no culinary angel but I can whip up a meal with relative ease. However, I felt like I could do with a really good book of basics. There are still moments when I'm not sure of the time difference between a soft boiled and a medium boiled egg. At least I don't have a to ring my mother anymore and then suffer her pearls of wisdom for 30 minutes as she informs me on how to make the perfect egg...by which point, I'm too hungry to be bothered and end up grabbing some cereal instead!!
A great book which I know I will be referring to in years to come. I have only had it for 2 days and already done 3 recipes from it. Much more than a recipe book.

SUCK UK Pencil Sharpener Desk Tidy - Natural
SUCK UK Pencil Sharpener Desk Tidy - Natural

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift, 18 Jan 2010
I bought this as a Christmas present. It was really nicely made and very tactile. It was slightly smaller than I expected but suitable for purpose. A useful, yet unusual gift.

The Adventures of Goodnight and Loving
The Adventures of Goodnight and Loving
by Leslie Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable, 18 Jan 2010
I bought this book about 8 years ago on a friend's recommendation. At the time, being a 25 year old female, it wasn't the type of novel that I would normally choose. However, I absolutely loved it. I passed the book on as a gift but have often thought about it. There is something magical about this book. It stays with you. I have just ordered a replacement as a crave to read it again...and I am not a person who can normally read a book more than once.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2010 12:32 PM BST