Profile for Florence319 > Reviews

Content by Florence319

Florence319

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
How to Make a Watercolor Paint Itself: Experimental Techniques for Achieving Realistic Effects
by Nita Engle

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 2 April 2016
Some good, some not so good about this book. I am a fairly experienced watercolourist ( well being doing bits and bobs for about 60 years) and I am interested in Nita's work; some of her paintings are wonderful. However this book is a little frustrating - Nita explains some of her techniques but never all of the ones she uses to obtain her results. For instance she will explain precisely how she starts off a painting and then says ' oh well, finishing it is just hard work!' Well, I wanted to know how she achieved some of the finished result, which I am not sure about just looking at the print of the painting. I think I can learn something but not so much as I hoped

Vogue Cling Film With Cutterbox Dim: 300mm x 300m
Vogue Cling Film With Cutterbox Dim: 300mm x 300m
Offered by Winware

1.0 out of 5 stars it is pretty crap quality, 29 Mar. 2016
In the first place I did NOT receive 'Vogue Cling Film' but some substitute. Secondly, it is pretty crap quality. Not nearly so good as Lakeland's own brand. Very very flimsy indeed. Also the cutter is useless. I had to cut off a cutter from another box and stick it on this boc. When you try to get it off the roll it is so flimsy is all snarls up.

DO NOT BUY!!!!

God's Blueprint - Scientific Evidence that Earth was Created for Humans
God's Blueprint - Scientific Evidence that Earth was Created for Humans
by Christopher Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting, well researched, and well written, 28 Feb. 2016
This is a really interesting book for anyone wanting to expand their knowledge - might challenge those who have fear of moving out of their comfort zone, conceptually. Well researched, scientifically based and yet accessible, I recommend it. A friend who glanced at it wanted to borrow it straight away.

Wilton Pastry Wheel
Wilton Pastry Wheel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 28 Feb. 2016
This is a great little tool for cutting pasta and pastry. One plain wheel and one giving a pointed edge (ideal for ravioli). Balances nicely in my hand, and the blade is sharp and controllable. I really like it.

Urbani White Truffle Oil, Mini 55ml
Urbani White Truffle Oil, Mini 55ml
Offered by Fine Food Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds great flavour and sophistication to your dishes, 28 Feb. 2016
I have not tasted slices of truffle but this seems a great flavour to me. Have added it to mushroom dishes, eg mushroom risotto and creamy garlic mushrooms and it really gives a strong earthy 'kick' of flavour, unlike anything else I have tried. Lovely ...

Hoppa Lightweight 2 Wheel Capacity Shopper Luggage Cart, 60 cm, 47 Liters, Butterflies Navy, Large
Offered by Travel Luggage & Cabin Bags LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommend, 28 Feb. 2016
I bought this for a friend, because I have an identical one which I have used for a couple of years now and have found brilliant. So light, but strong, and very easy to manoeuvre - also large capacity - have taken a double -sized duvet to the launderette easily in it. Excellent value

Victorinox - Paring Knife 10cm
Victorinox - Paring Knife 10cm
Offered by K Master

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommend, 28 Feb. 2016
This is a great little paring knife - it is now my most used knife, balances well in my (medium sized female) hand - so very controllable, blade really sharp but without feeling dangerously so (which I have experienced in another knife). Good value - a great buy

Handmade, Luxurious, Suede Slippers. Extremely Comfortable Womens Moccasins. 100% Suede, 100% Wool, no Faux-Fur. Made in England. (Size 7)
Offered by Justladybug Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb slippers, 28 Feb. 2016
I am so glad I bought these! Lovely fit, cosy, but substantial so one feels supported well in going up and down stairs. Also good for going outside for trips to the dustbin. I would most definitely buy again, but I feel these are going to last ...

The Vegetarian Option
The Vegetarian Option
by Simon Hopkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great writing and great recipes, 28 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Vegetarian Option (Hardcover)
Simon Hopkinson is such an entertaining writer as well as a brilliant chef, many recipes will appeal to meat eaters as well as veggies, and mainly very simple ingredients. Very glad I purchased this.

Faber-Castell 184100 pencil sharpener - pencil sharpeners (Manual, Green, Metallic, Plastic)
Offered by Jackson's Art Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 15 Sept. 2015
What a good little gadget - sharpens propelling pencil leads really neatly - so you can use softer leads with great accuracy. Thoroughly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11