Profile for Thamuz > Reviews

Content by Thamuz

Thamuz "Lord of all Fevers and Plagues" (Newport, Wales)

PhysioWorld Exercise Mat 15mm Blue
PhysioWorld Exercise Mat 15mm Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 May 2015
Nice and comfy even on a hardwood floor. What more do you want?

Through the Eyes of Carnality
Through the Eyes of Carnality

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutal, ones to watch, 5 Dec. 2012
Bought this in preparation for seeing them at Bloodstock. Great live band, loads of energy and presence and sounded really tight.

The songs are exactly what I'm after with Death Metal. Killer riffs with some unexpected turns that suprise and delight. Great vocals with personality that makes you want to known the lyrics so you can sing along. Sound like some of the lyrics might be quite funny if I could confirm what they are. Unbelievably competent drumming that these guys look too young for. Dare I say it? The British Decapitated?

Well worth buying.

Jeeves and Wooster, the Collected Radio Dramas (BBC Audio)
Jeeves and Wooster, the Collected Radio Dramas (BBC Audio)
by P. G. Wodehouse
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredulous! ('Incredible', sir) Incredible!, 30 Mar. 2012
The other reviewers must be commended for their taste in favourably reviewing this product, but they do themselves a disservice by asserting that the television series also served well.

The radio series is the absolute zenith of comedy and high-quality radio-play. Laugh out loud funny and brilliantly produced. I have listened to the set dozens of times and also bought it for others as a fantastically received gift.

Buy this without delay! Toodle pip!

Superman: Doomsday [DVD]
Superman: Doomsday [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lauren Montgomery

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 3 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Superman: Doomsday [DVD] (DVD)
I read all the other reviews from people who clearly know their DC canon. I know they can appreciate it on a much deeper level. But me and my mate (who knows f*** nothing about comics) watched this and were thoroughly entertained throughout. Well worth it.

The Depression Auction [Explicit]
The Depression Auction [Explicit]

3.0 out of 5 stars On the Rise, 30 Oct. 2010
I bought this album after hearing Bill Burr recommend him via the MM podcast - definitely glad I did.

Some bits I loved: Joe moaning about pretentious weddings, right on; your sports-fan friends summoning you to watch a game you have no interest in, hilarious; Joe taking apart "Bridezillas" (which being from the UK I'd never heard of before) "It's MY day!!" lmao; and the awesome bonus track (don't want to spoil it).

Reginal D Hunter said that to be a successful comedian you can't just be funny, you need to be funny AND 'something else'. Joe DeRosa is definitely funny. I think we're seeing him as he evolves that something else and goes stellar. Like watching Patton Oswalt 10 years ago.

The Night War Broke Out
The Night War Broke Out

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, you'll love it too., 6 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Night War Broke Out (Audio CD)
I bought this album after happening upon Mark Thomas via Youtube exploration and being inspired. I must admit I didn't have high hopes for it but the product reviews pushed me to buy it. SO glad I did.

Even five years on this album still feels relevant, critical and edgy. Mark Thomas blends inspiring, empowering and moving socio-political discussion with genuinely laugh out loud, even if you're on your own, funny stuff. I can't wait to trap my mates on a car journey and bang this on.

Snuff Box [DVD] [2006]
Snuff Box [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Matt Berry

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh GOD, the disappointment . . ., 25 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Snuff Box [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Bought this because I thought the two dudes from Mighty Boosh/IT crowd were awesome.

This has to be some of the LAZIEST comedy ever written. Weak, unchallenging, tedious. Save your money.

Ben Elton - Live Get A Grip [DVD]
Ben Elton - Live Get A Grip [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Elton
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars A Surprise Gem, 23 Jan. 2009
I love stand-up, but I honestly didn't expect to like this DVD all that much when I picked it up. I just felt like stocking up on any comedy DVD I could, and thought, "Meh, this'll pass the time.".

All I'll say is, you know that feeling when you listen to a comedian (whether it's Bill Hicks, Dara O'Briain, Chris Rock) ranting about something topical and you laugh, "Spot on! Thank God SOMEBODY said it."? Ben Elton tackles some areas of modern life brilliantly in this set and gives you that feeling again and again. Watched it 4 times already.