ARRAY(0xb0598cd0)

Profile for Animation > Reviews

Content by Animation

Animation (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gelert Expedition Metro Travel Bag - Black/Rapid Blue, 25 Litre
Gelert Expedition Metro Travel Bag - Black/Rapid Blue, 25 Litre
Offered by EzeeHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and exceptional waterproofing., 24 Jun 2013
I bought this bag on the 21nd Nov 2012. I bought it mainly because of the price and wanting something that was waterproof because of the London weather. I have since taken it to Iceland, in February, and Ecuador, in April when heavy rain is common.

It is an ideal size to carry round, full, all day. The compartments are smallish but I could fit a number of cameras and lens as well as water and towels and books etc.

I decided to take this because there is a lot of padding on the back and on the straps. I carry a lot of things with sharp edges and with other bags I would sometimes feel them poking me in the back.

The Bag is comfortable and the waterproofing is exceptional.

Chef Aid 8-Piece Measuring Cups and Spoons
Chef Aid 8-Piece Measuring Cups and Spoons
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Assorted Colours include Industrial Orange, 24 Jun 2013
These are UK cup sizes. I know it says "Assorted Colours" but I didn't expect industrial orange. It's not an item I would have on display anyway but it's not really a colour I would have chosen. For that I didn't give it 5 stars. Does the job, I needed something with a longer handle then the usual ones.

London 2012 Olympic Games  [Blu-ray]
London 2012 Olympic Games [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Branagh
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 6.68

1.0 out of 5 stars Watching it once was enough., 12 Aug 2012
I just got an email from Amazon announcing this product.

In the description it says "This title will be released on October 29, 2012" yet there are 9 reviews with 7 people giving it 5 stars. I'm giving it 1 star for no particular reason.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2013 12:08 PM GMT

e-Study Guide for: Dental Materials by John M. Powers, ISBN 9780323049641
e-Study Guide for: Dental Materials by John M. Powers, ISBN 9780323049641

1.0 out of 5 stars Covers a TINY fraction of the materials out there, 11 July 2012
The preview is pathetic. It doesn't give details of the contents. To me materials are Glass Ionomer Cement, zinc oxide eugenol and so on.

This book wastes pages giving a brief overview of Root canal, Bridges, molars and vaneer inlays.

Ravel Unisex Silicone Backlight Fob Watch With Infection Control R1103.3EL
Ravel Unisex Silicone Backlight Fob Watch With Infection Control R1103.3EL

1.0 out of 5 stars Backlight doesn't work., 4 April 2012
I bought it for 7.89 from Amazon. It arrived this morning. There is a button on it which I assume is the button for the backlight. The only other thing on the watch is the knob for changing the time. Kept pressing it but nothing happened. Read another review, on the same model but different colour, where the reviewer said the backlight stopped working within 2 weeks.

I started the process of returning it but decided against it as it's too much bother and I don't need that function. A similar fob watch without the backlight is the same price anyway. I chose this one because it had the extra feature for the same price.

The Simpsons Board Game
The Simpsons Board Game

2.0 out of 5 stars extremely repetitive, 15 April 2011
This review is from: The Simpsons Board Game (Toy)
I'm in my late 20's. I bought this for my niece for because she is a Simpsons fan but not a big enough fan to answer the questions. This game requires no skill whatsoever which make is really boring for me as essentially all you do is roll the dice and move your piece forever until someone collects all the pieces. You need at least four people because it becomes extremely repetitive because there are some squares where if one player lands on it then they have to move two other players to a certain point. 15 mintues into the game we had to ignore the rule as we kept landing in it and couldn't get round the board.

The Official The Simpsons 2011 Square Calendar
The Official The Simpsons 2011 Square Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish font and Cluttered, 2 Feb 2011
The numbers are in some sort of comic book font which means they are a little indistinct. Everyday there are two celebrity birthdays written in the boxes and some have three for example today, 2nd February, it's shakira's birthday and someone called tom smothers. It also list American holidays and cultural events for example yesterday was the first day of African American history month. All these things take up space and make it difficult to write in the box.

I'm giving it 3 stars for the graphic work. As a practical calendar it isn't very useful. It's something for the KIDS and not adults.

Getting Started with Processing: A Hands-on Introduction to Making Interactive Graphics
by Casey Reas
Price: 15.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A great starting point., 16 Sep 2010
It's a great starting point for people wanting to programming for a visual person. I've looked into Openframeworks and found it too difficult and since they upgraded Visual Express I found that a lot of the tutorials didn't work. I also tried CodeBlocks and encountered similar problems with tutorials not working and unhelpful forums.

I've found it easy to following and seem to be understanding it. I came across Processing because there was section in the OpenframeWorks section for people who already know Processing.

One negative it that there are commas all over the place.

Korg NanoPad Slim-Line USB Controller (Black)
Korg NanoPad Slim-Line USB Controller (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made., 27 Aug 2010
I loved it until the USB socket thing came off. When I opened it I realised it was poorly soldered. Upon further research there are a number a problems with the Nano range. Until this I thought it was great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2010 5:27 PM BST

Gola Mens Fear
Gola Mens Fear

4.0 out of 5 stars Smelly, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Gola Mens Fear (Apparel)
This can get smelly in the summer as there aren't any holes for ventilation and the material isn't breathable. But summer is only 3 weeks here so not a problem for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3