Profile for Animation > Reviews

Content by Animation

Animation (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Revisioning the Past: A History of Early Photography in Bengal 1875-1915
Revisioning the Past: A History of Early Photography in Bengal 1875-1915
by Malavika Karlekar

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny photos, 31 Jan. 2009
The images in the book are tiny. On average they are about half the size of a postcard. The best and largest image is on the cover. I was disappointed at the size of the photos because that's the reason I bought it; I wanted to look at the photos. Saying that it's an informative read and still worth buying.

Learn to Play Keyboards: A Beginner's Guide to Playing All Electronic Keyboard Instruments
by Paul Lennon
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars It's also smaller then I thought, 27 Aug. 2008
The book is ring bound. I don't think it's mentioned in the description. It makes it easy to place on the keyboard. It's also smaller then I thought but it is mentioned on the description. It is slightly longer then a DVD case and about 2cm wider.

It has clear illustrations which are easy to follow. I have only used it for a few days and so far I don't have much to grumble about.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Trust SP-2750P USB Speaker Set
Trust SP-2750P USB Speaker Set

3.0 out of 5 stars you get what you paid for., 4 July 2008
After reading the five star reviews I decided to buy it. I've been using it for a day. The reviewers who gave it five stars and said that they listen to "itunes", " heavy rock, vocal and classical" and "watching DVDs or listening to CDs" need to get their ears tested.

This is completely unsuitable for listen to music. The speakers aren't up to it. I'm using it to listen to podcasts and talk radio stations online.

Good points.
Works out of the box (I have vista). I didn't have to install any drivers.

Small and very light.

No power adapter or mains power needed.

Value for money. The sound is what I expect for £10.

Bad points

There is a yellowy/green light on one of the speakers which is very annoying especially because the leads are very short so it's impossible to position outside the field of vision.

Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz/2x512MB/ 120GB/SuperDrive
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz/2x512MB/ 120GB/SuperDrive

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are moving from windows then you can use your old hardware., 3 Jan. 2008
I have also just bought this from the apple store because I am a student and you can get a discount from the store if you have a NUS card. If you don't then if you contact them and they will give you other options to prove that you are a student.

I was using a 3 year old PC and needed to upgrade it. My natural choice would have been to get another PC because some of the software I use isn't compatible with OSX (the Mac operating system). However on MacOS X Leopard you can install Windows with Boot camp and have dual operating system. On start-up it gives you the option of Windows or Leopard.

I use this Mac with my PC's old TFT monitor (LG Flatron) and my old keyboard and mouse, they are both USB. The downside to this is that two of the four USB 2.0 are taken up but I intend to but a USB hub.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good for people with sausage fingers., 3 Jan. 2008
This remote will from time to time say that the battery is running low and to replace the batteries. I usually ignore the messages. I change the batteries about two times a year. If I followed the messages then I would be changing them once a month.

Olympus E-410 Digital SLR Camera (ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 & ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6)
Olympus E-410 Digital SLR Camera (ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 & ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm extremely pleased with it., 2 Jan. 2008
This is my first digital SLR. I did A-level Photography many years ago and used a Pentax SLR so familiar with the concept. I've been using a compact digital camera in the last few years but now want to take more adventures and creative pictures.

The E410 I bought came with a DVD which ran thought most of the features which I found extremely helpful.

If you go to youtube and search for E410 you can find reviews from a few camera magazines and one from the Gadget show (channel 5).

I'm extremely pleased with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2012 2:27 AM GMT

Assassin's Creed (PS3)
Assassin's Creed (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz

1.0 out of 5 stars this game crashed my PS3, 16 Dec. 2007
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I the day after I received my PS3 I went out and bought this game. It crashed my console and now I have to send it back. If to search the net with "Assassin's Creed" and "loading fault" you'll see that it's not an uncommon problem.

Skagen 572XLTMXB Gents Watch with Titanium Bracelet
Skagen 572XLTMXB Gents Watch with Titanium Bracelet

1.0 out of 5 stars Screen cracked twice in four months., 5 Dec. 2007
Cost £17.50 to fix it each time and not covered in the warranty. Found other people on the internet that have had the same problem.

Rotary Gents Gold Plated Round White Dial Leather Strap Watch
Rotary Gents Gold Plated Round White Dial Leather Strap Watch

1.0 out of 5 stars A big disappoint., 4 Sept. 2007
The strap that came with the watch I bought isn't as nice as the one in the picture. Also the second hand doesn't line up with the mark on the outside my cheap Casio lines up perfectly, check the picture to see what I mean. For a watch of this price and brand it's a big disappoint.

Banksy Locations and Tours: A Collection of Graffiti Locations and Photographs in London
by Martin Bull

1.0 out of 5 stars Why buy this book?, 7 Aug. 2007
If you go to banksy's website then you can see most of his best work. The images in this book are all in the public domain.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2008 12:04 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4