Profile for RobTyler > Reviews

RobTyler

Dan Carter Rugby Kick Off Supertee
Dan Carter Rugby Kick Off Supertee

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Tee, my favourite so far., 13 Nov 2013
Having adjusted my technique a lot from May 2013 to now (November 2013) slowing creating the best approach combined with the best tee for me. I've landed with the DC Kick Off Supertee. Coming from your traditional Jonny Wilkinson style low tee, progressing to the adjustable kicking tee the likes of Owen Farrell and Andy Good use I was better suited with the adjustable tee but I was not happy that I was always having to reset the tee for each kick making me superstitious if it was millimetres out. With that in mind it led me onto this tee and I am adequately satisfied with it. Enabling me to kick all conversions in our last match giving a real confidence booster in the tee.

The product is very durable and wipes clean. Due to the nature of the rubber it isn't brittle but very flexible therefore if and when you catch it with your boot don't be afraid it may get damaged or damage your boots. My only dislike is, due to the nature and style of the tee, it is quite large, so it takes up more room in your kit bag than desired but in honesty that's hardly a downfall.

If you find yourself using an adjustable tee but as I did frustrating with having to find that sweet height i'd recommend this tee.

Siberia [VINYL]
Siberia [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent work from Poxleitner, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: Siberia [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I first heard LIGHTS after stumbling across her debut album 'The Listening', at first it was not something I really listened to. But as a fellow electronic artist I respected how much work she was putting into her projects and really enjoyed it in the end. She's also a beautiful girl who you'll quickly get a crush on as I did!
After seeing her in Brighton a couple years back I pre ordered 'Siberia' as soon as I was able to.

As always I first listened to this album on iTunes download 00:00 on release day. My only personal issue with iTunes downloads is that the files are maximum MP3 320kbps, and for a man that works in sound, I cannot enjoy music this low in quality. But if you're not listening out for the tiny things ignore what I'm saying. But nonetheless this album was brilliant! I thoroughly enjoyed it and the new direction she'd taken in her work. There are most likely fans out there who hated 'Siberia' because of the change. But people surely have seen it enough that a band will not make an album that sounds exactly the same. You are influenced by things over the years and when you are writing before going into the studio. Not to mention then the producers influence on the work.

As you're looking at the review on the VINYL purchase I'd definitely go ahead and enjoy the beauty of vinyl. A rich format that I really hope never dies out.

If you like this go ahead and check out her debut album 'The Listening' it's another incredibly catchy record.

Favourites on this record are:

- Flux & Flow

Mcfly Motion In The Ocean Pvg
by Various
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 26 Aug 2012
I purchased this for my vocal coach to perform Piano in accompaniment to me singing. It is well put together and I write this on her feedback more than mine. The only hitch I have is that occasionally some of the timings are incorrect in comparison to the original track. But after a couple of run throughs one can adjust that!

A good book for good money!

Dead Space 2
Dead Space 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Creepy and Beautiful, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: Dead Space 2 (MP3 Download)
After completing Dead Space 2 on Xbox360, as a man who works in sound, I was really interested in the Score to the game. Thus it brought me here, although I hate buying albums in MP3 quality (for the fact the quality is low on MP3s a max of 320kbps) I enjoyed this album. I listened through my Sony MDR7506 binaural headphones, in bed and was thoroughly scared.

Jason Graves' work is inspirational and very well pieced together. It's truly terrifying if you let yourself go into the music. I do advise you're in the mood to listen to any soundtrack before playing as if you're sidetracked it can quickly become dull and you lose interest.

If you have the time, check out this soundtrack, very enjoyable!

8/10

Room For Squares [VINYL]
Room For Squares [VINYL]
Price: 24.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Record and playback, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: Room For Squares [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I purchased this record a while back after having listened to it as an MP3. But after enjoying the album at such low quality I pushed to get this record as an LP. I'll keep the review short and sweet not too much of a specific album review.

John Mayer's work on 'Room For Squares' is superb, his playing along with the song itself are very enjoyable and easy on the ear. I often listened to this album whilst doing written work or studying at University. It's very mind cleansing and catchy. The guitar tone is always brilliant (although I am more into that of Continuum) I recommend this album. Give it a chance. If you have come here for the upmost brilliance that is vinyl quality then click buy! There's a reason Vinyls are expensive.

But if you're still having second thoughts, stream it online or have a listen on YouTube. Get a feel for it and then enjoy this in it's form on record.

9/10 for me, really keeps the mood chilled

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every single penny!, 26 Aug 2012
As a working studio engineer and student of SAE Institute London (Studied Audio Engineering) these headphones are in their dozens around the college. I cannot stress their quality, they are superb and are worth way more than the 80 they are sold at!

The frequency response for these headphones are not dead flat. I never expected that, but their setting is very good. The bass is thick enough without adding prominence, such as the ridiculous efforts of monster cables & beats by Dr. Dre.
The mids are solid and the highs are bright but again not excessive. Personally I have mixed a few tracks on my laptop in ProTools10 with these and work well if you're mixing on the move or just want a great, secluded session in your own head with your music.

I would recommend these headphones to anyone, for their price and response. I hope you take my advice as someone who works within music.

Thanks, and thank you Sony!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2012 6:59 AM BST