Profile for E. Marshall > Reviews

Content by E. Marshall

E. Marshall (North Lincs, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Disney's "Beauty & the Beast": A Celebration of the Broadway Musical
Disney's "Beauty & the Beast": A Celebration of the Broadway Musical
by Donald Frantz

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book!, 31 Aug 2011
This book is beautiful! It is full of information about the making of the Broadway version of Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" and is full of beautiful illustrations and photographs. I haven't yet read it cover to cover, but I regularly pick it up and spend time enjoying different parts of the book. The information is very detailed, and accompanied by some stunning illustrations.

Bee
Bee
by Rose-Lynn Fisher

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning pictures for any nature lover, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Bee (Hardcover)
I bought this for my husband, who keeps bees. He was delighted with the book. It is very different to other beekeeping books. It is a collection of photographs, zoomed in, of different parts of the bee. The detail is amazing and it is quite fascinating (even to me - and I'm not really a bee enthusiast!)! It would make an ideal gift to anyone interested in nature, photography and of course, bees!
Great value, and lovely binding.

Sew!
Sew!
by Cath Kidston
Price: 11.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Some great sewing ideas in one handy book, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Sew! (Paperback)
I was really pleased with this book. I hadn't done any sewing for years, but found most of the projects easy to complete. It came with pre-cut fabric to make the bag on the front cover which was a nice surprise and I enjoyed making the bag as a good, easy starting point. Some of the instructions take a bit of careful reading - perhaps a few extra illustrations would help - but mostly they are easy to follow, with helpful information at the front of the book that you can refer to.
The range of different projects is great and there is something for everyone who wants to get into sewing as a bit of a hobby.

Outwell Kids Dino Explorer Sleeping Bag
Outwell Kids Dino Explorer Sleeping Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent boys sleeping bag, 31 Aug 2011
My little boy loves this sleeping bag and it has kept him cosy and warm through 2 seasons of camping now. He loves the dinosaur design and he has some of the matching products which makes camping even more fun! It washes easily in the washing machine and comes out good as new. My son is 8 now, and has had this since he was 6. I think he'll have a few more years in it yet as it is a good size for a children's sleeping bag.

Tent Base seconds 4.2
Tent Base seconds 4.2

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tent for small family - SO EASY to use!, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Tent Base seconds 4.2 (Misc.)
We have had this tent for a couple of camping seasons now and we had found it exceptional in terms of ease of use. We've got pitching and striking down to a fine art now - putting the tent up usually in just under 10 minutes, and taking it down in a similar time (perhaps a bit longer, but not much). It has two small bedrooms, either side of the main "room". The bedrooms fit in 2 single or 1 double airbeds/sleeping mats. We use the self inflating mats which mean you are not as high up, which helps as the rooms are snug. You can stand up easily in the main body of the tent and there is plenty room for 2 adults and 2 children. We have bought an extension tent that fits on to the door and provides another room - we use this if we are camping for more than a few nights so that we have extra room for storage, as it can be a bit snug with a lot of camping gear without the extra room.
The quality is excellent. We've camped in wind and rain, but never had any problems with leaking.
I think as the family get older we'll need to upgrade to a bigger tent, but for a young/small family it is ideal, and so very easy to put up and take down!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2012 12:39 PM BST

Wooden Sword
Wooden Sword
Offered by partiesandgifts
Price: 9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality traditional toy, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Wooden Sword (Toy)
I bought one of these for a school production and it was a cut above the other "play" swords we had bought. It would look great painted - and the wood is easy to paint or decorate. But works great as it is. Highly recommend.

Sumex 3012369 Baby On-Road Seat Car Organizer Bag
Sumex 3012369 Baby On-Road Seat Car Organizer Bag
Price: 10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for keeping the car tidy!, 31 Aug 2011
I bought 2 of these for the back of our car and it's made a big difference in terms of the children keeping things tidy. They hold lots of stuff, with pockets of all different sizes. The drink pocket at the top is particularly useful. Ideal for a car with children, and really good value.

Trunki Yondi Large Purple
Trunki Yondi Large Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for in the car, 31 Aug 2011
A great travel cushion that makes travelling more comfortable in the car for young ones - ideal for our 7 year old. He loved the MP3 player pocket. I think that's what made this stand out from other similar products. A bit on the pricey side, but very good quality.

Impressions Fusion Microfibre Fitted Sheet Black, Kingsize
Impressions Fusion Microfibre Fitted Sheet Black, Kingsize
Offered by 4 Your Home
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and stays in position well, 31 Aug 2011
A great quality fitted sheet, excellent value for the price, and it stays where it should on the bed without the corners creeping off as some fitted sheets do. Lovely and soft too.

Sylvanian Families Beekeeper and Beehive
Sylvanian Families Beekeeper and Beehive
Offered by Natureas
Price: 10.35

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit different! Fabulous attention to detail., 31 Aug 2011
My daughter loves her Sylvanian Families toys, although she is a bit too young to appreciate all of the detail. However, we were quite excited about the beekeeper set coming out as we have our own beehive and bees! The attention to detail is excellent - with tiny removable frames in the hive, and nothing missed off! It is great to show little ones how a beehive works, and makes an excellent addition to any Sylvanian Families collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3