Profile for Michael Matthews > Reviews

Content by Michael Matthews

Michael Matthews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Hermitage, Wat and Some Murder or Other (The Chronicles of Brother Hermitage Book 4)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a well matched pair of investigators., 28 Jun 2014
I found the book my humour and enjoyed the various sarcastic remarks and the placing of the various deaths in the Saxon Norman period. I have purchase three of the series and like all writers once they have a formula they tend to stick with it and this works initially but the novelty wears off as further books are read. Still, I enjoyed the read and how they finally conclude the murder is carried out

The Garderobe of Death (The Chronicles of Brother Hermitage Book 2)
The Garderobe of Death (The Chronicles of Brother Hermitage Book 2)
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars The investigators at it again, 28 Jun 2014
I enjoyed the book but did not consider the ending to have been worked out, more likely to have fallen out. I thought the ending let the book down. Memorable characters well worth reading for a relaxing afternoon.

Curse of the Druids (Nick Caine Book 4)
Curse of the Druids (Nick Caine Book 4)
Price: 1.81

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought all the series, 28 Jun 2014
I cannot make up my mind if this is a tongue in cheek adventure story, I read all 4 of the books one after the other and in all honesty was not expecting the end to arrive for each book as quickly as it had. This could suggest it was a good read that drew my attention along, but I am not totally convinced. I will not be purchasing any others in the series.

The Last Vatican Knight
The Last Vatican Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars A good tale, 13 Jun 2014
Once started I did not want to put the book down. I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure and also the conclusion.

Blues Harp from Scratch: Blues Harmonica for Absolute Beginners
Blues Harp from Scratch: Blues Harmonica for Absolute Beginners
by Mich Kinsella
Price: 6.97

3.0 out of 5 stars I am learning to play, 3 May 2014
I have not had the opportunity to go through the book but at first glance I may have chosen the wrong book, there is little in there that I know and so will have little help in knowing what I play is what the music sounds like. Maybe I should read music to a higher standard that would then help me to be certain.

Hohner Marine Band in C
Hohner Marine Band in C
Price: 23.42

5.0 out of 5 stars NOw I can play Blues??, 3 May 2014
What is there to say the product is made by a World recognised manufacturer and lives up to that promise. It is one of a number I have from the same supplier and because of the quality is wht I return to purchase more.

To Defy a King (William Marshal Book 5)
To Defy a King (William Marshal Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars What is there to add about this author, 2 April 2014
Anything that Elizabeth Chadwick writes is well researched and the history and facts are moulded into a most enjoyable storey and all based around an actual historic character. I have bought several books by this author and have not been disappointed once in the reading of them. I will purchase even more books as they are available, knowing that they will be to a style of writing that I thoroughly enjoy.

A Place Beyond Courage (William Marshal Book 1)
A Place Beyond Courage (William Marshal Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars What is there to add about this author, 2 April 2014

The Scarlet Lion (William Marshal Book 3)
The Scarlet Lion (William Marshal Book 3)

The Greatest Knight: The Story of William Marshal