Profile for chiefhaigh > Reviews

Hama Traveller Compact Pro Tripod
Hama Traveller Compact Pro Tripod
Offered by TapeCity

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very well made., 9 April 2012
The first thing to say about this tripod is that it seemed great for the first couple of days. Sturdy and tough. However, within the first week of purchase the tripod head broke off. I hadn't done anything rough with it or manhandled it in any way. Also, my SLR is not even very heavy. On inspection, the thread of the screw holding everything in place had completely fallen apart and one of the metal ridges that holds it in the right place had simply snapped off. The only reason that I didn't return it straight away is that I thought it may still be salvageable by using some araldite, unfortunately it soon broke again. There was a long pause between it breaking and my trying to fix it which is why I'm only just now writing this review. The bottom line is, bits of it were falling off in quite a few places, it just doesn't seem to be made very well. If it didn't break so quickly then I would be writing that it is a great tripod as I was certainly satisfied while it did work. Broke far too quickly and for no apparent reason though.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (PS3)
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (PS3)
Offered by games.empire

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth it., 1 Nov. 2010
it's fairly possible that i'm just too old for this game but i just found it incredibly tedious and boring with a lot of parts that aren't hard but your mind has switched off so much that you accidentally die. I wouldn't recommend it.

10M Metre HDMI Lead Cable HD Version 1.4 V1.4 Gold
10M Metre HDMI Lead Cable HD Version 1.4 V1.4 Gold
Offered by Aquarius Computers

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 14 Oct. 2010
Great product. Really long so i don't have to move my laptop in order to plug it into the tv. Plus the delivery was extremely fast. I'm very happy with this hdmi cable and would recommend it.

Stewart Lee - If You Prefer A Milder Comedian Please Ask For One [DVD]
Stewart Lee - If You Prefer A Milder Comedian Please Ask For One [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stewart Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 15 Aug. 2010
I haven't watched this DVD yet, being a couple of months before it's released, but i saw the show when he came to Ipswich and it was mind meltingly funny. One of those nights where your jaws hurt afterwards cause you've been laughing so hard. So i don't know about this particular performance but the routine is definitely brilliant. I've got it on the wish-list.