Profile for flobro > Reviews

Content by flobro

flobro (Devon, UK)

SCRABBLE
SCRABBLE

5.0 out of 5 stars If you already play scrabble on Facebook, you'll love this!, 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Easy download, install and play. Picks up all my existing games and now allows me to play anywhere! My life is complete!

Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
Duolingo: Learn Languages Free

5.0 out of 5 stars great app for reinforcing learning, 12 Dec. 2013
I downloaded this app for my kindle fire and it's brilliant for reinforcing learning. Not sure it could teach you but it certainly helps you remember what you've learned. It is extremely addictive too. Would highly recommend as a revision tool.

Nokia Lumia 820 SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Windows)
Nokia Lumia 820 SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Windows)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great intuitive smart phone., 27 Aug. 2013
This does exactly what I want and for me is a lot more intuitive than other smartphones. Love the windows set up. Also love the camera which was one of the main reasons for switching from my old phone to a smartphone.

I also liked the predictive text on the phone. I've never liked touch screens and always preferred keyboards being a touch typist but this is fast enough not to mind too much.

The phone itself holds a micro sim (which I didn't know existed, I thought they were all the same size!). Managed to cut it down using a template which was fine, if not a little nerve wracking! Battery life isn't great but I'm come to understand that's the case with all the smartphones I've seen so I'm not too worried, there are options to improve it and they are worth looking at.

All in all I'm really pleased with this purchase and the seller was excellent.

France TV Free
France TV Free

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful app for learning French, 16 Feb. 2013
This review is from: France TV Free (App)
I've found this app really useful for watching French TV on my Kindle Fire. I often can't find TV to view on the PC and this has been the best way to do it. There are lots of channels to choose from. I don't understand why some of the channels won't load but there are lots of others to choose from.

lo polidoro
lo polidoro

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely catchy!, 16 Feb. 2013
This review is from: lo polidoro (MP3 Download)
I found this artist through online french lessons with Alexa Polidoro, she uses "marinette, elle est jolie mais elle est bete" on her French lessons as an introduction. It is so catchy!

I had to take a look at the rest of the songs as as the price was so reasonable decided to download the complete album and am glad I did.

The album is sung in French and English, is very happy, funny and you can't help but sing along. Highly recommended.

Les Portes Tordues/The Twisted Doors: The Scariest Way in the World to Learn French!
by Kathie Dior

5.0 out of 5 stars Les Portes Tordues est un livre excellent et très interessant, 15 May 2006
I found this a very helpful book to help consolidate my knowledge of french (I am in my second year of an OU course). You have to pass litte quizzes at the end of each chapter so that you can progress through to the next one and find out what happens in the story. The plot is interesting and having a CD with it means that you can listen to this separately as I did(around the house on my iPod!) and really get used to the way french sounds in a structured way. It's not too hard that you give up after the first chapter!