Profile for DerbyRob > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Monarch (Remixes)
Monarch (Remixes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong!, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Monarch (Remixes) (MP3 Download)
I love Delerium and wanted something to listen to when running or at the gym. There are loads of different mixes and they are perfect for a high-intensity work-out when you want to block out the world around you and burn off some calories! Delerium fans know what they are going to get (like Enigma, they have a distinctive sound which rarely fluctuates from the tried and tested) but I think this remix track represents great value for money.

Kite Kids Stripy Button Neck Boy's Sweatshirt Navy 7-8 Years
Kite Kids Stripy Button Neck Boy's Sweatshirt Navy 7-8 Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smart top, 14 April 2013
Fleece-like material makes this very cozy and the colours and classic design are great. The buttons are chunky and the stitching around the neck is very good. The 'Kite' logo on the neck is embroidered nicely to give a classy look to a versatile garment. Recommended.

Hatley Stripes Boy's Sweatshirt Navy Stripe 7 Years
Hatley Stripes Boy's Sweatshirt Navy Stripe 7 Years
Offered by KrisElla Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hoodie for the beach!, 14 April 2013
Great quality garment with some nice detailed stitching around the pockets and around the neck. The material is fairly thin so it is perfect for the summer evenings to be worn over a T-shirt for those after-dinner strolls with the family! It comes fairly big in size which is actually a good thing in my opinion given that our boy grows out of clothes in no time at all! Recommended.

Delta Machine
Delta Machine
Offered by davehopetrading
Price: 13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to form!, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Delta Machine (Audio CD)
Great production values and a really impressive return to form from DM! I love the track 'Broken' in particular with its stirring chorus laden with strings; 'Should be Higher' also has a nice 80s 'Knight Rider' feel (this is a good thing IMHO) and any Mode fan will not be disappointed. I recommend devotees invest in the special edition purely on the basis of a track called 'Happens all the Time' - an incredible 'B-side' of an anthem, complete with discordant chorus which has so many layers it will blow your mind!

Completely Unexpected Tales: Tales of the Unexpected and More Tales of the Unexpected
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic - can't go wrong, 4 April 2013
What can you say about Dahl? He is extremely dark when writing for adults and this contains some of his most famous stories, as you would expect from the title. A real gem - you can't go wrong with this classic.

The Winding Sheet
The Winding Sheet
Price: 7.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his later work, 4 April 2013
This review is from: The Winding Sheet (Audio CD)
I love Mark Lanegan's voice and adore SoulSavers. However, I have to say that the sound of this album is not as great as some of his later work. The style of the CD design is very dated and the sound lacks the punch of some of his other work in my opinion. I know some reviews of this are excellent and I am prepared to update my review if I change my mind. However, I cannot help but feel a little under-whelmed by first impressions, I am afraid to say...

Whiskey For The Holy Ghost
Whiskey For The Holy Ghost
Price: 18.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good production values, 4 April 2013
Excellent production values - really stripped down and acoustic but with some great tracks. I worked backwards from Soulsavers whom I love and this is a very nice album. 4 stars instead of 5 because I prefer bigger sounds to the minimalist acoustic style; however, I still admire the quality of this, like a fine bourbon.

Mens 2 PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned SAN DIEGO running sock
Mens 2 PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned SAN DIEGO running sock
Offered by The Sportswear Factory
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality at a good price, 4 April 2013
I would really recommend these socks and this brand in general. I have tried to get into running again and the instep arch support really helps me and makes my running shoes fit better. These are good value for money and feel really comfortable. My wife wears the female version of this by More Mile and she loves them too.

Hummel Technical Gold Sweat RedLarge
Hummel Technical Gold Sweat RedLarge

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice attention to detail, 20 Mar 2013
I love Hummel and really like the details such as the collar and the stitching around the elbows. I went for a large size and it is quite big but that is my own fault I suppose. There is also a slight stripe in the material which isn't immediately obvious from the photographs. I love the 'Technical Gold' range and although this isn't my favourite item in the range, it is still very good. The side details are great but perhaps the front is a little plain, being one block of red. Overall a nice, warm jumper that was a very reasonable price.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 7.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack, 17 Mar 2013
My six-year-old son loves this film and he goes to sleep listening to this album. In his own words, it is his 'favourite CD' and you can't go wrong with Danny Elfman (of Spiderman fame I believe). It does what it says on the tin - great value and a sound investment!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7