Profile for DerbyRob > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Hummel Technical X Uni Jersey Short Sleeves - Red, M
Hummel Technical X Uni Jersey Short Sleeves - Red, M

5.0 out of 5 stars Still lovin the Hummels!, 10 Jan 2014
I have loved the Hummel make since the great Denmark teams of the 80s with the Laudrup (brothers), Olsen, Sivebaek and co. For the record, I think it is scandalous that Denmark now wear Adidas instead of this great make because everything that I have bought which is made by Hummel has been well-made, stylish and excellent value for money. This is really well fitted and the matching shorts are also very smart. I am really pleased with the price that I paid too - what a bargain!

Pentel Energel Retractable Violet (pack of 12)
Pentel Energel Retractable Violet (pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars These write very smoothly, 20 Nov 2013
I like these pens a lot: they have a comfortable grip and the ink flows evenly and smoothly. They don't last forever so it is a good idea to get a 12 pack - this should last me 3 or 4 months so it represents good value for money. Recommended.

Lost
Lost

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed to be honest, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Lost (MP3 Download)
I own three or four Trentemoller albums and first discovered him after finding some remixes (e.g. Moby's 'Go'). Therefore, I was excited to see that he had a new release out and purchased it before really finding out anything about it. It may be a grower but I have been left feeling decidedly under-whelmed. I really wanted to like it but I feel that it is a bit too 'arty' and lacks the impact of previous albums. It feels 'clever' and 'experimental' and the guest singers add 'diversity' but none of these characteristics necessarily make it any good I'm afraid. I would still buy future Trentemoller albums but this is definitely not his finest hour in my personal opinion.

INNOCENTS
INNOCENTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Moby's best album since 'Play', 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: INNOCENTS (Audio CD)
I am a loyal fan of Moby and have followed his work since developing an obsession with 'Go' and David Lynch's 'Twin Peaks'. I remember buying 'Play' before it became the monster album that most people own. In my view, 'Innocents' is his best work since then. In the past, some of his albums have been experimental and not very mainstream; others have felt a bit too techno and 'trendy' for NY night-clubs. This album has the odd mainstream track but is mostly melodic, calming and provides a classic sound. I would recommend the EP if you upgrade to the double CD because there are at least three tracks on there which are stand-out tunes. Pleasantly surprised!

Bahco 808050 Ratchet Screwdriver and 6 Bits
Bahco 808050 Ratchet Screwdriver and 6 Bits
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality item, 1 Nov 2013
Growing up, my dad had a ratchet screwdriver and I have always seen the value in such a versatile item. In the past, I have bought cheaper versions but the mechanisms rust and don't last long enough. With this screw-driver you are paying for quality. It has a reassuring weight to it and the hidden attachments are a nice touch. I would thoroughly recommend this DIY tool.

Pringle MC676 Men's Shirt Navy/Dark Burgundy Medium
Pringle MC676 Men's Shirt Navy/Dark Burgundy Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish top!, 1 Nov 2013
I have always associated Pringle with golf but on exploring the website, their clothing range is high-end luxury which remain timeless while seeming fashionable at the same time. I love this top: the material is fantastic and the slim fit styling is very flattering. The top looks great with the button done up or loose; there are two hidden buttons for a more open-collar look if this is what you prefer. Overall, this is a high quality garment - please be aware that it cannot be put in a tumble-dryer though! I had a near-escape when I found it in a pile of washing but thankfully, my prized top remains in great condition. Not cheap but you usually get what you pay for in my view.

Bright Orange Silk Knot Cufflinks - Cuffs & Co
Bright Orange Silk Knot Cufflinks - Cuffs & Co
Offered by Cuffs & Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Mix and match, 26 Sep 2013
I have a few striped ties and find that wearing one cufflink of each colour works really well. Recommended - smart and inexpensive.

Yellow Silk Knot Cufflinks | Cuffs & Co
Yellow Silk Knot Cufflinks | Cuffs & Co
Offered by Cuffs & Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up old shirts, 26 Sep 2013
I really like adding flashes of colour to an outfit and find that a plain shirt goes best with a coloured tie. This is the perfect accompaniment that doesn't cost the earth!

Kensington SoleSoother - Foot rest
Kensington SoleSoother - Foot rest
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 17 Sep 2013
Simple to set up and very comfortable. I have one of these at home and bought one for work because I find it very useful since I sit for long periods in one position. Recommended!

Bird Print Robin Birds Scarf Cream Ladies Oversize Animal Fashion Wrap
Bird Print Robin Birds Scarf Cream Ladies Oversize Animal Fashion Wrap
Offered by World of Shawls

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic design, 14 Sep 2013
Very good value for money and a versatile scarf that can be warn with lots of different outfits due to the multi-coloured nature of the birds. Timeless yet fashionable - recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8