Profile for Tony Ruddock > Reviews

Content by Tony Ruddock

Tony Ruddock (Leeds, England)

Harbour Housewares Microfibre Cloths - Pack of 10 - Large 40 x 40cm - Pink, Blue, Yellow, Green, Red
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, just what I was looking for to ..., 17 Oct 2014
Great product, just what I was looking for to buff my car after polishing. Bargain price and quick delivery too. Thanks

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Sits too high on the handlebars and mine worked loose after a few hundred metres..., 24 July 2012
I bought ths mount so I could use an app on my HTC Wildfire to track my mountain bike rides.

The item comes in various parts, there is a swivel mount that goes on the handlebars, then there is the bit with an elastic strap (to hold the phone securely) which clips into the mount, the third component is the adjustable cradle that the phone sits in, this clips into the bit with the elastic. Already you get the feeling this item is BIG! Mine also came with some tape to wrap around the handlebars, a couple of mount claps for different diameter handlebars, an Allen key for the mount bolts but no instructions.

I have straight carbon bars on my bike and I found the best combination of mount clamps. I stuck the tape to my handlebars and then placed the mount over the tape - a bit of a faff but we got there! The mount seemed secure, although due to the size of this thing my phone was quite high above my bars.

On the first outing, after a few hundred metres' riding I noticed the mount had started to come loose, it had basically shifted from the tape underneath. After hitting a bumpy run, that was it, the thing had worked totally loose and my phone was dangling upside down! So I removed the phone leaving the mount dangling. It wasn't the bolts that had come loose, the mount had just somehow managed to work itself loose from the tape.

When I got home I removed the clamp from the handlebars and thought about how I could mount the phone on the stem. So I used some zip-ties and managed to get the phone cradle and the elastic strap part secured to my stem - although I haven't been out on a ride yet to test its robustness! It looks much better as well, the swivel mount is rather cumbersome and awkward looking - it has been totally discarded!

So... I'm very happy with the actual phone holder it's excellent, the elastic strap does a superb job of keeping the phone secure. On the other hand I'm not impressed with the cumbersome nature of the swivel mount and it's inability to stay in one place on the handlebars!

New Black Rubber Silicone Case Cover For iPhone 3Gs
New Black Rubber Silicone Case Cover For iPhone 3Gs

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't really go wrong given the price paid!, 12 July 2012
I bought this for my iPhone 3GS as I wanted something that would protect the back and make the phone not quite so slippy in the hand.

It wasn't a huge amount of money, so I wasn't going to be out of pocket by much if I didn't like it.

It is a plain black soft rubber case, no markings, labelling or embossing that covers the back and the edges (no part of the front screen). The rubber that proctects the phone is rather thick and side while that covering the front edges is a little thin. It does fit quite nicely, although it's not exactly a tight fit. The thick rubber around the edges does make it a little awkward to press any of the buttons, but I am still able to plug in the charging lead no problems. The case does need to be removed if I'm using the phone with the dock, but I'd expect that anyway.

The case arrived very quickly and whilst it was well packaged mine did have a slight kink in the rubber down one side (which now that it's been on the phone for a good few hours does seem to be going).

Only given 4 stars because it's not a tight fit to the phone and I think the rubber on the back and around the edges is a tad too thick making the phone just a wee bit bulky and slightly more awkward to use.

Genuine HTC PO S530 Leather Pouch for Wildfire/Wildfire S/Desire C - POS530
Genuine HTC PO S530 Leather Pouch for Wildfire/Wildfire S/Desire C - POS530
Offered by DeviceFun

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad..., 12 July 2012
I bought this for my Wildfire (not 'S'), it is a quality well made item. Black leather with black stitching, a pull-tab to get the phone out and the HTC logo embossed towards the bottom front.

The leather smells rather "industrial", it doesn't have that nice "leather" smell, is quite hard, not as soft as I'd imagined, but the phone does sit very snuggly inside the nice soft interior. I wouldn't recommend this if you're going to put your phone in a bag with lots of other loose items because the top edge of the phone doesn't slide just quite far enough down and so is left just a tad exposed meaning it could get scratched by a wayward bunch of keys or something like that. I suppose over time as the leather softens up the phone may slide further down, I'm not sure. Great if your keep your phone in your pocket though.

The tag to pull the phone out is a nice touch, the phone is ejected quickly and smoothly.

These Are The Facts
These Are The Facts

3.0 out of 5 stars Mellowed with age?, 7 Dec 2007
This review is from: These Are The Facts (Audio CD)
I was tipped off about Milburn by a colleague at works who'd seen them at the Carling Leeds Festival in 2006, Having never heard of them before I took a gamble and bought the album 'Well Well Well'. The gamble certain paid off because it would be in the top three of albums that I bought last year! I was struck by the raw feel of the music, the catchy tunes and the youthful lyrics.

When I heard Milburn were bringing out a second album I pre-ordered it straight away. Much excitment ensued until the day it arrived and I played it, oh dear I was disappointed.

Gone was the raw sound, to be replaced by a more mellow, more polished and better produced sound. Don't get me wrong this isn't a bad thing, but I prefer the rawness of 'Well Well Well'.

I've heard 'These Are The Facts' described as a more mature album than 'Well Well Well' - is it possibly a case of Milburn mellowing with age?

Well Well Well
Well Well Well
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album made 'Special' by the bonus tracks, 7 Dec 2007
This review is from: Well Well Well (Audio CD)
Well Well Well is a class album with some great songs, however it's worth hunting down the 'Special Edition' because the extra tracks are a real bonus.

My favourite track on the standard album is 'Brewster' and one of the extra tracks is a version that features Billy Bragg (I wonder if the connection to him has anything to do with the sleeve artwork!) but the standout track for me is '17' which is only available on this version.

Superb.

An Eye for a Main Chance
An Eye for a Main Chance

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new here, 20 Sep 2007
This is pure 'old school' (mid 1980's) British Goth. Totally derivative, personally I can't see the comparisons to the Sisters (who were, in my opinion, far superior), apart from the style of the artwork on the cover.

To me the sound is more reminiscent of the earlier Mission stuff (examples being God's Own Medicine or the compilation album The First Chapter).

Sorry guys, it just doesn't cut it for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2011 2:41 PM BST