Profile for L. Adams > Reviews

Size 8 Unbranded Men's K3004 Suede Lace Ups
Size 8 Unbranded Men's K3004 Suede Lace Ups

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Feb. 2015
Very nice shoes.

The History of Classical Music (Non Fiction)
The History of Classical Music (Non Fiction)
by Richard Fawkes
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 17 Jun. 2014
I haven't listened to all 4 Cd's yet but have played the first two several times over and hopefully some of the facts have gone in! It is a nicely recorded album(s) and I don't think you will be disappointed. The other reviews on here are a lot better than mine so read them, I just wanted to say that I am happy with my purchase and that it would be a good teaching aid both for personal and classroom situations.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 14 April 2014
I'm by no means an authority on these things but this seems to me very good and I am happy with the quality of the product. I would recommend it.

No Matter What the Season
No Matter What the Season

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit rough and ready!, 27 July 2013
As I have put above, this album might not be what you are expecting. When I say it's "a bit rough and ready" I mean it's not refined, over processed, not fantastically in tune, not quite together. It's raw, it's live, it's real. Most modern pipe bands wouldn't put this out but bravo to this band for doing it like they do, as the bands must have sounded during that period. Also, to hear those drums with that sound along with the pipes and fifes, terrific stuff, it gives a real musical flavour of that period.That's what this band are all about!
At the moment, I teach drums and percussion to certain people in a certain part of the world and we also have a Pipe Major here doing his bit . I played the album to him and was expecting him not to like it, because of the reasons given in my title, but you know what - he did like it! Do you know what else? He is a former Pipe Major of the Black Watch! Well done to the 42nd Royal Highlanders, keep up the good work, warts and all. Bravo!

Lovely Nancy
Lovely Nancy

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Playing, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Lovely Nancy (MP3 Download)
A nicely recorded track of a good tune, expertly played.This music is used for the BBC radio comedy "Revolting People" written and staring Andy Hamilton and adds to the show (the period, ambience etc) excellently. A very fine example of the rudimentary drumming used around that time - possibly?

Kindle for Android
Kindle for Android

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Kindle for Android (App)
I have a Coby tablet which I use mainly as an e-reader and wanted to buy some books from Amazon. I downloaded the app but it failed to work on my machine so double check the system etc, probably my own fault so I shouldn't complain. The only people to loose out are Amazon because I bought the book else where.

Uplift
Uplift

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Album, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Uplift (MP3 Download)
I'm a late-commer to Monty Alexander although I've been aware of him for quite sometime so this is my first record of his in my collection. I must say it is a terrific cd to have and will certainly be buying more from Mr Alexander, great stuff.

Hang on Little Tomato
Hang on Little Tomato

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Album, 8 April 2013
If you like this band then you know what they're all about. Nice music excellently performed and wonderfully produced. A nice album to have.

Metronome: Tempo
Metronome: Tempo

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Tool, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Metronome: Tempo (App)
A very handy app to have and very easy to use with lots of useful features that will help you keep in time when practising.

Ear Coach
Ear Coach

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little app, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Ear Coach (App)
A great little app to help your aural skills. Works very well and is most useful with varying degrees of difficulty and easy to use.

Page: 1 | 2