Profile for Cristina Slough > Reviews

Content by Cristina Slough

Cristina Slough

Movies Logo Quiz (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Movies Logo Quiz (Kindle Tablet Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars want my money back, 2 May 2013
Worst 68p ever spent, makers of this game cannot spell making it impossible to get many answers correct. Suggest they refund everybody that bought this awful game!

Where We Belong
Where We Belong
by Emily Giffin

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Where We Belong (Hardcover)
I've been a fan of Emily Giffin for a little while now, since I picked up Heart of The Matter. I was very excited when I pre-orderd this new book however, I've been left very disappointed.
The story is about a young woman that gives up her daughter for adoption, 18 years later after becoming a successful TV producer her daughter turns up on her door step. There is little emotion between the mother and daughter like I would have expected, nor that of the adoptive parents.

I understand that Emily has tried to capture the life of her younger character Kirby, but I felt like I have been reading a book for teens rather than a adult, and I ended up feeling frustrated and bored. If you are a fan of Emily by all means read this, but don't spend hardback cover money on it because sadly this story is not worth it.

One Tree Hill-Vol. 2
One Tree Hill-Vol. 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pal for your car stereo, 1 Mar. 2006
This review is from: One Tree Hill-Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
Sons Gonna Rise now isn't this just the ticket for your roof down on a sunny day cruising, taken from in my opinion the best Tree Hill episode ever 'I'm wide awake it's morning'. You can visualize the race track and believe me it's so fun to drive with. Tyler Hilton now his voice is amazing it's hard to beileve that he is not a well known like the likes of our american/pop idol winners he is what raw talent is about old school he's worked his way up not just appeared on a talent contest and got lucky. Hilton preforms a amazing cover of 'Missing you'. Some songs are a little dull but well worth buying for singing along in the car on your own or with some pals.

One Tree Hill - Season 2 [DVD] [2006]
One Tree Hill - Season 2 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Chad Michael Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars 'There is only One Tree Hill', 1 Mar. 2006
When I first sat down to watch One Tree Hill season 1 the very first episode, I was fustrated by Peyton's annoying teenage mood swings and the constant snide remarks she'd make when others were being nice to her. As the weeks passed the characters grew stonger and progressed out of a normal american teenage drama into a show that was worth giving up a night out for. Season 2 see's Tree Hill's kids grow into adults into finding themselves, Hayley falls into the classic middle of the road as Britney once finally sung 'not a girl not yet a woman; as she seeks becoming a star and living her dream with music but also walking away from Nathan Scott the once bad spoliked brat she tamed into a loveable man. Nathan really comes into his own as he journeys down the road of heartbreak, there is an amazing preformance in which he finally cracks in 'I'm wide awake it's morning' this covers every raw emotion, and fun scenes on racing cars, fun music and female togetherness as Deb, Brooke, Karen and Peyton support eachother in times of trouble. Dan proves to be the lovable villian we all know and love, Keith becomes less of a push over and finally starts to put himself first. Brooke still has feelings for Lucas but having been so hurt and betrayed she tries firmly to dismiss those heart flutters and try her hand at 'friends with bennifits' with the 'i love myself' Felix. Felix and his lesibian/straight sister Anna add a bit of spice to the season mid way but pleasing they served there temporary slots nicely. The darling nerd Mouth finally finds love which is FINALLY returned. Peyton gives outstanding preformances when Jake returns with baby Jenny, this actress is really going places. And Lucas Scott if you can get passed the unsuited shaved head Lucas Scott is still the star of the show. Aside from season 1 Lucas is not the centre of the show I think its more fouced on Nathan. The soundtrack for this is a additinal bonus that you will replay episodes just so you can hear the music again and again. Season 2 is addictive, attempted murders, teenage love, adult relationships, Brooke Davis is not just the little rich girl but she has learned to stand on her own two feet and realise life is not just about boys and shopping. Poor Deb rarely manages a smile in season 2 as Dan has eaten away at every part of her good side.
As Karen put it, 'there is only One Tree Hill and it's your home' buy the DVD and you will understand exactly how true those words are.

Only You [VHS] [1995]
Only You [VHS] [1995]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars All single females seeking Damon Bradley, 12 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Only You [VHS] [1995] (VHS Tape)
Lets face it, all us girls have the idea of a perfect man should be, we all like to say that being modern girls that we don't need the romance like they did in the old days, who are we kiddin! We all like a giggle over sex and the city but having watched Only You more times then I can count most of us girls would opt for our own Robert Downey Jr rather than Mr Big.
Every day we read our stars in hope that the day will bring us the perfect guy, Faith (Marissa Tomei) begins her quest of finding her true love when she is told by a fortune teller and a ouija board that her man of destiny is called Damon Bradley.
Faith goes through life in search of this man and almost looses sight and gets engaged to a foot doctor, until the moment comes where she recieves a phone call from Damon Bradley her fiances' friend who can't make it to the wedding as he has to go on a business trip to Italy. Faith sees this as a omen and races to the airport with her sister in law and best friend, together they are on a mission to find Damon Bradley, fate leads Faith into the arms of Robert Downey Jr. Destiny may put you on the right path but it does not always give you the correct signs as the cheeky Robert Downey Jr proves. Stunning hotels, this film shows Italy at it's best and makes you wanna book a flight.
If you like this also try Bed of Roses with Christain Slater and Life or something like it with Angelina Jolie both girly flicks that prove destiny does exist....

Life or Something Like It [VHS] [2002] [2003]
Life or Something Like It [VHS] [2002] [2003]
VHS
Offered by EWARDS SPECIALS

4.0 out of 5 stars It makes you think what really matters in life, 5 Aug. 2003
After the movie has finished it still plays on in your head, and you start to ponder upon the big question that the film is all about, what if I had 7 days to live what would I do with my life?
Angelina Jolie once again proves that she can adapt to any role that she takes on, the character she plays could not be further from the Jolie we know and love. This is a must see film for movie goers who believe there is a higher being than just us, in places the film can be a bit depressing, but the warm ending makes up for any sadness you may encounter.
A must see thumbs up Angelina