Profile for Kerk > Reviews

Content by Kerk

Kerk

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles series Book 6)
Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles series Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars IFL this series!!, 1 Sept. 2014
WOW...Just, WOW!

I'm not sure where to even start this review as I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who is yet to read the final instalment! Let’s just say this is an amazing book to complete an ever more amazing series!

I have been following this series for almost 2 years and couldn't wait for the final book to be released. I was patiently waiting for August 25th and was thrilled when it was downloaded onto my kindle just in time for the bank holiday. Now that I've read the final book and it’s all over, I'm gutted that Keatyn's story has come to an end :( But wow, what a ending it was! This booking had me laughing, crying, gasping to the point that my jaw hit the deck several times, and at certain points I swear I started turning blue where I was holding my breath for so long! This book really is the best thing since sliced bread!

I never re-read books as I think there are so many stories out there waiting to be read, but this is a series I will defiantly be coming back to at some point. Jillian Dodd is a brilliant author and ‘The Keatyn Chronicles’ will stick with me for a long time! I had to peel myself away from it which was a chore in itself! And at night I found myself dreaming about what I had previously read that day – that’s how addicted to this book I was. I even think there is potential for another book to follow on from this, I’d love to know what happens next for everyone. This could just be because I'm not quite ready to let go yet, who knows! ;)

I really can’t rave about this series enough – there are no words to describe how amazing it is! Go purchase ‘Stalk Me’ and get reading, you won’t be disappointed!

Hate Me (The Keatyn Chronicles series Book 5)
Hate Me (The Keatyn Chronicles series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars IFL this book!, 25 April 2014
Wow! Where do I start??

This...book...is...BRILLIANT! No, swipe that, it's AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT! The story just gets better and better!

I don't want to spoil it for anyone by telling you what happens in this book, but I will just say it's jam packed with action scenes and swoon worthy moments that'll keep you glued!

Keatyn's character has really grown throughout the series and this is very evident in `Hate me'. I seriously love this girl - strong, independent, caring, brave...the list goes on! GREAT character. In fact, all the characters are brilliant in this series and I think that's probably why these books are so successful (well, I think so anyway). Where we've followed them through six books now I generally feel like I know them all and can picture them as real people acting out the scenes from the book! - I need to get a life right? Haha.

I really can't put into words how brilliant this book is...well, the whole series actually! Before `Hate me' was released we had a family grievance and I lost all interest in the things I love, including reading. The long awaited release date and Jillian's amazing writing skills has brought me out of my little bubble and I finally have the reading bug again! :) I can't believe we have to wait four months for the last instalment though! And that ending...eugh! August can't come soon enough!

That Boy
That Boy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 April 2014
This review is from: That Boy (Kindle Edition)
I read this book quite a while ago now but thought it was worthy of a review so here it is…

I’m a BIG fan of Jillian Dodd’s work and originally discovered my love for her book’s after reading ‘Stalk me’ which is part of the Keatyn chronicles series – OMG, AMAZING books, you have to read these!!! Anyway, whilst waiting for my next Keatyn fix I thought I’d give another of Jillian’s books a try and had high hopes for ‘That Boy’ - it didn’t disappoint!

Jillian seems to have a special power in conjuring up gorgeous, swoon worthy guys! Danny and Phillip - *dribble dribble* I’m not fussy when it comes to these two boys, I’d happily settle down with either of them :)

Although I loved this book, I can’t help but compare it to the Keatyn chronicle series and feel that maybe this didn’t quite hit the spot like Jullian’s other books did? Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘That Boy’, I just haven’t rushed off to buy the next instalment yet which is very unlike me. I know I will eventually read ‘That Wedding’, I just think I’m too hooked on Keatyn at the moment to focus on JJ and Phillip’s story.

If you like reading about gorgeous boys, teenage dramas, heartache and love, then I defiantly recommend this book!

Losing It
Losing It

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Losing It (Kindle Edition)
I know what I'm about to say appears in most of my reviews on here but it just has to be said...again! This book is brilliant! I obviously have great taste when it comes to picking books? Either that or I'm just easily pleased :)

I've read a few books covering the whole student/teacher forbidden love and this is defiantly on par with `When summer ends' which is another fab story covering this tricky subject. I was completely drawn into the story and instantly fell in love with both Bliss and Garrick. The fact that Garrick is British was an added bonus, although, I don't think us Brits call people `love' as much as Garrick does? But hey ho, maybe he's from somewhere a bit posher than me :p

Bliss is a college student in her final months at school but she's also hiding a big secret from her friends...she's still a virgin. She decides it's time to get rid of her v plates and hits a bar with her best friend Kelsey on a man hunt...cue Garrick! After an instant attraction and a few drinks for dutch courage, Bliss goes home with him. Sparks fly between them but before anything else can happen, Bliss bottles it and makes a quick exit after using some lame excuse about her sick cat (be prepared for a laugh out loud moment). The next morning Bliss just wants to forget the whole thing and clings onto the hope that she'll never bump into the gorgeous guy she left in her bed the night before! Little does she know that this is only just the beginning...the next day at school during her theatre class, in walks Garrick as her new teacher! AHHHH!

Before discovering `Losing it' I'd never come across anything by Cora Carmack but I will defiantly be looking out for other books by her. I know she's continued this series but focusing on other characters from the book and I will be purchasing my next instalment very soon! I would defiantly recommend this book - go by it now :)

Adore Me (The Keatyn Chronicles series Book 5)
Adore Me (The Keatyn Chronicles series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Eeeekkkkk!, 20 Dec. 2013
Another brilliant book in the Keatyn chronicles series!

I hated the thought of having to wait until 2014 for my next Keatyn fix, so to say I was excited about this book being released is an understatement!

This series has me completely hooked and somehow, each book gets better and better. The characters are so well developed I feel like I know them personally - this is probably one of the reasons why I get so drawn in by each book, I feel like I'm reading about people I know! At the moment I have the paperback version of these books but will be purchasing them all again on my Kindle, I just LOVE them!

The only criticism I have about 'Adore me' is that it's quite short. Once I start reading these books I find it difficult to put them down so this little number only took me a couple of hours to read. Having said that, I appreciate it was just to cover Keatyn's thanksgiving break, and in all honesty, when it comes to these books I'm greedy and can't get enough :)

I cannot wait for Hate me to be released! I've got everything crossed that Keatyn will go back to school, Eastbrooke wouldnt be the same without her :D

Just for Now (Sea Breeze 4)
Just for Now (Sea Breeze 4)
by Abbi Glines

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for all four books!, 13 Nov. 2013
After reading, and falling in love with, the `Too Far' series by Abbi Glines, I decided to give the Sea Breeze book's a try, and wow! I loved them all!

Each booked is based around one of the main, male characters finding love. Book one is about Jax and Sadie, book two is focused on Marcus and Low, book three is Cage and Eva's story, and book four is about Preston and Amanda. Each instalment includes the other main characters so the stories follow on nicely from each other. I'm trying to work out which is my favourite but it continuously changes as there's parts of every story that I love.

My favourite hottie by far is Cage York - everything about him is appealing. He's a typical bad boy who has had his wicked way with many girls, but the tenderness he show's towards Low, and then Eva would melt any girls heart - amazing character. But then there's Preston. Again, he comes across as a player and a bit of a pig really, but then we find out about his little brothers and sister, and how he cares for them whilst his alcoholic mother neglects them...another heart melting moment. Oh, and Marcus is worth a mention too! He's not my favourite character (he comes across as a bit of a wet wipe really) but the way he cares for Low and tries to pick up the pieces of his broken family is very cute. Him and Low's story is probably the most frustrating to read but still brilliant! And last but not least, Jax. He's a famous rock star who has come home to Sea breeze for the summer and ends up falling in love with Sadie, the `domestic help'. Again, not the most believable story but everyone likes a fairy tale ending :)

So, you can see the predicament I'm in! How is a girl to choose her favourite when they're all pretty amazing. Basically, what I'm trying to say is go and buy all four books, you will not be disappointed!! :)

The One
The One
by Annaliese Plowright

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit odd!, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The One (Paperback)
This was probably one of the oddest books I had ever read?!?!

It took me a while to get in to but the last couple of chapters had me hooked. I had never read anything like this before and was a little apprehensive about purchasing it but decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot...and my verdict...I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't completely my cuppa char but it was an enjoyable read. I tend to go for HUMAN romance novels so this was something a bit different as the two main characters, Arwan and Brooke, were from 'another world' (although Brooke doesn't know this until the end of the story). I have to admit, at times I was a little confused about what was going but I cottoned on towards the end :)

I liked the fact that the book was left open so there is potential for a follow on. And although this book did baffle me at times, I would defiantly be intrigued to continue the story.

If you're into the whole supernatural, other world, warrior god, love stories, then I would defiantly recommend this book to you!

Where I Need to Be
Where I Need to Be
by Kimberly Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Sign me up to the nearest gym!, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Where I Need to Be (Paperback)
Wow..

I took 'Where I need to be' away on holiday with me and was completely hooked from the first page. I just couldn't put it down, resulting in me becoming a recluse and returning home without much of a tan :( Luckily though, it was quite a short read so I was able to get through it in one sitting and didn't miss too much valuable sun bathing time! :)

When I purchased this book I hadn't realised it was part of series so when I got towards the end and was expecting everything to be 'tidied up', I was quite shocked with how things were left. It had the desired effect though as I came home and ordered the next two books in the series straight away.

This book is truly brilliant! I even got my mum to read it whilst we were away and she loved it as much as me. I think I'll have to hide book two until I've read it, otherwise I have sneaky suspicion it could go missing from my bookshelf!!

Defiantly go buy this book!

Love Me (The Keatyn Chronicles series Book 4)
Love Me (The Keatyn Chronicles series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Faaaaaabbbbulous, 29 Aug. 2013
I know I have said this many times before but WOW! I seriously loved this book. The whole series has been amazing and this one is equally as fab as the previous three :)

I don't have a kindle so had to wait a little longer for the paperback version to be realeased. I kept torturing myself by reading all the 5* reviews posted by the lucky people who had already got their hands on a copy. I even contemplated purchasing a kindle just so I could get my Keatyn fix quicker. I have to say though, it was defiantly worth the wait.

I tried to pace myself to make the book last longer but I just couldn't do it. I was up until stupid o'clock with the intention of reading 'just one more chapter' but of course, one more ended up being almost the whole book. I was completely sucked in right from the beginning and fell in love with the characters all over again. Some of Keatyn's decisions at the beginning of the book frustrated me but I guess if I had all those beautiful men after me I would be a bit torn as well.

Throughout the book I constantly swapped from team Dawson, to team Aiden and on the odd occasion, even to team B! How is Keatyn supposed to choose, she's spoilt for choice. I loved the introduction of Cooper Steele, Keatyn's gorgeous new bodyguard hired by Garrett to protect her from the awful Vincent. Again, he's another complete hottie for us girlies to dream about :)

I can't wait for the next book to come out. As usual, we are left on a 'cliff-hanger' and the thought of having to wait months for the next instalment is a killer! However, I was so pleased to hear Jillian Dodd is bringing a novella out to cover Keatyns thanksgiving break. Although she's gone away on her own, I have a sneaky suspicion it won't stay that way.

I cannot recommend these books highly enough. It's by far one of the best series I have EVER read. Thank you Jillian Dodd :)

Entwined With You (Crossfire, Book 3)
Entwined With You (Crossfire, Book 3)
by Sylvia Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait!, 23 July 2013
I've had 'Entwined With You' since it was realised but kept putting off reading it after seeing some pretty bad reviews. I completely loved the first two books and didn't want this one to tarnish my opinion of the amazing Crossfire series. A friend had already given me the heads up that this wasn't the last we'd hear from Eva and Gideon and that there were in fact another two books to come out. Last week I eventually plucked up the courage to give it a go and was surprised by how much I actually liked it!

The story picks up right from where we left off in book two and we're taken on another emotional rollercoaster with lots of saucy sex scenes thrown into the mix (maybe too many in fact...they must be exhausted juggling a full time job, a social life and all those hot all-nighters!?!?) Nevertheless, I was completely gripped and couldn't put it down! Oh, and the way this book ended...ohhhh mannnn! Please don't make us wait too long for the next instalment, I don't think I can handle it!!!

Although I was looking forward to all the loose ends being tidied up in what should have been the final book, I actually quite like the idea that we get the chance to follow Eva and Gideon for even longer - it will be interesting to see where Sylvia Day goes next with them.

I DEFIANTLY recommend this book to anyone who has started the Crossfire series. I can't believe I made myself wait all those extra weeks! Doofus!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4