Profile for Graham Berry > Reviews

Content by Graham Berry

Graham Berry

Page: 1 | 2
Raspberry Ketones Plus Bonus Healthy Living Ebook - Our Mega Value 180 Count Bottles (Not 60 Count Like Most Others) Will Help Blast The Fat Away | Take 600mg - 1200mg Per Day - For Advanced Results Use With A Detox Colon Cleanse and/or Green Coffee Bean Extract - Invest In Our Fat Burner Slimming Pills That Work Fast - Comes With Our 100% Money Back Guarantee If You Do Not See Satisfactory Weight Loss - Absolutely ZERO RISK!!
Offered by Az Natural Supplements Ltd

Weihrauch Piston Seal Washer For HW95 HW98 HW97 HW77
Weihrauch Piston Seal Washer For HW95 HW98 HW97 HW77
Offered by Shooting and Scuba

5.0 out of 5 stars fair play, 16 Aug 2014
the first one of these I ordered turned out to be the wrong size (too small) and I was pretty annoyed as there had been no mention of any different versions or sizes in the description ,but to be honest, hardly anyone was aware of a size change on later models by the manufacturer, and after a few days the dealer i purchased it from (TAL shooting and scuba) had found out what was wrong and a replacement was sent out ASAP. excellent service, good quality product .

Neewer MB-D12 Replacement Vertical Battery Holder Grip for Nikon D800/D800E/D800S
Offered by Happy Sales UK

2.0 out of 5 stars think before you buy, 11 Mar 2014
I purchased this grip from amazon last year ,after reading several favourable reviews, and although it felt ok and looked almost identical to the original ,I was curious about the actual biuld and opened it up , the internals are extremely poorly designed ,from inferior soldering to plain bad design , the thumb wheel is actually quite a soft plastic ,that has been simply moulded around a small brass gear ,that driven by 2 small steel gears all mounted on a single sided thin steel plate with extremely poor quality rivets that each gear runs on . the whole assembly is very weak and any overtightening of the thumbwheel would almost certainly result in shredding the plastic around the gear ,leaving the grip trapped on the camera body . mine has been reassembled and put on the shelf ,not to be used until i get around to remaking the thumbwheel assembly using better quality parts . be warned . I have since bought a genuine one and the quality is superb , I should have given more thought before buying , why risk damaging a £2000+ camera just to save a few hundred on inferior accessories .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2014 4:19 PM GMT

TeckNet FM29A USB Flash Memory MP3 Modulator / Player,  Supports Micro-SD Card With Remote Control - Black
TeckNet FM29A USB Flash Memory MP3 Modulator / Player, Supports Micro-SD Card With Remote Control - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars good while it lasted (3 weeks), 10 Jan 2013
Item worked perfectly when first fitted ,its nice to have the convenience of having a few hundred of my favorite tracks randomly playing without having to reinsert a disk etc . a bit impractical on a small car ,as you cannot get down close enough to see the screen etc , a similar device with a nice long remote lead for the lighter socket would allow a passenger to browse and adjust the device while driving .
apart from that the item simply stopped working after 3 weeks , constant hissing and refusing to tune , would simply refuse to find any channel . so I cannot give good marks for that ,sorry .

Green and Black's Organic The Miniature Bar Collection 180 g (Pack of 2)
Green and Black's Organic The Miniature Bar Collection 180 g (Pack of 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars no mention of the cherry being absent ., 12 Dec 2012
A little dissappointed as there was no mention about there being substituted items in this package ,there was no cherry flavour (apparently down to a shortage of cherries) "poor harvest" so we have 4 dark chocolate(70%) OK if you like dark chocolate ,but it was my introduction to this flavour range and I wanted specifically to sample all the flavours .I most certainly would not have ordered them if i had known ,and wont order from this firm again .I feel that dealers should allways inform the shoppers of any discrepencies (changes) in products from thier original discription.
I am not able to give an honest oppinion of the contents quality or flavour as its been bought for the christmas period ,however at this stage I feel the failure if the seller to properly inform the buyers of the change in contents along with the dissapointment regarding the choice of replacement bar,s I feel I can give no more than 2 stars .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2012 12:38 AM GMT

Bosch TAS2002GB Tassimo T20 Hot Beverage Machine, Gloss Black
Bosch TAS2002GB Tassimo T20 Hot Beverage Machine, Gloss Black
Offered by Zob 'n' Saf

4.0 out of 5 stars PRICE GOING UP ?, 7 Dec 2012
while i am over the moon with my new tassimo , I find it incredible that the price currently here on Amazon is almost double of some high street stores , i just paid £49.99 for mine ,and there is apparently plenty of stock throughout the uk at at least 3 well known retailers ,and "YES" its the exact same model .
wonderful coffee maker but at what price for the gullible .

Patriot PEF32GSBUSB 32GB Supersonic Boost XT USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Patriot PEF32GSBUSB 32GB Supersonic Boost XT USB 3.0 Flash Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars good but far from the fastest ., 30 Nov 2012
I bought 2 of these for my partner recently , from a local shop (not Amazon) they delivered similar speed to others that have reviewed them and are reasonably well put together ,with no problems in use . personally I use Supertalent, usb pendrives, as speed is important to me , they are however relatively pricey , but I get 160+MB/s consistantly read speeds and writing at around 60 MB/s with the worse I have seen around 58 MB/s . much faster than most drives including the above one , though not the fastest either .

Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Offered by iAlpha Technologies

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 steps forward 2 steps back !!!, 7 Nov 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Halo 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game has some improvements , lush scenery good movement ,and an almost infinate array of controller options . and should be as breathtakingly immersive as its predesessors but it is not ,at least for me . the prometheans are so predictable ,and appear lifeless ,with but one aim in life ,(to kill anything that moves) the story is vague and i really dont like the confused cortana syndrome ,and the way the game tries to "stir" things up between the main charecters . some rediculous features like the giant armoured combat droid ,for want of a better discryption ,appears to be stolen from the "AVATAR" movie , and the constant reliance ,on performing the same monotonous tasks ,for example ,having to destroy 3 devices before progressing ,occurs with boring regularity ,and the plot seems to rely on performing fixed tasks, along with way too many "cut scenes" the whole thing was a turn off for me .
I have played Halo since it first came out ,and been faithfully following the plot with keen enthusiasm through all the versions .however this is the first ever Halo Game , where I stopped to make a cup of tea and could not be bothered to resume ,as it was "THAT" predictable and boring . just meaningless killing the same foe all of the time ,with little or no story to explain why is nonsence, I have given 3 stars for the few improvements and the visuals.
but docked 2 stars because if the predictable (repetative nature of the plot and the "enemy")
my favourite ever Halo was number 1 combat evolved ,I miss the quiet stealth that was required ,and way one had to think carefully how to achieve a kill without alerting others ,also I miss the way the grunts and elites would have comical conversations .
we have come a long way since then ,and ,dont get me wrong ,this game is still better than most of its competitors ,and I have no doubt appeal to the younger (gung ho) players , I just feel its 3 steps forward and two steps back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2012 8:21 AM GMT

SATlink WS-6906 3.5" DVB-S FTA Data Digital Satellite Signal Finder Meter
SATlink WS-6906 3.5" DVB-S FTA Data Digital Satellite Signal Finder Meter
Offered by Barsoom.eu

2.0 out of 5 stars shame, 2 Nov 2012
to be honest ,a fair bit of the blame regarding my displeasure is down to my own stupidity . I had planned to buy this product, but to date i have my own policy of not purchasing electronic goods from overseas .but I was in a rush and clicked on the cheapest seller without checking any other details, the had good ratings ,but I neglected to notice where they were based . however the goods arrived withing the stated period ,the packaging was blitzed ,the box, although sturdy was badly damaged and if it was not for a second layer the contents would have been unuseable too . now to the contents ,the main product had fingerprints on and when started up was found to have only chinese oriented sattalite data stored ,and is effectively useless for me unless updated to EU (and uk) status, but thats not so easy as the only means of updating is via ,a RS 232 interface , and PCs rarely use these any more , the accessories appeared to be simply bundled in too ,with no additional packaging ,apparently the goods are supposed to carry a guarantee ,but I could not find mention of one . and one of the accessory cables had been wrapped in masking tape that had left sticky residue all over it .
Ironically I could have bought one from the makers direct ,and had it delivered and working ,within days for a mere £4 more .
so I guess I have learned a valuble lesson here , partly because of my neglecting to check where i was buying from ,I now have a product ,of dubious origin ,that is useless without spending on additional cables/adapters to get it up and running, I do not even know if its guaranteed , I will have to take it on the chin, but I will not buy such goods from overseas again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2012 8:38 AM GMT

ARCTIC Freezer 13 - 200 Watt Multicompatible Low Noise CPU Cooler for AMD and Intel Sockets with pre-applied MX-4 High Performance Thermal Compound
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars the best if you have a budget ., 29 May 2012
I have just ordered another of these excelent coolers having fitted 8 so far to computers I biuld for friends and family . my last one was on a gigabyte board with a AMD FX 8150 (8 core) processor , it happily idles at around 28-32 deg ,and will rarely go above 55 ,though I dont do gaming , I do a lot of heavy duty video editing/processing.
from experience ,lay everything out to hand (be methodical) remove the fan assembly by gently easing the clips ,this will allow you to get your screwdriver down either side easily to tighten the screws , remove the included thermal compound (i prefere to use a citrus based cleaner.) clean after with a damp cloth to remove traces of cleaner ,and make sure its thoroughly dry , before applying new better compound ,(my favourite is artic cooling MX-4) I saw a series of tests with various pastes and this one came out best by a good 2 degrees across the board ,even beating its successor (MX-5)
I have been regularly biulding PCs since 2003 , and i dont hold with the (spread it even but thin notion), that so many appear to advocate , i prefere to put a small rounded dollop about the size of a pea , smack dead centre of the cpu , this works well as the paste tends to creep and stick to the edges as the cooler is tightened down , it does not conduct a charge so a little spillage will not hurt , and with the newer designed multicore processors the actual processors etc. are below the actual cover(die) that you see, so there is no fear if a little comes out of the sides ,it wont cause any problems as long as its not excesive enough to reach the motherboard.
finally ,I read some comments about the area of this cooler being too small .but modern chips are not like the old ones were the cooler fits directly onto the chip itself , for example ,a 4 core phenom has the cores in the central area of the outer die ,the newer designs used on multi core have a certain amount of in-built coolin as the cores are surrounded by a thermally efficient second layer , so the outer layer we see ,and have to apply the paste and cooler to ,is not the actual chip, thats why ,an eight core AMD FX processor ,will run conciderably cooler than an older single core ATHLON single chip.
I have bought 2 of these coolers from amazon ,and the other six elswhere, (before i was familiar with amazon )

Page: 1 | 2