Profile for Dan > Reviews

Yellowstone Portable Gas Stove - Black
Yellowstone Portable Gas Stove - Black
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little stove., 26 July 2014
Great little stove for camping. I probably wouldn't leave it in the case for backpacking, but nifty for storaing in your home.

Easy to use, really. Good construction build and material, and just gets the job done, really.

Duronic Hurricane 4 in 1 Rechargeable Wind-Up Dynamo Flashing Red LED, 10 LED Lantern & 3 LED Torch - USB Charging Function
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for camping., 26 July 2014
The lantern part is the only thing that appeals to me, as I just wanted the lantern, but other parts are also good as well.

The LED torch is okay, but I've had a better one for cheaper, again, does it's job. Lantern is brilliant, lights up a good area, nice and bright. USB charging function.... LOL, have fun trying to charge your phone for the next several years.

Also I may add, it's lightweight, good-ish construction, and compact. Great for camping.

Yellowstone Aluminium 1 Litre Kettle
Yellowstone Aluminium 1 Litre Kettle
Price: 5.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for camping., 26 July 2014
Good little kettle for camping. Doesn't take too much space, does it's job, and lightweight.

Milestone Camping Single Flocked Airbed - Blue
Milestone Camping Single Flocked Airbed - Blue
Offered by Topnotchsales
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for camping, 26 July 2014
Not really a fan of air beds, but this one is okay. I would highly recommend using an electric air pump rather than a foot pump, as it takes a while, and can be a little knackering.

Kinda comfortable, does the job, I suppose.

Milestone Camping Inflatable Travel Pillow - Blue
Milestone Camping Inflatable Travel Pillow - Blue
Price: 2.76

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for camping, I guess., 26 July 2014
Probably just me, but I find these pillows not comfy, but just strictly what they are meant for. I would rather bring my own pillow, but can't risk it since last time I went camping, woke up to a swimming pool.

Other than that, okay. Although I would go for a bed pillow.

Yellowstone 2 Piece Mess Tins - Silver
Yellowstone 2 Piece Mess Tins - Silver
Price: 6.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mess tins., 26 July 2014
Does exactly what they are meant for, good build quality, although I will say the edges are a bit rough, so take care when cleaning, or you'll cut yourself like I did.

Yellowstone 15 Litre Pack Away Water Carrier - Clear, 15 Litres
Yellowstone 15 Litre Pack Away Water Carrier - Clear, 15 Litres
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, I guess...., 26 July 2014
It is okay, although I would recommend going with a "hard" water carrier (e.g. jerry can style), as when it's filled, it sags to one side.

Good amount of space, that will save you trips to and from a tap. Speaking of which, the tap on this isn't exactly great, and because of the way it is (i.e. bag-like) it makes pouring a little awkward.

Other than those little bits, does what it's intended for, and for the price, can't complain.

Yellowstone Trail-Lite 300 Square Sleeping Bag
Yellowstone Trail-Lite 300 Square Sleeping Bag
Offered by Great Outdoors Superstore
Price: 25.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sleeping bag!, 26 July 2014
Really nice and comfy sleeping bag, that isn't too big or small, and I'm about 5ft 7ish (without shoes). Comes in a nice convenient carry bag as well. Although, I did purchase this from Tesco for 15, but thought I'd leave a review here, since I've recently bought a load of camping gear.

I would recommend this, for reasons above. Comfy, made out of good material, does a good job at keeping heat in, and looks cool.

Cooler Master HAF X USB 3.0 XL ATX Case
Cooler Master HAF X USB 3.0 XL ATX Case
Price: 124.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not changing cases for a long time., 1 Dec 2013
I cannot describe how awesome this case is. Compared to my last case the CiT Vantage, this is a major step up for my rig. I think after watching the video review that LinusTechTips did, it really convinced me to buy it.

The size is ridiculous, not in a bad way, but a good way. It'll easily fit all your components in, and with the cable management system (and a bit of time and patience), you'll easily be able to hide your wiring around the back, with barely any cable clutter in the front. Which brings me to another point, the rear side panel: what Cooler Master have done is left a small gap in the panel so there's an extra bit of gap to fit all the wires around the back, making sure that they aren't squashed.

The case comes with a front 230mm intake fan, the side a 200mm, rear exhaust 140mm, and a top 200mm fan, so you don't worry about buying extra fans. Although you may want to purchase another 200mm for the top.

I love the tooless mounting system on both the DVD/CD and hard drive cages. Installing a hard drive is optical drive is a breeze, and is effortless. Something I am confused about, is they include this 2.5" mounting bracket when the HDD mounts/brackets already have screw holes for a 2.5" drive. Kinda useless, but at least it's there.

A nice little feature which I don't really use due to insufficient cables, is the hot swap module. At the front there is room for 2 HDDs, which in theory totals the hard drive capacity up to 7. But since I don't use it, I tend to use them for storing small items, like a phone or wallet.

There are so many great features of this case, along with a great design and build. I just pointed out a few that I love. I highly recommend this case for an enthusiast. The ONLY downside is that it doesn't come with 2 top 200mm fans. But hey, you can buy them rather cheap.

All other than that, amazing case. 5/5.

CiT Vantage Type-R Gaming Case with HD Audio, 4 Fans, Card Reader and No PSU - Black
Offered by Computer Technology Stoke Limited & InternetCT
Price: 33.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best case, 11 Oct 2012
This case is alright, but its a bit cramped inside, not good for airflow. Took me about 20-30 minutes to fully install, had some issues with space and cable management, but got there in the end. I would avoid this case if you have a Corsair H60, as the pipes are in the way of the two fans on the side panel. I managed to route most cables at the back of the case, but some are still all over the place. If you have a 2.5 inch HDD or SSD, there's not much room to store it, except the red HDD cage which is removable (for long video cards). The contents of the case was alright, comes with a orange pouch for the screws, which is alright. Very poor written "manual" (not sure if you can even class it as one) just has 4 pictures and like two words on it. The best feature I like about this case is that it comes with two mounted 120mm's attached to a fan controller to turn them on or off.

Overall the case is alright, but not designed for a system like mine, again I would strongly avoid this case if you have a water cooler such as the H60. Not a bad case, but a few design flaws, other than that its not that bad.

Design: 4/10