ARRAY(0xa50b7c24)

Profile for Ms. Am Kennedy > Reviews

Content by Ms. Am Kennedy

Ms. Am Kennedy "Mands" (UK)

Agnes Grey (Wordsworth Classics)
Agnes Grey (Wordsworth Classics)
by Anne Brontė

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful., 22 Jan 2014
The best way to describe this book is simply beautiful; it's so real and unpretentious in its portrayal of the life Victorian governesses often endured...one of frustration, degradation and loneliness. It's very different to the content of her sisters' works but don't be put off by that; Agnes Grey definitely matches the incredible vividity of descriptive language found in Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights!!! If you're a fan of Victorian literature you'll love, love, love Agnes Grey!!!

LAVENDER - COMMON ENGLISH - 1000 SEEDS
LAVENDER - COMMON ENGLISH - 1000 SEEDS
Offered by Premier Seeds Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and good value, 26 Jun 2013
I put them in the fridge for a week, planted them, put them on the windowsill, one week later there up. Bought some more of their seeds from ebay for a postage discount.

SKY 5m Twin Satellite Cable Made and Sold By 4UTEC Extension Kit For Sky+ HD Fitting Instructions

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 16 July 2012
Received this cable today and got to work moving my TV and sky box straight away. I couldn't see the fitting instructions in the bag, but maybe they were on the disgarded packing invoice on the outside of the parcel. Take your time fitting as if like me the back of your TV looks like spaghetti junction, you may need a bit of time to work out what cable goes where and untangle everything. In no time at all I had moved TV, skybox and Dvd player to the other side of the room and tacked the cables down all neatly. The signal seems really good, maybe even better on the non HD channels.

Skills-based Learning for Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder: The New Maudsley Method
by Janet Treasure

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 7 Jun 2011
This book was recommended by one of the nurses at the eating disorders unit where my daughter is recovering. It's most helpful book I've read so far. Very much set out like a textbook with an index at the back so you can dip into the book at any particular point your having problems with. It gives loads of practical advise on mealtimes and the right things to say and encourage your young person. I like the jellyfish, kangaroo, ostrich, rhino, dolpin and st.bernard analogy, asking you which type of carer you think you are. I think I was the kangaroo, trying to protect my daughter in my pouch, but really should be trying to be like a dolphin, gently guiding her to safety. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but when you read it, it makes a lot of sense. I believe one of the authors, Janet Treasure, is a leading specialist in Anorexia, she really knows her stuff. If you are in the depths of caring for somebody with an eating disorder and feel like you're being totally consumed by it, then this is the first step on the road to understanding this cruel illness. I know my daughter is far from out of the woods yet, but I believe this book has given me a lot of confidence on how to cope when she comes home.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2012 8:48 PM BST

Academic Diary A4 WTV Burgundy 2010/2011
Academic Diary A4 WTV Burgundy 2010/2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Diary, 22 Oct 2010
Lovely large diary, I bought it because I didn't need a diary till recently, it seemed a waste to get one with half the year already gone, so an academic one ideal. I use it for a volunteer scheme and suits our needs very well, I can see what everyone is up to on one page.

Chaplin's Girl: The Life and Loves of Virginia Cherrill
Chaplin's Girl: The Life and Loves of Virginia Cherrill
by Miranda Seymour

1.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better written, 2 Jun 2009
I bought this book because I heard the author on Women hour, I thought it sounded like a good story and thought it would be my sort of book. Virginia Cherrill did indead lead a very interesting life, from being Mrs Cary Grant, to being the the countess of Jersey. However, I found the way it was written so bland and unexciting, that I've given up 2/3 of the way through.

I believe that it's been well researched, but it's just not a page turner.

Heavier Than Heaven: The Biography of Kurt Cobain (Scepte 21's)
Heavier Than Heaven: The Biography of Kurt Cobain (Scepte 21's)
by Charles R. Cross

5.0 out of 5 stars Best biography I've read in ages., 27 May 2009
Just finished reading Heavier than Heaven. I found it really hard to put down. It gave me an understanding what drove Kurt to the things he did. Some of the book you will not like Kurt at all, he seemed lazy and dirty. Other times you will want to cry because of the sadness he felt.

I think even if you were not much of a Nirvana fan, you will find this a well written and interesting book.

Davina - The Box Set : The Power Of 3 / My Three 30 Minute Workouts [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work out from Davina, 1 Oct 2007
Trying to shift a bit of weight and found "The Power of 3" DVD excellent. I'm not the fittest of people and it takes a lot to get me out of the armchair, but I found this DVD great fun to do. It's great because one of Davina's personal trainers does the low impact version for you to follow if you're not feeling as fit as Davina. You don't have to do all the sections at once which is great if your pushed for time. I've only done one of the 3 30 minute workouts so far, I found the pump a bit hard perhaps work up to this one, but it is great fun and relatively quick to do. Would recommend for those trying to get fit and burn a bit of fat.

Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Very grown up Foo Music., 1 Oct 2007
I quite a novice when it comes to the Foo's, only really got into them in the past year. I found this album very different to anything they've done before, listening to it the first time you don't appreciate the subtle lyrics and music. On the second play, I nearly cried when I really listened to the words of "Let it die" and "come alive". By the time you get to "Home" there won't be a dry eye in the house. I read an interview by Dave Grohl in which he said that he probably would never play "Home" live as it would just upset him to much. Lovely bit of piano by Mr Grohl in "Summers End", "Statues" and "Home". Would recommend to any new comer to Foo Fighters, I've now ordered all the Foo's albums that I haven't got from Amazon, and look forward to working my way backwards.

Great Expectations (1998) (Ws) [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Great Expectations (1998) (Ws) [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Ethan Hawke

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant reworking of this classic tale., 1 Oct 2007
I didn't really expect much from this remake, but was pleasantly suprised.
Knowing the story quite well, I knew all the different story lines that would crop up, but I found the story cleverly remade for a modern audience. Robert De Niro as the convict was an excellent bit of casting, shame we couldn't have seen more of him. Anne Bancroft as the Miss Haversham character was just right, she didn't ham it up as so many would have done. Don't expect the film to follow the book through every story line, book to film adaptations rarely manage this anyway. In all I thought this film did capture the essence of the original story. Would recommend for nice rainy afternoon, not with the kids though as I nearly did, it is a 15 and does contain some mild sex/nudity scenes and a bit of swearing. Gran may not like it but I'm sure Auntie would.