Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Bradford)

Samson SABT30 30-Pin Bluetooth Receiver
Samson SABT30 30-Pin Bluetooth Receiver

5.0 out of 5 stars Samson Bluetooth Receiver, works even with a Samsung 4, 2 Dec. 2014
Delivered on time. No signature required, dropped through the letterbox.
Had difficulty with my Samson Receiver and the Bluetooth link to my Samsung S4 phone. Downloaded the free app from playbook, "Bluetooth Auto Connect" to compensate for Samsung's software. In the phone's Bluetooth settings I increased invisibility timeout. Still had problems of it dropping the link. Went to settings on the phone and unpaired. I then paired it again. Presumably this had an effect because I originally paired it before installing Bluetooth Autoconnect. It now works. Nice piece of kit. I have lots of Samson stuff, well made and good quality sound. Love it.

Samson XP308i Expedition Portable PA
Samson XP308i Expedition Portable PA
Offered by RST Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Samson Amplifier and Speaker System, 7 Nov. 2013
I love this. The mixer desk fits in one speaker and the wires in the other. The wires could do with a bit more storage space, but it is OK. The two speakers slot together when you are carrying them, making them very portable and the arrangement protects the speakers when in transit. The slot for the iPod is very useful. I added the Samson bluetooth receiver, purchased separatelySamson SABT30 30-Pin Bluetooth Receiver. Had difficulty with the Bluetooth and my Samsung S4. Downloaded the free app from playbook, "Bluetooth Auto Connect" to compensate for Samsung software. In the phone's bluetooth settings I increased invisibility timeout. It works and adds flexibility to the Expedition amplifiers.

I also bought the Samson XP510i Portable PA System. I can now choose which system is best suited for the venue. If I need more power, it is easy to link the XP308i and the XP510i together using the monitor facility. This gives me a spread of four speakers with plenty of power. The storage space for the wires in the XP510i is better, but then, it is a bigger system and so there is more room available.

The speakers also slot together in the XP510i, but not as successfully as they do with the smaller XP308i because of the weight. I tend to carry them separately.

Having said that, overall, I think both systems are great and couldn't live without them. If I ever lost them, I would replace them without hesitation. The sound quality is excellent.

Just a tip. The coloured caps on the buttons can drop off. I have glued mine on to avoid losing them.

Yousave Accessories 2 x Samsung Galaxy S3 Black Touch Screen Stylus Pen - Twin Accessory Pack
Offered by Yousave Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Touch Screen Stylus - Twin Pack, 7 Nov. 2013
Brilliant. It makes using the touch screen on my Galaxy S4 so much easier. Also works on my Sat-Nav. At 11cm it is smaller than a pen but just the right size for use on a touch screen. A good price.

Kitchen Craft Metal Non-Stick Poacher Cup
Kitchen Craft Metal Non-Stick Poacher Cup
Offered by millstones

4.0 out of 5 stars Metal non-stick poacher cub, 7 Nov. 2013
Our poacher had plastic cups and they melted. These replacements fitted perfectly. I turn the handles inwards to ensure the pan lid fits properly. Not so sure about the non-stick. I now put a bit of olive oil on some kitchen roll and give them a quick wipe before putting the eggs in, that makes it non-stick. But then, I do that on foil in the oven as well. Saves a lot of hassle. Very pleased with the product. Happy with the price.

Jisoncase 100% Handmade Genuine Leather Folio Case for Galaxy S4 Smart Cover Function+Folio Designer Phone Holder/Holster/Defender Natural Cow Leather for Samsung GALAXY S4 JS-SM4-02C10 (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jisoncase for Galaxy S4, 7 Nov. 2013
It is an attractive case with protective corners. Feels good. Folds back on itself allowing me to stand the phone up on its side, great for watching BBC iPlayer. Wakes the phone up when opened, puts it to sleep when closed. All the slots are in the right places. It doesn't have a fastening, but the flap stays in place anyway. Not having a fastening makes it easier to use. When I answer the phone, I flip the cover back over the screen so the case is pressed against my ear, not the screen. Bit pricey, but it is a nice leather case, you get what you pay for. I made the right choice.

Logitech R400 Wireless Presenter
Logitech R400 Wireless Presenter
Offered by bossteng

2.0 out of 5 stars R400 presenter Bad design, 9 Mar. 2010
It sits nicely in the hand and the left and right control buttons are easy to use. However, directly underneath these buttons, and with no plastic separating them, lie two other buttons.

These lower buttons are easily accidently pressed, especially if you pass the presenter to someone else to use for you.

One of these buttons blacks out the screen. The other takes you out of the PowerPoint slide show and shows everyone the workings of PointPoint. This is embarrassing. My old Logitech 2.4 was laid out better, unfortunately it didn't like having orange juice being spilled on it which is why I needed a new presenter. Sadly, I bought the R400 which is poorly designed. It is pretty but you are always worried that you will accidently drop it out of slide show mode.

Note to Logitech. There should be no buttons below the left and right control buttons. Other buttons should be higher up. Ergonomics has replaced usability.