Profile for khinch > Reviews

khinch

Philex SLx - 27867R Digital TV Signal Strength Meter
Philex SLx - 27867R Digital TV Signal Strength Meter
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars I also use it every time I move or add an aerial socket to make sure all the connections are good., 10 July 2014
This works as you'd expect and comes with everything you need. Took barely 5 mins to get this plugged in and adjust my new aerial. I also use it every time I move or add an aerial socket to make sure all the connections are good.

GENUINE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 CHARGER UK FITS GALAXY NOTE 2 N7100 MICRO USB CABLE
GENUINE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 CHARGER UK FITS GALAXY NOTE 2 N7100 MICRO USB CABLE
Offered by PeakPit

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What You'd Expect, 10 July 2014
Works as described. No complaints and it charges my S4.

LEPAI LP2020A+ mini Digital T-Amp - Hi-Fi Stereo Amplifier TA2020, Tripath IC for Home, Boat or Car

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Little Amp for the Price, 10 July 2014
The sound is quite good and it does what you'd expect. It's more "plasticy" than it looks though. When you turn the volume & tone dials it doesn't feel as good quality as it looks. Also, the power lead is a little short - around 50cm - which made it difficult to place without having an unsightly power strip right beside it.

Can't complain at that price though.

Black Sports Armbands Running Bike Cycling Gym Jogging Ridding Arm Band Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII S4 Ace2 iPhone 3G 3GS 4 4S 5, HTC One Blackberry And For Various Mobile Phones - Tie Phone With Your Arm (BLACK)
Offered by Crazyprofit

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Small for Samsung Galaxy S4, 10 July 2014
This product claims to fit Galaxy S4s but it's too small.

I managed to force the phone into it but the rubber started to rip slightly and the headphone hole doesn't match up properly for the plug. Because the phone is too big it forces the cover out of shape leaving a gap between the screen and the cover, making it difficult to control the phone. It also seems to put pressure on the power button, so if you're not extra careful while trying to fit it onto your arm it switches the whole phone off.

I would normally give this one star but I added an extra one for the yale key holder which is a nice touch, and it probably works fine for the smaller phones listed in the description.

If I had paid more for this I would send it straight back, but for the sake of £3 I can't be bothered and will probably just give it to anyone at work that wants it. Either that or it's going in the bin.

Panasonic RP-WF950EB-S Wireless Headphones with Surround Sound- Silver
Panasonic RP-WF950EB-S Wireless Headphones with Surround Sound- Silver
Offered by Thinkprice

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfy but lots of interference. Poor value., 4 April 2014
I chose these headphones over some big name rivals due to how they appeared on paper, but have been somewhat disappointed.

Interference: These headphones seem to suffer from interference. I have tried all channels and retuning, but still not happy with the result. First is the constant hiss, which is noticeably present even when the headphone volume is down low with the source at maximum. Second is the intermittent buzzing which reminds me of my old analogue cordless phone - as I turn my head there is a buzzing that comes and goes, and is consistent with where the headphones are pointing. Third are the random pops and crackles that just seem to come from nowhere with no consistency.

Sound: The sound output quality is pretty good overall, no complaints here. However, I chose over-the-ear type because I wanted insulation from my surroundings. I like to be able to shut out the world around me and to be able to listen to music without broadcasting my playlist to all those around me. Unfortunately these headphones have quite poor insulation. I can clearly hear everything around me and even a moderate volume of music seems to be audible to those close by.

Comfort: Good. I can wear these all day without them feeling uncomfortable. They are light, unobtrusive and never feel unstable. There's no manual adjustment, the auto-adjusting spring loaded band does a good job.

Power: There's a loud pop when they go to sleep if there's no input for a few minutes, which is most annoying. They run off two rechargeable AAA batteries which are easy to change, and also accept non-rechargeables which could be useful sometimes (although remember not to place them on the charging dock).

For this price there are much better products on the market.

BGT3600 Dual PCI-e DVB-T2 + Dual DVB-S2
BGT3600 Dual PCI-e DVB-T2 + Dual DVB-S2

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly supported product from a terrible company, 18 Nov 2012
I bought this card a few months ago for use in a media centre backend running Linux, mainly because the BlackGold website claims to support Linux and supplies the drivers. The card functions under Windows7 with the supplied drivers, but that's no use to me since I bought it specifically for a Linux system.

Despite months of effort, eight years Linux experience and two emails to BlackGold support I can't get this card to work properly. The documentation supplied with the drivers is poorly written, outdated and in some places inaccurate. I have not received any kind of response to my emails to BlackGold support either.

I will never buy another BlackGold product and would urge other potential customers to stay away, if for no other reason than their abysmal support if/when things go wrong.

Samsung BD-E5500 3D Blu-ray Player with Smart Hub (Old model)
Samsung BD-E5500 3D Blu-ray Player with Smart Hub (Old model)
Offered by TODO! TODO!

1.0 out of 5 stars Buggy and slow - avoid, 22 Oct 2012
I was looking for a Bluray player that would also show iPlayer, Netflix and LoveFilm. This product does all of these things and seemed very good at first. Despite a laggy interface in the Samsung SmartApp section it seemed excellent value for money.

After around 2 months the picture began to intermittently cut out every hour or so. It would usually come back after a few seconds, but sometimes with a purple hue. I contacted Amazon support to request a replacement unit and they were very helpful.

When the replacement arrived it was worse than the original! The picture had cut out multiple times before I could even configure the network, and on it's 4th or 5th time it didn't come back until I rebooted the unit. I tested both of these devices on two TVs which both have other HDMI devices connected, and the fault always remains with this product.

This is a disappointing product from Samsung and one to avoid.