Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
When People Are Big and God Is Small, Overcoming Peer Pressure, Codependency, and the Fear of Man (Resources for Changing Lives)
by Edward T. Welch

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 17 Mar. 2015
I love this book! It is absolutely brilliant! Dr Welch has exceptional insight into the human soul. I think only David Powlison can stand to him. This book is about the fear of man and the way to conquer it. One of his great quotes is the following: “Fear of man is such a part of our human fabric that we should check for pulse if someone denies it.”
In order to fear God, not man, here are the steps he sets forth in his book:
Step 1: Recognize that the fear of man is a major theme both in the Bible and in your own life.
Step 2: Identify where your fear of man has been intensified by people in your past.
Step 3: Identify where your fear of man has been intensified by the assumptions of the world.
Step 4: Understand and grow in the fear of the Lord. The person who fears God will fear nothing else.
Step 5: Examine where your desires have been too big. When we fear people, people are big, our desires are even bigger, and God is small.
Step 6: Rejoice that God has covered your shame, protected you from danger, and accepted you. He has filled you with love.
Step 7: Need other people less, love other people more. Out of obedience to Christ, and as a response to his love toward you, pursue others in love.

Seeing With New Eyes: Counseling and the Human Condition Through the Lens of Scripture (Resources for Changing Lives)
by David Powlison

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 17 Mar. 2015
I love this book! Powlison's insight into the human soul is absolutely exceptional. Read it and It will transform both your faith and your Christian life!
Through Bible exposition, topical essay, editorial and sermon, the book explores two main topics:
1.Scripture: In his Word, God speaks into real life to help us understand him and his intentions. How do we embrace Scripture to hear him at that level?
2.People: How can this deeper understanding of Scripture help us understand - and help - people (including ourselves) amid the problems of daily life?
Seeing with New Eyes shows us how to look at many common struggles through the lens of Scripture, including:
Worry
Victimization
"Love languages"
The new biomedical approach to personal struggles

Psalms
Psalms

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Psalms (MP3 Download)
Sovereign Grace Music is my favorite band and I listen to it whenever I can. It has excellent gospel centered lyrics, Christ exalting and great music too. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices (Puritan Paperbacks)
Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices (Puritan Paperbacks)
by Thomas Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!!!, 10 Mar. 2015
According to Tim Keller, this is his best old book on sanctification. I read it twice, first quickly, and the second one slowly to take all in. After I read it first time I thought it was OK, but when I read it second time and started seriously considering what was written in it, I realized how true it was. It is really a great book, full of excellent lessons. Just don't read it too quickly, go slowly, and meditate on what you read and you would benefit greatly from this book. I highly recommend it!

The Mortification of Sin: Dealing with sin in your life
The Mortification of Sin: Dealing with sin in your life
by John Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 10 Mar. 2015
Great book on Rom 8:13 and how to mortify/ put to death sin. Its not for one reading only, but for regular re reading, there so much stuff packed in it. I already read it twice and planning to read it again, it is so good and full of truth!

The Cost of Commitment (IVP Classics)
The Cost of Commitment (IVP Classics)
by Don Everts

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book about following Jesus!, 10 Mar. 2015
I found this book, like other books by Dr John White full of wisdom and important lessons. It was slightly to short for me though.

Shame Interrupted: How God Lifts the Pain of Worthlessness and Rejection
Shame Interrupted: How God Lifts the Pain of Worthlessness and Rejection

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!!!, 10 Mar. 2015
This is an excellent book on shame, its roots, ways it is manifested in life and how it can be healed. I never expected that I would be able to learn from it so much! Like most people I thought that the subject of shame was far away from me and wasn't relevant to me whatsoever. Oh, how wrong I was. Shame is in all of us but we usually don't realize it. Ed Welch is a Christian counselor. He is not only very wise, but also loving in his writing. I learned many crucial lessons from this book. Thank you Dr Welch! This is one of the most helpful books I have ever read! I highly recommend it to everyone!!!

Django Unchained
Django Unchained
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 22 Feb. 2015
Very poor movie. Badly written. Very predictable.

The Man in the High Castle
The Man in the High Castle
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 23 Jan. 2015
Very intriguing and interesting start. I hope more episodes are to come out soon.

The Gift of Prophecy in the New Testament and Today (Revised Edition)
The Gift of Prophecy in the New Testament and Today (Revised Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 3 Jan. 2015
Excellent and very thorough book on the gift of prophecy. It treats this subject in a very scholarly way which is very good. This book clarifies issues, and answers many questions which needed to be answered. I highly recommend this book to everyone who wants to obey the Word of God 1 Cor 14:1.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14