Profile for Bookman > Reviews

What's Your Worldview?: An Interactive Approach to Life's Big Questions
What's Your Worldview?: An Interactive Approach to Life's Big Questions
Price: 3.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 23 Jun 2014
This books is a journey through different world views. It's very different to any other book I read so far but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It also stirred me to think and helped me to understand world views that are prevalent in today's society.

Exploring Grace Together: 40 Devotionals for the Family
Exploring Grace Together: 40 Devotionals for the Family
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 23 Jun 2014
Excellent devotional for the whole family. My kids enjoyed it greatly and so did I! I would recommend it to any parent wanting to each their kids about God's grace!

Magnificent Obsession
Magnificent Obsession
by David Robertson
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply magnificent!, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Magnificent Obsession (Paperback)
Very good explaining basics of Christianity and answering some of the difficult questions. I found it very helpful! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to find our more about Jesus, who he is, what he accomplished and why he is the Magnificent Obsession to so many people :)

The Dawkins Letters: Revised Edition
The Dawkins Letters: Revised Edition
by David Robertson
Price: 5.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 23 Jun 2014
What a great wee book! It is simply outstanding! It is a must read for anyone who read Dawkins book 'The God Delusion'. Reading Dawkins was to me like reading Hitler or Stalin, as they basically speak in the same language, use similar arguments and are filled with lies, hatred, deceit and intentions of destroying religion. Apart from Germany under Hitler and Russia under Stalin the only countries led by atheists were China during Mao's reign and Cambodia under Pol Pot. How many millions of people who oppose the atheistic despots were killed? Millions in every single one of them. Today we can see what atheistic country looks like in N Korea, so why Dawkins wants us to get rid of religion and have an atheistic country like one of the countries above,
Reading Robertson's book helped me to understand the reasons why Dawkins wants to do that, why he spreads his hatred all around and where this will lead us as the society. The arguments of Robertson in this book are clear to the point and logical and convincing. I enjoyed how he unveiled Dawkins slow process of deceiving people and putting in practice the rule of Goebbels that if you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it... It fear that society to which Dawkins leads us would be far much worse then Germany under Hitler. In the same way as Hitler saw Jews as a virus and exterminated 6 millions of them, so is now Dawkins saying that all religions (Jews, Christians and Muslims) are a virus and there is a need to get rid of them.

ESV Pocket NT with Psalms and Proverbs TruTone Coffee
ESV Pocket NT with Psalms and Proverbs TruTone Coffee
by Crossway Books
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: 10.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee New Testament!, 23 Jun 2014
Easy to read and very handy New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs. It can be kept in a pocket and read out and about. I often use the Bible application on my smart phone but still prefer to read a hard copy.

How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk
How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk
by Adele Faber

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 26 May 2014
Excellent book on parenting. I read a number of books on parenting and I learnt something from all of them, but this book is simply the best!

You can pray
You can pray
by Tim Chester
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: You can pray (Paperback)
After reading many books on prayer I rate it definitely the best one! It is excellent and it says everything that it really crucial about praying! It is a must read for anyone who wants to learn how to pray or develop prayer life!

Speaking of Jesus: The Art of Not-Evangelism
Speaking of Jesus: The Art of Not-Evangelism
Price: 4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus is great!, 30 Mar 2014
I have just finished reading this book, and it's like no other book on Jesus I have ever read! Maybe I don't agree with everything written in it, but I found it helpful more than any other book before. God used it to open my eyes to some crucial issues. I warmly recommend it to everyone who really wants to be a follower of Jesus!

Everyday Prayers
Everyday Prayers
by Scotty Smith
Price: 6.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Everyday Prayers (Paperback)
Both me and my wife started using this book in our daily devotions. It is really a blessing for us. We got two copies - on kindle and in paper. Unfortunately the one on kindle keeps on crushing.

Parenting with Love and Logic
Parenting with Love and Logic
by Foster W. Cline
Price: 19.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book on parenting, 30 Mar 2014
I read so many books on children. A lot of them have good things in them, and a lot of them didn't work with my child. This one both me and my wife found most helpful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10