Profile for J. B. Arran > Reviews

Content by J. B. Arran

J. B. Arran "john guitar" (UK)

Schumann: Complete Works for Piano Trio
Schumann: Complete Works for Piano Trio
Price: 10.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving performances, 28 April 2013
These are lovely performances, beautifully shaped melodic lines but balance by fresh rhythmic movement. These are performances to be enjoyed over and over again.

Rhapsody in Blue
Rhapsody in Blue
Price: 12.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and Exciting, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Rhapsody in Blue (Audio CD)
This is a tremendous cd. A well known programme with some little known interludes. The freshness and excitement of this playing is something to be cherished.

Benjamin Grosvenor plays Chopin, Liszt & Ravel
Benjamin Grosvenor plays Chopin, Liszt & Ravel
Price: 13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Benjamin Grosvenor, one of my favourite cds., 18 Jan 2013
The Ravel sends shivers down my spine. The Chopin has the most beautiful lucid lines and the Liszt is a dream. I play this cd over and over it is so lovely

Haydn: London Symphonies, Vol.2
Haydn: London Symphonies, Vol.2
Price: 7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 23 Aug 2010
At last I've bought this set of these wonderful pieces in Cd format. I bought the Lps when they first appeared and loved them. I decided that when I came to buy these Symphonies on Cd I would look for an alternative version. Well I've tried for several years, listening to new versions as they appeared, all having somthing to offer, most splendidly recorded and guess what? I've bought the Colin Davis recordings again. Why? Simple, these recordings give me the character of the music whilst retaining the structure of the writing. Davis has a way of handing you the piece on a plate, so, if you want to hear what Haydn has to say this is the set for you. Other conductors will give a different view but Davis is the most wonderful starting point to create a lifetime of joy from these symphonies.