Profile for Derrick Neve > Reviews

Content by Derrick Neve

Derrick Neve (Central France)

KJV Pocket New Testament and Psalms Red Letter Black calfskin NTPR417: Authorized King James Version with Psalms (Bible Akjv)
by New Testament
Edition: Leather Bound

5.0 out of 5 stars This little Bible is perfect!, 9 Mar. 2005
What I wanted was a small, shirt-pocket sized New Testament and Psalms that was well-made and that would last. This is the one! I ended up buying three copies to put in each of our cars here so that when you're caught in a traffic jam or waiting for someone for half an hour in the car you have a Bible with you to "redeem the time."
This is a very smart, leather-bound edition with the Psalms located at the back, a page-marker ribbon and a stiff sleeve to keep it in. It's just the one we wanted and we use them a lot.

Handel: Messiah (Foundling Hospital Version 1754)
Handel: Messiah (Foundling Hospital Version 1754)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one!, 24 Nov. 2004
If you want a copy of the Messiah but are daunted by the choice, this is the one you want.
This is performed on "original instruments" and therefore is as pure as it's going to get. But whether you're a purist or just a happy appreciator (like me), this is the most wonderful, most glorious rendering of this piece of music!
The day we got these two CDs we dedicated the day to listening to it as a family with pauses after each of the three sections. I typed up copies of the words for everyone, we turned the speakers up and it was almost like being there in concert. Everyone now has a great appreciation for both the music and the words.
Just glorious music!

by John Michell

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your time, 8 Nov. 2004
Sorry, but unless you are really into esoteric numerology you are going to be disappointed.
I am honestly sorry I bought this; it is not at all my kind of book, but then, sometimes one DOES judge a book by its cover.
If you really want to buy this book, or even if you think you may as well, buy it from me cheap; I'm going right now to sell this through Amazon in an effort to recuperate a few dollars of what I spent.

KJV Emerald Text Edition Black French Morocco Leather: KJV Standard Text Edition 43 (Bible Akjv)
by Cambridge University Press
Edition: Leather Bound

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a wonderful Bible, 8 Nov. 2004
We've bought half a dozen of these Bibles already for everyone in the family. They are perfect "reading" Bibles (as opposed to a study Bible). There are no notes, no maps, and no marginal notes. All you have is the word of God but the wonderful smell and feel of the black supple leather makes everything a joy.
This is the way a Bible should be published. Thank you, Cambridge!

by John Michell

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry - Not worth the money nor the time to read, 8 Nov. 2004
I don't like giving negative review but sometimes you have to. I bought this book here and regret it. (I am about to put it up for sale in the "used" book section, if you really want it).
Unless you are into esoteric numerology you won't like this book -- it was not at all what I imagined it to be.
I would suggest you don't waste your time or money on little books like this (72 pages including bibliography and index!). John Michell's "Revelation" made me yawn, then kick myself for having been so stupid for buying it.

Secrets of Golgotha: The Lost History of Jesus' Crucifixion
Secrets of Golgotha: The Lost History of Jesus' Crucifixion
by Ernest L. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive recounting of the death of Jesus, 28 Jun. 2004
I have never been too interested in Holy Land archeology or trying to identify places and times and people involved but this book has completely changed my perspective. After a marathon reading session (I couldn't put it down!) I found myself poring over old and new maps of Jerusalem trying to picture the facts as Dr Martin presents them.
His conclusions (and there are more than one!) are startling and fascinating at the same time. He proves in the most scholarly fashion the location of Jesus death and resurrection beyond any shadow of a doubt and draws wide-ranging and even cosmic conclusions and reasons of why this had to be.
People of all faiths -- even Jews, Muslims and non-believers -- will find this book fascinating and compelling. He has done extensive research which substantiates every point he makes.
This book is well worth every penny and will give you much to think about in connection with this most important event.

The Abolition of Britain
The Abolition of Britain
by Peter Hitchens

5.0 out of 5 stars A "MUST-READ" for every Englishman!, 7 July 2000
I could not put this book down once I started it and ended up buying several as gifts. It accurately describes the complete revolution brought about in England within the last 30 years and makes every that is now happening make sense. Get it.