Profile for Adrian Fisher > Reviews

Content by Adrian Fisher

Adrian Fisher (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Iron Alchemy of the Gods: Feed Your Body With the Strength and Wisdom of Valhalla

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, terrible execution., 26 July 2015
It's not possible to give an accurate review of the actual contents of this book because much of it is blacked out. I don't know about the quality of the text because I got a refund from Amazon as soon as I could because as it stands, this book is a complete waste of money. Great idea but terrible execution.

Best Of The Best Collection [DVD]
Best Of The Best Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Earl Jones
Offered by DVD SOLUTIONS - FAST WORLDWIDE DELIVERY

2.0 out of 5 stars Attrociuous quality recorsings, very wobbly in places., 8 Jun. 2015
I remember enjoying the first two when they first came out but didn't see the later two until I bought this DVD set. I must say I'm not impressed at all. The quality of the recordings are shockingly bad and as such spoils the experience. I recommend these films, or the first two at least but not this set because of the quality issues.

In Harm's Way: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse
In Harm's Way: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read, 20 April 2015
A great read, and highly recommended. On to the next one. My only problems with these books are that as a non-military man some of the terms are unfamiliar to me but I enjoyed looking up the various guns listed.

Call of Duty®: Heroes
Call of Duty®: Heroes

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 24 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty®: Heroes (App)
I'm not much of a gamer but still find this game enjoyable.

rooCASE Kindle Fire HDX 7" Origami SlimShell Case Cover - Black
rooCASE Kindle Fire HDX 7" Origami SlimShell Case Cover - Black
Offered by PCMICROSTORE

3.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job but is upside down., 3 Nov. 2014
The case is okay and does its job but is upside down so makes things that can only be done the right way more awkward than they should be. This was possibly done so the front-facing camera would be on the outside of the device.

How to Start a Hobby in Astral Projection
How to Start a Hobby in Astral Projection

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless., 19 Sept. 2014
To say this e-book is bad is an understatement. It's absolutely worthless. Less than a third of the way through it says it's finished and then spends the rest of the book giving a list of the other titles by the same company. Maybe my expectations were a little high but I thought a book on how to start astral projection as a hobby would have shown a least one way of how to do it but no, it's many sections are just pointers to places that do teach how to do it. A brief overview of the book is that it doesn't cost any money to do and isn't controlled by any governmental bodies. Take a look at the Monroe Institute for more information or one of the more worthwhile books on the subject available from Amazon.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Inside of box states is a known poison..., 6 Mar. 2014
Not sure if I'll use this product but the inside of the box contains some interesting warnings...

Indications: Aids in the prevention of dental decay
Directions: Children of 6 years and younger: Use a pea sized amount for supervised brushing to minimize swallowing. In case of intake of fluoride from other sources, consult a dentist or doctor.
Warning: As with all fluoride toothpastes, keep out of reach of children under the age of 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Centre immediately. Regulations on administering fluoride products may differ from country to country.

I've no idea of what the performance is like though but other reviewers rate it highly. I did not write this to besmirch the either the seller or manufacturer of this product but to highlight what they themselves warn about...

Enjoy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2015 1:52 AM GMT

Uthark.
Uthark.
by Thomas Karlsson

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine if you're fluent in German..., 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Uthark. (Hardcover)
I ordered this from my Kindle Fire so didn't know it's in German. Cannot vouch for the contents because I don't speak it. I kept it though because I plan on learning it. Why is the German language version on sale in Amazon.co.uk but the English language version is not? Bizarre.

Perixx PX-1100, Backlit Gaming Keyboard - USB - Red/Blue/Purple Illuminated Keys - Full Size Layout - Elegant Rubber Black Design - 20 Million Key-press Lifecycle - Brightness Control Wheel - 1.8 m Cable - Adjustable Palm rest - UK Layout
Offered by Perixx UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, within limits, 22 Feb. 2014
As I do a lot of work and study at my computer I wanted a keyboard I could use in low light conditions instead of having to turn the light on. To this end, I bought this keyboard after having put it off for a while because of looking for a unit that confirmed it had full sized keys. This keyboard stood out to me because it has a range of colours available from the same unit that can be selected at the press of a button (same button that scrolls through available colours). The problem I have with it is that it doesn't play well with Linux because pressing the button to cycle through available colours causes the system to either block or allow a given action to be carried out on any of the four colour settings (including none). When this happens, the only way to resolve it is to reboot the computer. I don't know if this is because it's a faulty unit or that Perixx in their infinite wisdom only decided to check compatibility with M$ Windows so those with one of the the various versions of Windows may not have the same problem. That being said, if the desired colour is chosen prior to rebooting the device and not changed once booted, there should be no problems. I will try plugging it in through a PS2 converter next to see if the problem remains.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2014 3:35 PM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars I can see how it works, 11 Feb. 2014
Purchased product was unsuitable for me but cannot fault the sellers, who dealt with the issue quickly and courteously. Would use again and would recommend to others.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3