Profile for sally > Reviews

Content by sally

sally

Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship
by Sherry Argov

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic..., 9 Nov. 2012
Brilliant, insightful and very witty. Incredibly true too. A must- have read for any woman. Men would learn a thing or two too!

Just After Sunset
Just After Sunset
by Stephen King

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, 24 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Just After Sunset (Paperback)
I didn't think much of Mr Kings collection of short stories. They take a while to get going, in fact, I found trying to get through a story a little like wading through treacle. Also very Americanised.

Ultimate Dirty Dancing
Ultimate Dirty Dancing
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy!, 24 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Ultimate Dirty Dancing (Audio CD)
I'm so glad I bourght this, it's an ultimate classic. One of the best albums I have bourght in recent years. If you love this film, as I do, and love the soundtrack, as I do, then you must buy this C.D!

The Bed I Made
The Bed I Made
by Lucie Whitehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 27 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Bed I Made (Paperback)
I was pleasantly surprised at how good this book was. It's a real page-turner with a well-turned out ending. The author has a knack with words and her writing skills are excellent- very descriptive. I definitely recommend this book if you enjoy a good thriller.

Dirty Dancing(20th Anniversary Two-Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD] (1987)
Dirty Dancing(20th Anniversary Two-Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD] (1987)
Dvd ~ Patrick Swayze
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, 16 Aug. 2010
Absolute classic! I loved watching this film again, it took me right back to the late eighties, what a nostalgic era. This film will always be in my top 5 fave films list. The second disc is also great with lots of cuts and extras that you will have probably never seen before. This purchase was well worth it.

The Time of My Life
The Time of My Life
by Patrick Swayze

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Paperback)
Absolutely loved this book, it gives you a real insight into the man himself. I would urge people to read this book, not just for die-hard fans.

Martinis and Mayhem (Murder, she wrote)
Martinis and Mayhem (Murder, she wrote)
by Donald Bain
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok read, 9 July 2010
I was expecting this novel to read better than it did, the twist at the end was disappointing, however, I loved the way the scene was set in San Francisco, it was depicted beautifully. I shall be sticking to Agatha Christie in future for a more gripping whodunnit!

True Life in God: Conversations with Jesus Volume 1 notebooks 1 -12: Conversations with Jesus v. 1
by Vassula Ryden

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time!, 9 July 2010
Please do not waste your time with this book. Read 'Conversations With God' for a better insight into the realms of the spiritual.