Profile for Louise > Reviews

Content by Louise

Louise (East Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SAVFY Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition PU Leather Smart Book Cover Case Hard Shell Stand with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake up Function for Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2nd Gen 2014 Edition Tablet SM-P600/P601/P605, +SAVFY Stylus Pen + SAVFY Screen Protector Film
Offered by GMEX Trading
Price: 32.99

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, avoid at all costs., 18 Jan 2014
I purchased this item as it closely resembled the genuine Samsung case and the reviews seemed very positive. The product I received did not fold the way the images showed and didn't support the weight of the tablet. It required much bending and jiggling of the cover to make it stay. Even so, the plastic on the back is cheap and the top right corner of the case won't fit on the tablet. The flap won't stay closed when covering the tablet and so don't rely on it to protect your tablet in rough situations. Also, after having the case on for 15 minutes, my screen was damaged by the ten or so magnets that hold the stand open along the tab at the top. I now have 10 brighter sections along the bottom of the screen which h I'm hoping will fade in time but I'm not hopeful. Avoid at all costs.

BiOrb Marine Conversion Kit
BiOrb Marine Conversion Kit
Offered by PONDWORLD AQUATICS SUPERSTORE LTD
Price: 51.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 weeks in and all is well, 28 April 2013
I've had my marine tank set up for 3 weeks now and have followed the instructions to the letter. The instructions are very easy to follow, initially no extra equipment is needed other than what is in the box, your tank and a heater. It comes complete with 4 chunks of fake live rock but the leaflet does suggest real live rock which I bought 3kg of. It helps to filter the water by having bateria colonise on and in it. Live rock sells for about 12 a kg. The box also comes with bags of reef salt, 2 plastic plants, instant aquarium (bacteria in a bottle) and an agrometer (for measuring salinity).

As for the fish stocking suggestions I would be vary cautious. Whenever I mentioned 2 percula clownfish, fish experts (both on forums and in shops) would be horrified at keeping them in my 30 litre tank (as suggested by the leaflet). I have been advised that goby fish (clown, yellow, panda varieties) would be fine. My clean up crew is building up nicely, having added one per week from week 2. I have the choice of cleaner shrimps, hermit crabs and turbo snails. So far I have a cleaner shrimp who is amazingly large but extremely happy pottering about the tank hoovering up all sorts of debris. Just don't be shocked when you think they have multiplied- their skin comes off whole and sits there looking like another cleaner shrimp! My recently purchased hermit crab has hoovered up all the fluffy growth on my live rock and is keeping the tank looking great. For a 30 litre tank they suggest 1 cleaner shrimp, 2/3 hermit crabs and 2 turbo snails.

Cleaning is a bit on the tricky size due to the shape but, after purchasing the special cleaning cloths which don't scratch the biorb, it is much easier. A monthly filter change is needed and 25% of the water needs to be removed and new water put in. Each service kit comes complete with a cleaning cloth, salt and a filter. They retail for about 9.

Overall I'm very happy with my marine biorb, especially as I can't fit in a larger marine tank with all the filtering and skimming equipment needed. I would certainly recommend buying the conversion kit but do have patience. This isn't a quick fix marine tank, it takes time and care to get it right but it's definitely worth it!
There is a great website that gives advice on nano marine tanks here: [...]

LCD-101
LCD-101
Offered by Electro World
Price: 12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 years on and still going strong, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: LCD-101 (Electronics)
4 years on from purchasing this and it is still going strong. The bracket is fully adjustable so almost every imaginable position can be achieved and it is sturdy enough to stay in position without creeping back into unwanted positions.

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment 10ml
Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment 10ml
Price: 2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft shiny hair, 13 Mar 2013
I have very long hair and I have tried many smoothing treatments but this one takes the top spot. I have tried Kerastase Oleo relax and this just works much better. The oil melts into my hair and speeds up drying to an incredible speed. Just to put it in perspective, my hair is 2/3 of the way down my back, fine and thick. It can take hours to dry normally but this more than halved it. After blow drying my hair has been silky, mirror shiny and very soft to the touch. I will certainly be buying the full sized bottle when I run out, which could be a while as you need very little as it goes a long way.

Kitchen Craft Non-Stick Twelve Hole Madeleine Pan
Kitchen Craft Non-Stick Twelve Hole Madeleine Pan
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super slippy non stick, 13 Mar 2013
This was a gift for my brother and in his words the madeleines 'just slid out without a fuss' (He is a stickler for non stick being awesome!). The shape came out clearly on the cakes themselves and the pan has a good weight to it without it being overly heavy.

China Glaze Nail Polish - Afterglow 14ml
China Glaze Nail Polish - Afterglow 14ml
Offered by Faith Cosmetics
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant, eyecatching and addictive!, 13 Mar 2013
This is a great simple colour on it's own with a slight blue tinge. It works brilliantly on top of a darker colour, I used it on purple and as a result it created an electric blue iridescence which was stunning.

China Glaze Material Girl - TBP80771
China Glaze Material Girl - TBP80771
Offered by YOU Salons
Price: 4.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Great on its own or on top of a pink varnish., 13 Mar 2013
A really sparkly, shiny and eyecatching polish colour. It lasted well with a base and top coat. The only downside was the fact it was scratchy without a top coat on and caught on some fabrics. A quick coat of clear varnish sorted this out.

Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/Folio for Apple iPad (1st Generation) (Black)
Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/Folio for Apple iPad (1st Generation) (Black)
Offered by Terminal 1
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a slinky cover!, 15 Sep 2012
Finally! This cover is fantastic, not ugly not bulky and it doesn't cover half of the screen with fabric like so many other cases do.

It is sleek, slender and the clip in parts hold the iPad snugly. The iPad simply slides into the clips from the middle of the case and it pops out of the clips at one end to be released to stand in grooves on the lid. The finish is leather and feels very sturdy. The cover has 4 different grooves and means that almost every viewing position can be achieved. It even fits brilliantly on a bent knee as the cover can bend in just the right place.

Don't hesitate buying this case, I shopped around for months and found nothing of this design and standard.

Set of Four Ceramic Coasters with Cork Backing, Home, Family, Love, Life. Code ES7033
Offered by BHMA Limited
Price: 9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful coasters, 9 May 2012
I just received these coasters and I must say that I'm very impressed. The quality is excellent, the print looks set to stay and the edges are nicely rustic. The colour is slightly more cream than the picture looks. Overall I would recommend this product to anyone looking to achieve a shabby chic effect in their room.

Bedtime for Monsters
Bedtime for Monsters
by Ed Vere
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly funny and an alternative view on bedtime monsters!, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: Bedtime for Monsters (Paperback)
Having read this book once in a book shop it was instantly on my wish list! The book is beautifully illustrated and not as scary as the title suggests. As a primary school teacher I would certainly recommend this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3