Profile for Trebla777 > Reviews

Mythical Formula One: 1966 to Present
Mythical Formula One: 1966 to Present
by Marcel Correa

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 16 Jun. 2014
I'm not a big fan of F1, but I found this book really interesting, full of funny anecdotes and superbly designed and illustrated.

Gold Dust
Gold Dust

3.0 out of 5 stars Where did the old passion go?, 1 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Gold Dust (Audio CD)
I am a big fan of "Boys for Pele" and "From the choirgirl hotel", and I feel really disappointed about the lack of passion and colour Tori's offering us at this moment. She's still great, of course, but it seems that she's not really into the songs. If this is maturity, I don't wanted her to be mature.

Mad About You
Mad About You

4.0 out of 5 stars Great song, 16 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Mad About You (MP3 Download)
I have heard this song some years ago and I thought the singing skills of Petula here were really amazing. Nowadays I still feel the same about it. Beautiful song, incredible singing.

INXS: I'm Only Looking - The Best Of [DVD]
INXS: I'm Only Looking - The Best Of [DVD]
Dvd ~ INXS

4.0 out of 5 stars A great experience, 17 Nov. 2009
This is the only way to describe how I felt after seeing this terrific video collection:a great experience. The 5.1 sound is just excellent, and it allows to remember the high skills of an amazing band, and especially of an amazing singer that nobody can forget. I'd never seen the older videos, and it's a good way to check that INXS were a solid and talented band from the beginning.
The highlights: Suicide blonde, Not enough time and Beautiful girl.
I decided not to rate this five stars because of omissions like The strangest party video; but the compilation's good enough to rate it four stars.

Propaganda
Propaganda

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it or love it,, 23 May 2009
This review is from: Propaganda (Audio CD)
there's no more options with this album. A description? Surrealistic Mottown-flavoured glam delirium. Buy this one now, and better before "Kimono my house".

Big Beat
Big Beat

2.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, great bonus tracks,..., 23 May 2009
This review is from: Big Beat (Audio CD)
...and maybe the worst Sparks album I've ever listened to. Funny lyrics, great voice, but no magic.

Lotusflow3r
Lotusflow3r

3.0 out of 5 stars All good, but nothing new, 23 May 2009
This review is from: Lotusflow3r (Audio CD)
My favourite songs from "MPLSound", "Chocolate box" and "Dance 4 me", sounds like "Lovesexy"'s or "Batman"'s outtakes, and "No more candy 4U" is like the censored version of "Jack U off". It's not a problem by itself, but where's the innovative Prince? It happens the same with the "Lotusflow3r" cd: it seems the 2nd part of the excellent vhs release "The undertaker". And Bria Valente's album is simply routinary with the exception of "All this love"; the rest is like "Journey 2 the center of your heart" mixed with Sheila E's "Boy's club". Great sound -as always- but poor composition.

Lil' Beethoven Deluxe Edition
Lil' Beethoven Deluxe Edition
Offered by encorerecords

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mael brothers have written a page in contemporary music's history..., 23 May 2009
..., and this is due to this excellent album. "Kimono my house" or "Propaganda" are little masterpieces, but "'Lil Beethoven" is THE Sparks album without a doubt. Electric glam voices trapped in a loop, classical music structures at satyre's service, a surrealistic sense of humour envolved in coldness. You'll want to hear it again and again and again, and you'll never understand why.

Communards - Red
Communards - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Three superb songs..., 23 May 2009
This review is from: Communards - Red (Audio CD)
..., the rest of the cd is a little bit boring. So the three stars of my review are for "Lovers and friends", "For a friend" and "Never can say goodbye". If you decide to give the rest of the cd a chance, you will see that "Tomorrow" and "TMTLTBMG" are two good efforts, but nothing like the poetic intensity of the first two songs I've mentioned. Jimmy Somerville's voice deserves five stars.