Profile for Dicko > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Polar Express [Blu-ray] [2004] [Region Free]
The Polar Express [Blu-ray] [2004] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Robert Zemeckis

5.0 out of 5 stars Really touching story and perfect for a feel good Christmas evening, 2 Dec. 2015
What a lovely Christmas film this is. Really touching story and perfect for a feel good Christmas evening. Looking forward to watching it again soon with the family! Looks and sounds fantastic on BluRay too.

ASICS 3PPK Quarter Sock - Black, X-Large
ASICS 3PPK Quarter Sock - Black, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars They have made my runs nice and comfortable, 2 Dec. 2015
These socks are slightly padded on the sole and fit really well. They have made my runs nice and comfortable, much better than cheaper socks.

Sony LCSCSQ Soft Carrying Case for Sony T, W, and N Series Digital Cameras (Black)
Offered by HD Sales Inc

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 Dec. 2015
Bought this for my Sony RX100, it fits, but only just, it's a bit too tight for my liking.

Sony DSCRX100 Advanced Digital Compact Premium Camera with Large 1-inch Sensor and Bright High Quality Lens
Offered by Pearls Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes some lovely photos but can be a bit fiddly., 2 Dec. 2015
This is one impressive little camera. I've used it for quite a few shots now from bright outdoor to poorly lit indoor shots and it takes some pretty impressive pictures. It is solidly built as well and feels really well made. It has a good weight to it as the body is metal rather than plastic, but the camera is small and it's difficult to hold comfortably sometimes. I have a tendency to put my left hand on the top and when the flash pops up, it bangs into my hand which is a bit annoying. With it being so small as well, there's not much room for dials which means you have to use the menus a bit, but the control ring on the lens is good for changing aperture etc.

So it is a bit uncomfortable to use and a bit fiddly, but I can forgive that as it really does take some lovely pictures. It's not as good as my SLR, but it's not far off and it fits in my pocket! I'm taking it everywhere now and spending far too much time with it! Which is a good thing of course!

If you're not that bothered about some of the updates like WiFi etc in the more recent versions of this camera, this is a real bargain.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2015 6:05 PM GMT

The Golf Club Collector's Edition (PS4)
The Golf Club Collector's Edition (PS4)
Offered by Your IT Delivered

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to get the hang of golf game, 2 Dec. 2015
Really simple to play, you get the hang of it pretty well after a few rounds. I was expecting the graphics to be a bit better though. The commentator is good though, but does tend to use the same quotes a lot.

iPhone 6s Bumper Case, 6s Clear Case, Jisoncase Back Cover Transparent Protective Case Soft TPU Case Heavy Duty Case for Apple iPhone 6/6s JS-I6S-02P02
Offered by Labato UK Official Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking case for iPhone, 2 Dec. 2015
I was kindly given this to review and I have to say it is a nice looking case. It comes nicely packaged and presented in a hard clear plastic case. The actual phone case is made from soft plastic and it was easy to put the phone in and the buttons all operate ok. It also comes with a glass screen protector and a kit to apply it which was relatively easy to fit. It is much better quality than some cheap screen protectors. Why not 4 stars? It is just a plastic case after all with a screen protector, no idea why it shows it's normal price as over £35, this is not a £35 case in my opinion, the current £8 is much more reasonable.

Solgar - Sfp Turmeric Root Extract, 60 veggie caps [Packaging May Vary]
Solgar - Sfp Turmeric Root Extract, 60 veggie caps [Packaging May Vary]
Offered by TOP-SECRET-NUTRITION

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality Turmeric from a trusted brand., 17 Nov. 2015
As usual with Solgar, these are very good quality and securely packaged and sealed. I've been using Solgar for years and have never been disappointed.

Each capsule contains 400mg of standardised Turmeric (providing 372mg curcuminoids). It suggests between 1 and 3 a day preferably with meals.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2016 7:12 PM BST

L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Vita Lift Moisturiser 50ml
L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Vita Lift Moisturiser 50ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice moisturiser, not sure about the 'anti-wrinkle' though., 17 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This has a nice texture to it, it feels rich and is easily absorbed into the skin and really did keep my face moisturised throughout the day. It is a creamy white colour like most moisturisers.

I love the dispenser pump, it delivers an ideal amount in a controlled way with no mess which is really good, so you don't get any dried up bits like with some normal tubes of moisturiser. I'm just not sold on the 'anti-wrinkle' and 'firming' aspect, my face looks the same in my opinion and I do have a fair few wrinkles these days! Perhaps you have to use it for months continuously to see the results, I'll keep going & see how I get on. Nice moisturiser though.

Turtle Beach Ear Force: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Shadow Stereo Headset
Turtle Beach Ear Force: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Shadow Stereo Headset
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great robust headset., 17 Nov. 2015
I bought this for my son after he managed to somehow break 2 other headsets! He's been using it now for over 6 months and it's still going strong (touch wood!).

He tells me it's great as well. The sound is really punchy and no one has any problems hearing him.

Logitech M235 Wireless Mouse - Black/Grey
Logitech M235 Wireless Mouse - Black/Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect mouse for work and everyday PC duties., 17 Nov. 2015
Brilliant little mouse. It replaced a more expensive Logitech one that gave up the ghost, but this performs just as well in my opinion. It is very comfortable to use, I use it all day with work and it never feels uncomfortable. The scroll works great and you can use it on most surfaces. My only minor gripe is that there is no sideways scroll. Other than that, this is a really neat, comfortable and accurate mouse. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20