Profile for Dicko > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 915

Dicko (North Yorkshire)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
Braun Oral-B TriZone SmartSeries 5000 Five-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide (Packaging and Smart Guide Varies)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars As a toothbrush, it's excellent, but why the wireless smart guide?, 1 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using Braun electric toothbrushes for years now and this one looks similar to some of the other 'more expensive' Braun ones. I was interested to see what a £200 toothbrush could do differently from say a £30 one! Luckily Amazon gave me this one to review so I didn't have to pay for it!

As a toothbrush, the new brush heads are really good. I didn't think i'd like it, but it really cleans your teeth well. The heads are different from the usual small circular heads as the bristles move up and down so they get in between your teeth really well.

So it performs really well as a toothbrush, it even shines up red when you press too hard which is a good feature. What I can't get though is the wireless Smart Guide. It's a stand alone unit that shows you how long you've been brushing and which areas to brush around your mouth. Which is fine, but the toothbrush times this as well as it bleeps every 30 seconds to prompt you to move to the next bit in your mouth. It does it all wirelessly so you don't need to press a button to start it, you just start brushing. I feel it is a bit of a gimmick really as I can easily manage to brush my teeth effectively without it!

The toothbrush even takes the usual circular heads if you prefer these as well.

All in all, an excellent, effective toothbrush, but does it really need a wireless screen telling you how long you've been brushing your teeth when the brush guides you through this any way! If money's no object, get one. But you could just get a cheaper Braun model which would no doubt brush your teeth nearly as good (if not the same) as this one.

Willpower: Rediscovering Our Greatest Strength
Willpower: Rediscovering Our Greatest Strength
by Roy F. Baumeister

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read if you're interested in willpower!, 1 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're into the science behind how willpower works, this is a really good read and I really enjoyed it. It's heavy going on the science front in parts (beware if you're not into that as it forms large sections of the book), but explains the research that others have done in detail, but in an easy to read fashion.

Sony Fashion Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black
Sony Fashion Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones, really good sound and comfy., 28 Jun. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using these for a while now and I have to say i'm impressed! The sound is lovely, sweet treble and quite a punchy bass for such small cans. I've worn them for hours with no real discomfort. My only gripe is that the cord is white and flat which looks quite strange when the rest of it is black. No doubt this to look similar to another brand of headphones!

Their sound is well isolated too so people around you cannot really hear them.

All in all, really pleasant to use and great sound for the price.

Remington IPL 4000 i-Light Essential Hair Removal System
Remington IPL 4000 i-Light Essential Hair Removal System
Offered by Netelectrix Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Really effective hair removal, 25 May 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife has been using this for a while now and it really works as it says it does and the best thing is it's pain free. It can be used by both males and females and is easy to use the device.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars is that after reading a few more reviews by others, the bulbs do not last long and are about £20 to replace so this could end up costing quite a bit, but since it's so effective, I think it'll still be used.

It lives up to its claims which is good though!

The Joy Factory StormCruiser Multi Terrain Weather Resistant iPhone 4 and 4s Mount/Case for Bikes, Motorcycles and Strollers
Offered by u-Tab

5.0 out of 5 stars Really sturdy iPhone 4/4Sbike mount!, 19 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using this for a while now and I am impressed. I've used a bike mount before for my iPhone, and it came flying off when I went over a speed bump!

This case is nice and sturdy and the bracket to attach to the bike is nice and substantial and holds it firmly to the bars. With the phone in the case and on the bike it is great and easy to move about and weatherproof which is a bonus for our UK weather. The screen will still work underneath the plastic screen, but sometimes you have to have a few goes to make it work properly.

I'm impressed with the quality though and it's never come off my bike which is obviously a bonus!

I use it for using maps when out and about on long rides(of course, when I am stationary), it saves loads of time having to get my phone out of my pocket or bag every time.

All in all a very secure, weatherproof iPhone case which i'm sure would really protect your phone if you dropped it when in the case as it fits nice and snug.

SanDisk Extreme 120GB SATA 6GB/s 7200rpm 2.5-inch Internal SSD
SanDisk Extreme 120GB SATA 6GB/s 7200rpm 2.5-inch Internal SSD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quick drive for OS install., 20 Mar. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used this drive to install my operating system on to speed up my PC as my boot times were getting horribly slow. I installed Windows 7 64 bit on it and it worked straight away which impressed me for starters!

Now, 120GB is not huge, but it's certainly ok for a Windows 7 install and a few programs. All my other media is located on my main 1TB hard drive.

I have to say, it has really made my PC boot, shut down and open and close programs a lot quicker. My boot time has nearly halved and accessing Google chrome is pretty much instant!

I'm impressed, I just wish these drives came in much larger capacities, but i'm sure they'll be on their way soon. 500gb would be excellent.

If you're building a silent PC just for email and office programs, this is absolutely ideal.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2013 12:38 PM BST

JCB 70130 Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner, 20 Litre - Yellow
JCB 70130 Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner, 20 Litre - Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars Really handy vac for the garage., 10 Mar. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is designed to be used for use on household and DIY type jobs. It has so many functions, wet and dry vacuuming, even a blow function.

It was really easy to set up. You have to screw the wheels on and the handle and you're ready to go. I've generally used it for cleaning the car so you can use it without a bag, the dirt just collects in the drum which you just tip out. It is really light and very manoeuvrable on it's wheels.

Only gripes are the flex could be longer, it's a bit short, and the hose does not fit attachments from other vacuums. I have an old broken Dyson and I wanted to use the 'brush attachment' (as you don't get on with the JCB!) but it doesn't fit!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stylus for 3DS!, 5 Feb. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You get 3 stylus's in the pack and they are essentially the same as the one that came with the 3DS, but in three different colours.

Not much more to say really, they work and look exactly the same as the Nintendo one.

AmazonBasics Carrying Case for Nintendo 3DS DS Lite DSi and DSi XL Black Officially Licenced by Nintendo

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid case, but why is it so big?, 5 Feb. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The case is made from flexible plastic which will no doubt protect a 3DS well. However, the case is too large and the DS can move around, even when you use the elasticated straps to hold it in position.

There is room for 3 games which is nice, the case looks good too, it's just a bit large!

The Hunters [DVD]
The Hunters [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steven Waddington
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too slow for me!, 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Hunters [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was quite looking forward to watching this, but now I wish I hadn't wasted the time. It was just too slow to get going and when it did get going, it didn't really go anywhere and was predictable.

I'm keeping this review short (i wish the film was!) as, trust me, it's really not worth bothering with.

How do movies like this get the go ahead?

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21