Profile for Dicko > Reviews

ghd V Pink Orchid Limited Edition Styler Gift Set
ghd V Pink Orchid Limited Edition Styler Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class straighteners!, 22 Sep 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are the best straighteners I've ever used! The ceramic plates really do glide over your hair effortlessly making the whole process of straightening your hair so easy. The colour of the plates are even cool too!

The case that comes with them is also fantastic, it also has a golden carrying chain attached.

What can I say, these are simply brilliant, top quality straigteners!

Kit Powerstand 1800mAh Portable Power Bank and Dock for iPhone 4/4S, iPod Touch 2nd, 3rd and 4th Generation - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful battery stand for iPhone 4, 22 Sep 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this little battery stand. It is fully foldable so can easily be put in your pocket or bag. It folds out to act as a useful stand and has a built in 2000mAh capacity rechargeable battery which is really useful to top up your phone in an emergency. The battery can only be charged via USB though.

My only gripe is that the phone will only fit on the stand without a case on, so if you use a case with your phone (like I do) you have to take it off each time you want to use it which can be a pain. Other than that, it's great!

Boule / Boccia / Pentanque Set
Boule / Boccia / Pentanque Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality boule set., 24 Aug 2011
These are excellent quality boules. They come in a lovely case with a wooden jack, a measuring line and instructions for the game. They are heavy though! My son (6) struggled a bit with the weight of the balls, but he got used to it in the end and really enjoys the game. Recommended.

Bionase [Revolutionary medical device for Hay Fever - Allergic Rhinitis treatment]
Offered by psychculture UK

2.0 out of 5 stars No very effective for me, 24 Aug 2011
I used this regularly this hay-fever season (as per the instructions), and I have to say that it did not really relieve my symptoms at all. You also look really silly when using it! It may work for some people, just not me.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Offered by Trade Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, dependable Internet Security, 24 Aug 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using Kaspersky Internet Security on a few of my PC's for the last 3 years or so and I have to say (touch wood!) that i've never had a problem.

What I like about Kaspersky is that you just install and it does everything for you which is what I want. I don't want to be interrupted all of the time with the software asking if you want to let it do something. The interface is simple and it is pretty much common sense how to use it.

All in all, it's effective internet security that you can install and let it get on with protecting your computer.

Bicycle Audio Speaker
Bicycle Audio Speaker

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic music player, just a bit big!, 15 Aug 2011
Used this on a few cycles out and about recently. It easily fits onto the handlebars using velcro straps, but does wobble about a bit as the player is a bit heavy. The picture shows it at a strange angle, the player is about 10cm long.

Sound wise though, it's great! Nice and loud, you could use it anywhere outside for example to listen to music. Just drag and drop music files onto a micro SD card (not supplied) and away you go.

It feels well made with a nice metal body. Changing tracks and using the volume is a bit tricky as there are only a few buttons, but you soon get used to this.

All in all, very good.

Nikon COOLPIX P300 Compact Digital Camera - Black (12.2MP, 4.2x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little camera with full manual controls., 15 Aug 2011
I bought this as I was after a small light 'pocketable' camera to easily take out and about. Sometimes my SLR is just too heavy to lug about all day so I needed a semi-decent compact camera.

I read a few other reviews and had a look at the Canon s95, but this was around £100 more expensive, I wanted something around the £200 mark, this Nikon fitted that nicely. This camera is not perfect, however, if you bear this in mind you'll find that the camera really does just about everything you need.

The lens is really good. Nice and fast at f1.8 as long as you're zoomed out, zoom right in and this goes to f4.9 which is understandable for a lens of this size. You're not going to get any lovely depth of field shots as the lens is just too small, but you can shoot indoors in very low light without the flash which is a real bonus. And the image stabilization really helps the image stay crisp, even at shutter speeds of say 1/20 sec. I love the full manual controls and even the scene settings are useful out and about when you're not feeling creative. You can even do 180 or 360 panorama photo's, which are a cinch to do!

As others have said, the menus are not as easy to use as Nikon's SLR's, but you get used to it and soon you don't really notice much.

Full HD video is a real bonus too and it takes some lovely videos. The picture is lovely and crisp with great colour. Just be aware that you can hear the motor when you zoom in and out!

The LCD screen is also excellent and just as good if not better than on my D90. The camera is also nice to hold and easily fits into your coat or jeans pocket.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this camera, it does exactly what I wanted it to and more. The quality of the pictures are impressive for such a reasonably priced camera.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2011 7:38 PM BST

Tech21 T21-1186 Impact Mesh Case with D3O iPhone 4 - Black
Tech21 T21-1186 Impact Mesh Case with D3O iPhone 4 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case which protects your phone well., 10 Aug 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using this for a while now and I'm impressed. I wanted this case as it provides a decent level of protection from dropping your phone. Previous cases that I have used have been made of hard plastic and I was a bit worried that if I did drop my phone whether they would provide enough protection.

This case does increase the size of the phone somewhat, but it has to do this to provide the protection. I've dropped my phone once and it did it's job - my phone was completely undamaged! SO it does what it's meant to!

My only gripe is that the buttons are a bit harder to use (especially the power button) as the case presses on the button to activate this and you do have to press hard.

Finally found a nice looking case that will protect my iPhone! Recommended!

Philips PowerTouch Plus PT870 Dual Precision Rechargeable Electric Shaver
Philips PowerTouch Plus PT870 Dual Precision Rechargeable Electric Shaver
Offered by Electrifyingdeals

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely rechargeable razor!, 25 Jun 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used this a few times now and have to say that i'm impressed. I like the fact it is rechargeable as you are not restricted to using it only where there is a shaver point. This makes it ideal for taking on holiday or trips away from home. The battery lasts for 50 minutes and only takes an hour to fully charge the battery, but you can also charge it for 3 minutes for a quick shave.

In use, it shaves pretty close. It's not as good as a wet blade shave, but it is good enough and will certainly get you 'presentable' in a short amount of time.

It is easy to clean as well. You just open it up and rinse under a tap, really easy!

All in all, a very good razor which gives a quick, close comfortable shave.

AVG Internet Security 2011, 4 Users, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
AVG Internet Security 2011, 4 Users, 1 Year Subscription (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use Internet Security., 10 May 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used AVG free for ages now and this was a cost effective way of getting better security for my PC's.

The reason I got it was that AVG has always scored well in its anti-virus results and this product offers 'total' security for your PC. Best thing is it doesn't cost too much and can be used on 4 PC's which is really good value.

Easy to install, not too intrusive and I haven't noticed any difference in my PC's performance after installing it, I'm very happy with it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18