Profile for devlin_peter@hotmail.com > Reviews

Dvd ~ Pete Postlethwaite
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 8.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply - a modern day Classic., 1 Feb 2002
This review is from: Brassed Off [DVD] [1996] (DVD)
Even though classified a 'low budget' film this has to be one of the best movies in recent times. Humour, pathos, realism and so much more. I have laughed and cried with this movie several times already. It is a "Must-See"!

Fantasia 2000 [DVD]
Fantasia 2000 [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Levine
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 1 Feb 2002
This review is from: Fantasia 2000 [DVD] (DVD)
I have been a great fan of Fantasia since I first saw it many years ago, and I never fail to be enchanted when I watch it. The original was so imaginative, and the animators' interpretation of the music inspirational! Fantasia 2000 could, and should, have been so much better. Yet with all the modern computer animation technology at their disposal, the Disney team have failed to fire the imagination this time, and produced only a disjointed and bewildering display. To add insult to injury, they prop up this lame duck by presenting the magnificent "Sorcerer's Apprentice" in all it's original glory, which only serves to remind us how much better they did this so many years ago. I am a huge fan of Disney, because they have produced animated movies that will be forever the most Classic. But Fantasia 2000 has to be one of the most disappointing movie sequels I have ever seen.