Profile for Mrs. Lynn M. Massey > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Lynn M. M...

Mrs. Lynn M. Massey

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
bareMinerals SUMMER BISQUE SPF20 Multi Tasking Concealer 2g
bareMinerals SUMMER BISQUE SPF20 Multi Tasking Concealer 2g
Offered by Now Cosmetics
Price: 13.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent partner to the foundation, 17 July 2014
Never used concealer before - but my 60 year old face requires a little more 'scaffolding' these days. An excellent product to use under the bareMinerals foundation. So glad I purchased it.

Simplicity Felting Machine Needles
Simplicity Felting Machine Needles
Price: 13.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 15 Jun 2014
Having an embellishing machine I find I seem to go through needles like water. Prices ot replace them vary so much but these were the best!
Thank you very much! Will order again.

The Nanny [DVD] [1965]
The Nanny [DVD] [1965]
Price: 9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Why I would not have a Nanny..., 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Nanny [DVD] [1965] (DVD)
Hammer Horror at it's best!

Bette Davies in a role she does best - seeming harmless, then proves evil!

Beware the nanny who hates her children's children...

The Anniversary [DVD]
The Anniversary [DVD]
Price: 10.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, my!!!, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Anniversary [DVD] (DVD)
Purchased this ... and am hovering between 'Why' and 'Glad' I did...

It is total 'corn on the cob'... the lines are cringe-worthy in places, the action bizarre (Brian Rix Farce) yet I really enjoyed it!

You really hate Bette Davies' character - the Matriarch who holds onto her sons in a way which is creepy.. yet can't help to be annoyed that they pander to her.
One dysfunctional, screwed up family... dark humour, corny and FUN. Glad I sent for this. Had never seen it nor heard of it before

Balds Original Furniture Balm - Green Top
Balds Original Furniture Balm - Green Top
Offered by Balds Original Furniture Balm
Price: 13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle for furniture, 15 Jun 2014
Have used this before but paid more with the postage from another outlet.
I love this Balm as it disguises marks in furniture and brings them a lovely finish when lightly polished.
And it smells as I would expect furniture polish to smell ..... but a mixture from many years ago.

Love it, love it and would use no other.

Dead Ringer [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dead Ringer [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 8.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Bette Davies Film, 15 Jun 2014
Saw this DVD on line and thought 'Why not?'
I am a Bette Davies fan and have never heard if this film... never seen it.
It is in the category of her later work very similar in shock value to Baby Jane etc but with Bette playing two roles as twin sisters. All in all an enjoyable romp an am most pleased I decided to own it.

Only after I ordered it did I panic as I thought Region 1? Don't you need a special player? But I needn't've worried as it plays absolutely fine.
Service, delivery all excellent. Thank you

Black Sheep Boy - an Introduction to Tim Hardin
Black Sheep Boy - an Introduction to Tim Hardin
Price: 6.58

5.0 out of 5 stars What a musician, 16 Nov 2013
I waited quite a while to find this CD but it was well worth the wait.
I first heard Tim Hardin's own version of Hang Onto A Dream in the late 60s on a pirate radio station and was enchanted, however being quite young I was limited in being able to trace music I loved. The man had a haunting voice and - I felt- could sing anything.

Now nearly 50 years later I own this CD which has been worth the wait. Although it is quite an old one it hasn't aged. My husband (who had never heard of him) really enjoyed the music and agreed with me - the man was out of his time.
If you haven't heard him, try it. You won't be disappointed.

If Wishes Were Horses: Two Short Ghost Stories Laced with Love
If Wishes Were Horses: Two Short Ghost Stories Laced with Love
Price: 0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars great for teens, 16 Nov 2013
I felt it was written by a teen for a teen. I didn't like it- I found it just too predicable.

The Woman In Black
The Woman In Black
Price: 3.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Old-fashioned ghost story, 16 Nov 2013
The film with young master radcliffe was extreemly atmospheric but was full of special effects to scare and make you jump.

The story is - I feel- so much more believable. I could imagine sitting with a friend and them telling it in the way Susan Hill has written it, It was THAT believable.
I started reading and could not put it down. As my Kindle registered I was near the end, I began to feel sorry that I had not paced out this little gem to prolong the enjoyment.
Although the film has many similarities, it did not follow the book exactly. I felt I was meeting the tale afresh.
I have bought other stories by Susan Hill and can't wait to start them.

Hand Dyeing Yarn and Fleece: Dip-Dyeing, Hand-Painting, Tie-Dyeing, and Other Creative Techniques
by Gail Callahan
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 11.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !!, 3 Sep 2013
New to dyeing, I bought this book on the strength of it's chapter on painting wool tops with dyes.
The entire book is a gem - that chapter is really useful but the rest of the book is as well. So glad I sent for it and may I add my wool fleece dyeing in multi-colours looks amazing!

A great book for all who are nervy of colouring their own fibres!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3