Profile for A. smith > Reviews

A. smith (UK)

In the Arms Of an Angel
In the Arms Of an Angel

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 17 Mar. 2014
Someone Like You is the stand out track, just beautiful. Great mix of songs to show off that great voice, well done Nicholas

Ultimate Navigation Manual
Ultimate Navigation Manual
by Lyle Brotherton

5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible book, 6 Mar. 2013
Being a hillwalker with no idea how to read a map, I thought it was time I addressed the issue. Very glad indeed I got this book as it explains navigation from the basics, so there is none of that irritating feeling when you come upon some piece of jargon and feel excluded from a club. At the same time, navigational techniques are clearly explained and the writing style, language and layout are all user friendly and inspire confidence. If you want to be able to achieve a level of competence in navigation and conduct yourself safely on the mountains, then get this book.

Delia's How to Cheat at Cooking
Delia's How to Cheat at Cooking
by Delia Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Use the bits you like, 6 Mar. 2008
I have just read some of the reviews of this book - and am amazed at the vitriol contained in some of them. I bought it for my son, but kept it for myself, and have tried several of the recipes. Tinned mince I can live without, but frozen mash was a revelation. Tomato and cheese sauces I would make myself but the frozen grilled aubergines are brilliant. The point of this book is to help you avoid the bits of cooking you find tiresome and still produce something tasty for the table. I have never cooked every recipe from any of my (many) cookery books, and do not expect to do so with this one, but I would recommend it highly.