Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Signature? on a keyboard? eh?" (Europa)

Jays T00084 v-JAYS Headphones - Black
Jays T00084 v-JAYS Headphones - Black
Price: 31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best., 14 Jun 2012
I have owned a few headphones in the under 100 catagory and these are the only ones that I would buy again.
I've had sony's (very old now, you can't buy them), iGrado's (brilliant sound but clinical and boring and lacking in bass), AKG K430'S(not quite as good, more muddy), Koss Porta Pro's (effin brilliant for the price but not as good at the end of the day!)
The v-Jays are simply brilliant, they manage to get clear, detailed sound quality with awesome clear crisp punchy bass. Don't be put off by the descriptions of 'bass heavy' headphones or similar it just means that the bass is there and clear and punchy which is completely different from being a 'drive by, in a car' bass.

These headphones are far and above any that I've owned so far for the money because they make all the music that i listen to exciting and a pleasure to listen to as well as being clear, detailed and extremely punchy. I recommend them in a heartbeat. They will superceed any apparently 'better sound quality' headphones that magazines may try and sell you for being clinically great as they sound exciting, bassy and clinical and not just boringly clinical.

One thing you should know is that they are semi-open backed which means that if you are commuting then people will hear you and if it is windy then your sound will be affected.

Please leave comments if you agree or buy on the back of this review and wish to express your opinion. That is how much i believe you will like them..... come on.... let the people know!

iGRADO Black HEADPHONES
iGRADO Black HEADPHONES

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately...., 14 Jun 2012
I bought these headphones with great anticipation, I mean the reviews were awesome, the name was awesome, I was expecting greatness. Unfortunately I was disappointed. Reason is that even though the sound quality is very good it was to me clinical and lacking any kind of soul. I want some kind of life in my headphones, I want them to 'bounce' with energy. iGrado just don't. They may be good for some kinds of music i don't know, maybee classical or jazz, but for me, I wanted rock and dance and metal and indie and they were just boring. The next headphones i bought after these were v-jays and they wiped the floor with these as they just brought my music alive and were exciting.
Build quality was equally as unimpressive. They hurt my head, plain and simple. I've read reviews where people say this is ok as you can 'break them in' and you get used to them etc but I didn't unfortunately. They are made of the hardest grade plastic and DO NOT MOULD to your head, hurt your ears and give you a headache! On top of this the cable is about the width of a human hair and is as brittle as dry pasta.
I'm sorry but i won't be buying any Grado's again. It seems to be the way that whatever what-hifi says, i disagree with! You can make up your own mind up about that statement but I would definately recommend the v-jays for this price.

The Beautiful Decay EP
The Beautiful Decay EP

5.0 out of 5 stars Catch them now before they are explode., 9 Dec 2011
Catfish and the Bottlemen are quite possibly the most exiting band you could ever wish to see live. They just exude energy. Every now and again you get the chance to catch a band before they explode, here you have that opportunity. Why do I say this? Well I saw them live the other week and only managed to actually see the band for one song before they were literally bombarded with fans, after that I just could listen which was just fine by me! This was in Southampton and apparently they had never played there before! It was really good watching the crowds reaction too! These guys are really talented and deserve to be heard. Go see them quick!

Cosmos [DVD]   [US Import] [NTSC]
Cosmos [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Fahn
Offered by mmv_uk
Price: 36.69

5.0 out of 5 stars You cannot get better TV than this, 22 Mar 2007
I will not go into the detail of this series, it has been done by previous reviewers but if you are wandering if the dvd is truly worth the 5 stars given by all reviews to date along with every single 'was this review helpful' vote being positive then wander no more. The five stars are nowhere near enough in my opinion. Imagine David Attenborough but with more detail explained and instead of talking about just nature, covering everything from mankinds evolution of intelligence to the universe itself and you start to scratch the surface. This documentary is truly awe inspiring and has the capability of changing your whole view on life. Nothing compares to it. I only wish he was still around to make more amazing documentaries. RIP Carl Sagan.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2008 7:35 PM BST