Profile for tdebug > Reviews

Content by tdebug

tdebug

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 Controller - Jet Black (PS4)
Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 Controller - Jet Black (PS4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap rubber dome buttons, very short lifespan as result., 9 July 2016
All main buttons are cheaply made rubber dome buttons and have very limited lifespan as result. In my case R1 started to fail after about two years only and I am very occasional weekend player, at most! No wonder that warranty for this trash is one year only - it simply won't last longer, depends a lot on your luck.
Nowadays tons of super durable mechanical switches available on the market, but Sony only wanted to pursue 300% profit, no less. You can nearly buy fully mechanical keyboard for the price of this controller!
I am very seriously disappointed with this product, it has nice and quality build outside, but using so super-cheap unreliable components inside. Shame on you Sony.

SONY PRO MDR7506 Headphones Pro closed
SONY PRO MDR7506 Headphones Pro closed

2.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable highs peaks, 3 July 2016
These headphones are very nice from many perspective, I like mids clarity and overall lightweight build and portability. Many said they didn't like the long coiled cable, but I loved it! It is soft, so it can uncoil easily and I found it really good length too.
The only reason I decided to return them and give two stars - annoying highs peaks, that really give you headache. Cannot say, whether my pair was defective or not. At least in one of the youtube reviews someone mentioned the same. So probably it is normal and it is a shame really.

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Studio PRO
Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Studio PRO
Offered by home AV direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly for professional use, not really carry around type of headphones, 29 Jun. 2016
First tried in a shop and they seemed "kinda too bright", but following so many positive reviews decided to order from amazon to at least test for 30 days myself. I have to admit, I like these headphones after all. They sound very balanced with very nice highs and lows, also very detailed in the same time.
Quality seems to be very good, but headphones are not really portable. They are not foldable, following the famous Beyer design tradition. Included case is huge in size and you cannot fit headphones there with a cable attached. Detaching a cable require a little bit of force (at least in my pair) and seem unnecessary task to do every day. Coiled cable is hard and not so easy to uncoil, which is also pity as I like coiled cables, but I also like them to be softer.

Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - Black
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and sound not as good as everybody says - definitely compare to other headphones, before buying!, 13 Jun. 2016
I spent some time with the 50x and not at all pleased with their sound. Tested with different amps, they sound muffled and featureless. I have a few headphones and was interested to get 50x because everybody likes them so much, however it was disappointment. Sony 7506, which you can get much cheaper nowadays, have much clearer details and comparing to them, 50x sound like from a little far away.
I am surprised why so many people like them for that price. They are not terrible headphones of course and I liked build quality, but way too much overpriced for their sound quality. You do need to listen to different models, rather than just getting 50x, because everybody says so.

Casio Men's Databank Watch DBC32D-1A With Calculator
Casio Men's Databank Watch DBC32D-1A With Calculator

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, 6 April 2016
Quality could be a bit better for the price. Bracelet is cheap and the most unfortunate, watch case is plastic painted silver, which feels very cheap. It could have been totally different product if better bracelet and especially metal case used in the watch.

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard, nothing else in the box for the price., 6 April 2016
This is a very nice keyboard with only one problem - PRICE. Seriously, in some EU countries it retails for as much as 210€ and even given "free" The Division, this is a hell of a lot of money for a simple keyboard, which is, to remind, a device with no screen and no OS pre-installed.
Package includes only the keyboard, nothing else.
I would be happy to see at least plastic dust cover, which you can find with 100€ mechanical razer keyboards and I find it far more useful than, for example, a wrist pad as I anyway using a custom one.
Perhaps it is time for Logitech to re think its pricing policy quite a bit.

Roccat Tyon R3 Sensor Laser USB Gaming Mouse - Black
Roccat Tyon R3 Sensor Laser USB Gaming Mouse - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Well, that was different, 4 April 2016
This is the weirdest mouse I even used and probably the worst one, given the price. First of all, this mouse is BIG and I mean it. I am 6ft man and never ever in my life thought that my hands can be small, but it seems this mouse is definitely bigger than any other mouse I even tried - this may not be a bad thing though, rather depends on your preferences.
The main problem was, however, software. In short - I couldn't get mouse buttons reconfigure.
The mouse software looks very heavy and with lots of settings, (just to understand - perhaps 4 to 5 times more settings than Logitech software has). If you change any setting and press OK, it always freezing for one minute(!) or so, presumably to write those setting to the mouse. I don't know why other mice can do that immediately though.
I contacted Roccat support and they suggest me to disable my firewall as it may block the mouse software (seriously?) as well as any antivirus software (I only have windows defender and btw my windows 10 has almost no additional software installed, so interfere with other software is highly unlikely). They provided instructions how to add roccat software to defender exclusion list, but unfortunately, none of them worked. Roccat support suggested that I might still have some ”blocking antivirus software” and I might need to try to unplug LAN cable to make the mouse work.
Naturally I decided to return the mouse already after three days, as this is clearly not a quality product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2016 12:41 PM BST

Sony SELP18105G E Mount  - APS-C 18-105mm F4.0 Zoom G Lens
Sony SELP18105G E Mount - APS-C 18-105mm F4.0 Zoom G Lens

2.0 out of 5 stars Very slow, 5 Mar. 2016
This is extremely slow lens. It almost reminds me of my ancient Canon 510 I had back in a days. Zoom ring acts just as zoom level and gives your pure OLD compact camera experience. You would usually need up to few seconds before every shot, which is very annoying and slow if you used to DSLR cameras. It is otherwise sharp and affordable, probably good choice if you need it mostly for video.

ASUS RT-AC87U AC2400 Dual-Band Gigabit Wireless Router (Access Point Mode/Dual-Core CPU/Time Machine Support), 3G/4G Dongle Support

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs, especially if using Mac, 7 April 2015
I bought this expensive router only because of AC2400 and I had positive experience with ASUS routers before, so I really hoped for the best experience. Unfortunately it wasn't anywhere close to positive. Software has a lot of issues and over the last 6 months they release equal amount of firmware updates, with some of them require you to reset and reconfigure the router. However, even after latest updates there are still many issues with 5GHz connection. There are not many laptops can support AC2400 as such, latest mac pro is one of the few, however I especially and strongly advise to avoid this router if you're planning to use Apple devices and Mac. I am now going to return it after few month of trying to make it stable.
AC87 simply failed the very feature required from it. 2.4GHz is stable, but hey, you can get that from 50 bucks router, no need to go for the most expensive.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2015 8:39 PM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not more, 30 April 2014
It is not really streaming from laptop/tablet/phone but will be playing content directly on your tablet behalf. Configuration is not always smooth as well as it might not be comparable with all routers. Especially if you have DD-WRT or any custom firmware router - you may end up having great problem configuring chromecast.
So basically it is netflix/youtube player with limited compatibility, but otherwise great idea and OK to have for the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2014 7:50 PM BST