Profile for B. J. Lambert > Reviews

Content by B. J. Lambert

B. J. Lambert "Ancient cook" (Essex, UK)

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Offered by KoolTech
Price: 2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 5 Mar 2011
A very useful and competitive product. As many digital cameras now use SD cards, it is so convenient just to have one small card reader, particularly as it appears more and more that it is being recommended not to attach your camera for downloading in many publications.
Thoroughly recommended.

Patterson Medical Sock and Stocking Aid with Comfy Foam Handles
Patterson Medical Sock and Stocking Aid with Comfy Foam Handles
Price: 16.74

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money!, 5 Mar 2011
Very disappointed in this product. There were no instructions and it was not clear as to the purpose of the extra pad.
Would suggest looking for a better product.

Antony's Slow Cooking: 100 easy recipes for the slow cooker, the oven and the hob
by Antony Worrall Thompson
Price: 12.75

5.0 out of 5 stars For all 'slow cooking' fans, 5 Mar 2011
This excellent book also suggests oven and hob methods, which is very useful. Whilst not a great fan of Anthony Worral Thompson, I did find this book very enjoyable and very interesting; it has somewhat amended my opinion of this gentleman. I am a great fan of slow cookers and whilst I am currently recovering from an operation, I can't wait to get back in the kitchen and try some of these recipes. Whilst several of the more traditional recipes are to be found in other books, AWT often offers his own twist to them, which could be interesting.
Amazon delivery was very speedy, as usual.
I would thoroughly recommend this book.

Mums Know Best: The Hairy Bikers' Family Cookbook
Mums Know Best: The Hairy Bikers' Family Cookbook
by Hairy Bikers
Price: 18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Sicky Date Cake, 14 Feb 2010
I bought this book after starting to watch the TV series. I very much like the idea of preserving these old family recipes, and I like the Hairy Bikers' attitude that cooking is a fun thing to do. Their presentation is so much better than many of the 'cheffy' things we get today. I bought this because I went online to get the Sticky Date Cake recipe, but when I saw so many other good recipes I decided to get the book. I would thoroughly recommend this book, not only for the tasty recipes (I've still got a lot to try), but also for their very homely style of presentation.
Finally, I think this was the best series the Hairy Bikers have done. So fellas, stay in this country and let's have more of the same.

Jamie's Dinners
Jamie's Dinners
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Beef Stew is excellent, 14 Feb 2010
This review is from: Jamie's Dinners (Paperback)
I bought this book purely because my daughter made Jool's Favourite Beef Stew (really scrumptious) and I Couldn't be bothered to write out the recipe. I was so glad I did as there are some other really good recipes featured in this book and I like Jamies's informal style. There seems to be something almost rustic about many of the dishes, which makes such a change these days.
Would recommend this book to anyone,