Profile for C. Liyanage > Reviews

Inside of Emptiness
Inside of Emptiness
Price: 17.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Another perfect album, 6 Nov 2004
This review is from: Inside of Emptiness (Audio CD)
I dunno about the rest of you, but I have yet to hear a single song from John that I do not like; infact I damn near love every single song he's done.
This is yet another example of why this man is a genius.
Well, I was gonna give a list of a few songs that I really like, but as I went through them all in my head, they are all brilliant...keep a look out for track 5. Look On, which gives a little flavour some of John's guitar solo's from his Chili Peppers style.
This album sounds a little different from the more mellow sounds of The Will to Death. Just another example of this great man's wonderous range.
I love the direction that John has gone with his albums, giving them a more raw sound which is what is really representative of the art a musician can actually perform. I have always felt that the post production process takes away a certain part of the music...call it soul or whatever in order to give it a 'clean' sound.
I eagerly await A Sphere in the Heart of Silence coming December 7th; that's right next to my birthday!
A MUST for any John fan or fan of deep meaningful music alike.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
Offered by GameExplorers
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best PS2 game ever!!, 6 Nov 2004
Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the best the PS2 has to offer. San Andreas takes everything from the previous games and adds onto them an amazing amount of detail, story and gameplay.
It is a a fantastic example of gameplay and story over graphics, and it stands tall and proud with this fact.
The game is HUGE, and by huge i mean that it feels like the 1st city you start in is about the same size of Vice City; it's that BIG. There are in all 3 cities and the countryside seperates them from each other.
I love the Gangsta direction they went in, the radio stations and soundtrack is the best yet and has some brilliant old skool classics.
The story is wonderfully written and the animations are carried out perfectly.
This is a MUST buy game for any self-respecting gamer.
There are some extra elements that the developers have added to the series in the form of leveling up your abilities such as driving, shooting and fighting which is like that of an RPG, however it is very subtly done and works flawlessly with the rest of the game.
There are no flaws in terms of story and gameplay that can be said about it. It is pure genius.
The only downside to it is that due to the magnificant scale and amount of detail present within the game, the graphics is not upto par with that of other games coming out these days, however this is such a minor flaw and really just representative of the limitations of the lowest common denominator of hardware..ie the PS2. This being said the graphis do not detract from this amazing game a single bit.
BUY THIS GAME!!!

By the Way
By the Way
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mellow, and Beautiful, 10 Dec 2003
This review is from: By the Way (Audio CD)
The Chili's are really finding their groove with every album they make. This is by far their best, and one of the best I have ever heard. Beautiful and sweet sounds, the tunes are awesome, songs such as Don't Forget Me and Can't Stop, are some of the best I have heard in a long time. Out of the 16 songs, 13 are instant classics, the remaining 3 are very good aswell, just not as good as the rest.
This album really does stand out from the crowd, and what a great price. If you havent got it yet and you're a Chili's fan, shame on you! Get It Now!!
I love it!

The Whole Nine Yards [DVD] [2000]
The Whole Nine Yards [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 7.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Eagerly awaiting the sequal!, 10 Dec 2003
I didn't know much about this movie when I bought it, but since it had a good cast lineup and the DVD was dirt cheap, I thought "Why Not?". And I tell you, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really loved the movie. Though Matthew Perry is very Chandler-esque, that is the role that was needed for it none-the-less and it works very well within the film. Bruce Willis plays the ex-hitman Jimmy Tudeski beautifully, making Oz(Perry) nervous at every line. The two beautiful leading ladies (Natasha Henstridge & Amanda Peet) giving some pretty good roles (Peet even has a Flash seen where you see her breasts, very nice I might add!)
There is, as always some wonderful chemistry between Michael Clarke Duncan and Bruce Willis(they've been in quite a few films together).
The rest of the supporting cast is under par with Rosanna Arquette and Kevin Pollak, both giving horrible accents to their characters, their roles can't keep up with the rest of the cast.
Despite the last fact, I give this movie a 5 out of 5 for a wonderfull script, great main cast and it's extremely funny predicaments. I eagerly await the sequal, 'The Whole Ten Yards' coming 2004.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl [DVD] [2003]
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 2.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good movie, 10 Dec 2003
I was a little skeptical about this movie before going to see it, but it turned out to actually be pretty good. Johnny Depp was quite funny as the drunk captain with no crew, Jack Sparrow. The two main british Actors Knightly and Bloom, were reasonabnle in the movie, but they've both had better acting roles.
The rest of the supporting cast were not bad in their roles as cursed pirates. The special effects were nice and the story holds up pretty well.
I was glad I ended up watching it. Should be good on DVD too.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Two Disc Set) [DVD] [2003]
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Two Disc Set) [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Offered by Springwood Media
Price: 2.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Pointless Movie, End of a Classic, 10 Dec 2003
Well, I was quite dissappointed to see that they had turned a once legendary franchise into a watered down movie made for nothing more than money. The story is completely horrible, where, in the end we find out that all of what they did within the movie was completely pointless as they could never have been able to stop the machines.
The supporting cast are the worst, they just don't fit their characters at all. To be honest, they should have scrapped this script altogether and gone for something completely different.
The only thing that holds this movie together is Arnie(and even then, he's not as good as in the previous films), wihout him, this movie could be considered a straight to video flop.
The actress who plays the Terminatrix is no good either, she doesn't portray the menacing figure that a Terminator should be well enough. She's no where near as menacing as Arnie was in the 1st or Robert Patrick in the 2nd.
This is a badly done sequal, and should only be watched once! just to see how bad it is. I give it a 2!(and only cos of Arnie)
If you loved the first two, you're gonna hate this!