Profile for Milltown > Reviews

Milltown

Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag - Medium - Carbon
Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag - Medium - Carbon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size and comfort., 8 Jun. 2015
I had been using a Booq bag for my 13" MBP and other bits and pieces, and when it retired I wanted something similarly well made. I had heard great things about Timbuk2 bags but with no bricks and mortar shops in Ireland stocking them I was kind of buying blind. The small messenger, though seemingly the right size for a 13" macbook, looked a little too small so I went medium and I'm glad I did. The laptop/folio pocket at the back of the bag is certainly more than big enough for a 13" computer. I'd expect most 15"s would fit easily enough. It's not overly well padded either, so I think if I had a macbook air or similar I'd use a sleeve too when carrying it in this bag. Likewise for tablets. Otherwise it's very comfortable to carry thanks to the wide strap. Plenty of little pockets for keys, cards and cables etc. Bottle holders on the inside are useful too.
To give a real world idea of size, I carry my computer, charger, various cables, full size headphones, pens, paper, lunchbox and a fleece or hoody and the bag still doesn't look stuffed.
I'm very pleased with my purchase and hope it's as durable as their reputation suggests.

Micro USB Data Sync Charge Cable For HP TouchPad & TouchPad 4G
Micro USB Data Sync Charge Cable For HP TouchPad & TouchPad 4G
Offered by IZKA

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but good value., 18 Dec. 2013
Charges the Touchpad, so that puts it ahead of 90% of micro USB cables I tried. Only downside is that it's too short to be able to use the TP while it's charging.

Lavazza A Modo Mio Premium 10080777
Lavazza A Modo Mio Premium 10080777

2.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee. Lousy machine., 16 April 2012
Beautiful coffee,and if you base the price on pods alone the price of around 30c per cup is good value. Even the decaf tastes better than most cups of coffee you'd get in a café. I suppose this adds even more value as we've stopped buying coffee when we're out, knowing we'll get a nicer cup at home.

Unfortunately, the machines appear to be very poorly made. We are on our third machine now since our initial purchase 14 months ago, and this one is starting to act up too. The first one worked for about 2.5 months before the pump began to fail. Some days it would take over 5 minutes to fill an espresso cup, other days it would just dribble a bit before stopping and flashing its lights at us. Getting it replaced took over a month with the Irish distributor. The second machine seemed a lot better, it was quieter in operation anyway, and it lasted about 4 months. When it failed nothing would come out the nozzle but the dreg tray would fill up. I looked inside with a torch and saw part of a seal sticking out where it shouldn't. When I managed to get in touch with the distributor again (another couple of weeks waiting for calls and emails to be returned) he suggested I descale it, proving what I suspected about his expertise. This one was replaced with my current machine about 4 months ago but now this one is starting to behave like the first one.

If you get a cup of coffee out of every pod it's a great machine. When your machine starts chewing up your pods and giving you nothing, it gets expensive.

I love the coffee but couldn't recommend the machine.

Lavazza A Modo Mio Italian coffee machine + CAPSULES
Lavazza A Modo Mio Italian coffee machine + CAPSULES

2.0 out of 5 stars Italian quality. Both the coffee and the machine sadly., 16 April 2012

I love the coffee but couldn't recommend the machine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2012 11:19 PM BST

Sennheiser/Adidas CX 680 High-Performance Noise-Isolating Ear Canal Headphones (Sports-Optimised Design)

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable., 10 Sept. 2011
Any in-ear headphone review is going to be subjective and not all phones will suit all ears, even with a variety of attachments to try. I found these to be pretty uncomfortable when used for more than 20 minutes. I liked the design up as far as the ear buds. The two part cable with volume adjustment was cool. Using the short half of the cable with an iPhone armband would have been perfect if the bud design was better suited to my ears. The ear fins were part of the discomfort and didn't add any great feeling of security to the fit. Removing them just made these earphones more uncomfortable.
Sound wise, they're probably marginally worse than the CX300's I'll be reverting to.
Your mileage may vary.

Crumpler the Gimp Laptop Pouch for 13 inch Widescreen the Gimp Laptops - Silver
Crumpler the Gimp Laptop Pouch for 13 inch Widescreen the Gimp Laptops - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for., 10 Sept. 2011
I was looking for a slip case for my 13" Macbook pro, having switched from a 17" laptop. A 17" laptop bag is big enough to carry a lot of other stuff too but 13" bags, if they exist, would be as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. So, already owning several rucksacks, all I wanted was something to cover and protect my MBP. The Gimp suits my brief perfectly. Ample padding, but not too bulky. A snug enough fit that the notebook doesn't move around too much. A quality feel to the whole thing overall.
If I was to have one minor gripe, I would have the zip running the other way. As it is, with the zip closed the runner sits at the right side of the case. If it was to the left the case could be zipped closed most of the way but leaving enough of an opening to leave the charger connected.