Profile for Jeany Pavett, Author of Life After Death: A Mother's Story > Reviews

Content by Jeany Pavett, ...

Jeany Pavett, Author of Life After Death: A Mother's Story (Essex, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
HTC Wildfire S - 10 Pack - Anti Scratch Screen Protector/LCD Screen Guard with Free 10x Microfiber Cleaning Cloth

4.0 out of 5 stars Mobile protector, 31 Dec. 2011
In the old days, my husband and daughters used to laugh at me for keeping the cellophane protector on my mobile phone screens for as long as possible. Now what do we buy? These screen protectors are good, but there is a little indent on them that isn't needed so I don't know why they are there.

They don't hinder the use of the touch screen and protect it from scratches.

MICRO USB DATA CABLE FOR BLACKBERRY SAMSUNG NOKIA HTC SONY ERICSSON
MICRO USB DATA CABLE FOR BLACKBERRY SAMSUNG NOKIA HTC SONY ERICSSON
Offered by PLT-TECH

4.0 out of 5 stars Not much to say..., 31 Dec. 2011
...other than it's a lead and it does what I wanted it to. I got it as a spare to leave at work so that I have a charger available there as well as home for my mobile telephone. It's slightly longer than the original one that came with the mobile, so I have put the shorter one at work and the longer one I've kept for home use.

Integral MINI USB Flash Drive USB Stick
Integral MINI USB Flash Drive USB Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by the recepient, 31 Dec. 2011
I bought this as a Christmas present for my daughter. She wanted a small physical size but large memory so that she can put songs on it and insert in in her car radio.

She was over the moon to open this on Christmas Day and immediately began to fill it up with her songs.

Being a small physical size it won't stick out from her stereo very far and so won't be in the way, but it's memory size is actually the same size as her old worn out MP3 player so it's a win/win situation.

The added bonus is the selection of coloured lids to suit her mood!

Braun Silk-épil 7 7681 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments
Braun Silk-épil 7 7681 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 31 Dec. 2011
I bought this as a present to replace a cheap epilator. The person I bought it for is very impressed with it and especially likes the light so she can see where she is going no matter what the light is like around her.

Her old one used to be mains only. With this product being rechargeable, as long as she has remembered to charge it, she can take it wherever she wants to and so is not confined to sitting huddled around a plug socket.

It is quick and easy to use.

Playmobil 4161 Advent Calendar Christmas Post Office
Playmobil 4161 Advent Calendar Christmas Post Office
Offered by PLAYMYPLANET

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but..., 31 Dec. 2011
I bought this item for my four year old nephew as he loves Playmobil. He loved it, BUT there was a toy missing from behind one of the doors.

He was very disappointed and with his Mummy is going to write to the the manufactures to tell them and request the missing toy.

Apart from that, it gave him a lot of pleasure counting down to Christmas and helped him to learn his numbers.

Falling Star
Falling Star
by Diana Dempsey
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 30 Dec. 2011
This book is a romance with a difference. It is refreshing to have such a different kind of plot rather than the usual predictable romance novel. I kept guessing and trying to pre-empt who would end up with who and how the plot would turn out.

I don't like to give much of the plot away when I write a review as I think the idea of a review is to encourage people to read the book and so I don't want to spoil the story. This plot is not like one I've read before.

I think that a book worth it sorts, is one where you get absorbed in the characters. I found myself constantly wanting the stupid, young, spoilt-brat reporter, Kelly, Natalie's soon-to-be ex husband and Tony the cutthroat boss all to get their 'just desserts' and I so wanted everything to work out for Natalie and was overjoyed with the outcome.

I don't know whether or not Diana has worked in television news reporting, or whether she wrote after research but, for me, the book worked and I would recommend you read this book.

One step at a time
One step at a time

4.0 out of 5 stars A Helpful Insight, 28 Nov. 2011
Betty contacted me after reading my advertisement in the December issue of "Woman Alive" Magazine. As a Mum who has lost a child, I downloaded "One Step At A Time" to my Kindle with the view to reading it after I had finished my current book. However, I found myself 'dipping into it' just to see what it was like and soon found myself reading the whole book.

Betty writes from a completely different angle to the way I wrote my book. She offers bereaved parents, their friends and relatives, a number of places where they can find support and help, not only during their time of mourning, but for as long as they feel they need or want it.

Betty recognises and acknowledges, that each situation is different, each parent grieves in their own way and what is right for one is not necessarily right for another, but, advises bereaved parents not to rule out something completely, because there may come a time at a later date when they could change their mind.

Betty also dispels some of the fears surrounding joining groups by explaining the different kinds of ways they can help grieving families.

If you know someone who has lost a child and you don't know how to help them, you may find that reading Betty's book can help you.

The World Jesus Knew: Beliefs & Customs from the Time of Jesus
The World Jesus Knew: Beliefs & Customs from the Time of Jesus
by Anne Punton

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel I know Him now, 20 Oct. 2011
I was loaned this book to read as part of a course I am doing back in August. I went away for a few days and spent two full days reading this book from cover to cover and looking up every reference along the way. I was so inspired by it that I put it on my Christmas list so now I have it as a permanent reference.

By the time I had finished it, I felt that I knew Jesus the "man". We sometimes struggle to read the Bible and to see it's relevance in today's society. That is simply because it was written for an audience who didn't need to have it all explained because they were living in the era and we in the west, don't have a clue!

I have heard that even today the life of a Jew in Israel, is not very westernized and it is also similar to what it was when the Bible was written so even now they know exactly what's what without explanation.

I would thoroughly recommend this book to all - even those who are sceptical about the whole "Christianity thing" and don't want your mind changed.

Well done Anne, thank you.

Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack
Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars They work, 8 Aug. 2011
I get really frustrated when buying DVD or CD's as so often they are not recognised in my computer and, therefore, my money is wasted. These ones worked!

Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar All Over Body Shampoo 150ml
Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar All Over Body Shampoo 150ml

4.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 28 Dec. 2010
For some reason Van Cleef & Arpels 'Tsar' is incredibly difficult to get hold of. It the favourite fragrance of a friend of ours and so when I discovered this all over body shampoo I just had to order it for his Christmas Present.

Showering with this product makes an incredible difference to the lasting effect of the fragrance and our friend was overjoyed with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6