Profile for F Carson > Reviews

Content by F Carson

F Carson

Page: 1 | 2
Panasonic Retro Monitor Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Red
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected, 29 April 2014
I bought these based on my price range, their functionality and past reviews. They are great. I bought them as a present for my partner and he loves them. Soft to wear and good sound quality. Works with iphone.

Essie Coral Reef Nail Polish 15 ml
Essie Coral Reef Nail Polish 15 ml
Offered by Fashiontrend565eu

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colour, 29 April 2014
I love coral nail polish but this one is my favourite. After having a manicure with this colour I bought this. Good price and came in good packaging.

The Hunger Games Collection - 3 Books (Paperback) RRP £20.97
The Hunger Games Collection - 3 Books (Paperback) RRP £20.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these books and great price!, 29 April 2014
I LOVE THESE BOOKS but I was mostly impressed with the price. So cheap! Definitely worth it. The books were gripping, I read them all one after the other over five days.

Invero® 3 Button USB Wheel Mouse with Smooth Rubber Rim, Rubber Scroll and LED Light - Simple Plug & Play NO Batteries Required, Supports All Windows and Mac OS Systems (Black)
Offered by Invero

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 29 April 2014
This is perfect. I needed a small and no-frills mouse to travel with to use with my laptop. It's lightweight and simple and works like a dream.

Genuine JML Snuggie Blanket - Soft-to-Touch Fleece with Large, Loose Sleeves - Blue
Offered by san direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 April 2014
I bought this as a present for my partner after buying one for myself in the States. It's not as soft and fluffy as the one I bought but he says he likes it. Quick delivery. Very pleased.

Sleeping Patterns
Sleeping Patterns
by J.R.Crook

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever and fulfilling, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Sleeping Patterns (Paperback)
**Originally posted on Inkling Book Reviews**

Sleeping patterns is a solid, provoking book and a slim volume. Its puzzles and mindful musing are compressed into its slight pages.

Crook has constructed an odd narrative universe which is unsettling from the off. It is unsettling in the sense that it is unusual and for this reason it is an excellent ploy in capturing the readers' attentions.

The unsettled feeling is maintained throughout because of the ceaseless flitting between chapter numbers (from 13 to three and so on), allowing the reader a better understanding of the characters--Annelie Standli, the alluring and confusing Finn, and Berry Walker, the insomniac and romantic who eventually loses out. It delves into their `sleeping patterns', relationship, and their unstable, undefined attachment.

The undefined relationship between the lovers, piece by piece and out of order, slowly comes together through a series of allegorical writings and events, which is clever and fulfilling.

Crook creates an alternate fiction within a fiction running throughout the body of the narrative, which is pleasingly confusing until the "point of resolution."

For the reader who likes to sit back and think about the implications of the book after reading. Sleeping patterns is a short and thought provoking. A cerebral unconventional love told in many different modes.

Memorable quote: "Sleep is just a prelude to death. The act of sleep, you must understand, is in itself a half-death, a dress rehearsal for the big black. Sleep is the fall into unconsciousness and death is only ever a matter of falling too far..."

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON LASERED SILICONE CASE RED FOR HTC WILDFIRE S (G13) WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by PolarMK

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the style but faded quickly, 26 April 2013
I really liked this phone cover as it had Keep Calm and Carry On. However, it faded quickly at the edges on on the back. It also stained my phone pink. Not very protective as a cover and stretched so when I came to taking it out of my bag frequently found it caseless.

Classikool 10 Inch Cake Box & Round Cake Board / Drum -VERY BEST 12mm thick you can get
Offered by Classikool® Baking, Beauty & Beyond

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Late delivery., 26 April 2013
This is an excellent cake box, great for transportation etc. However, it arrived well out of the specified delivery time. I needed it for a certain date and ordered in ample time but it was about a week later than stipulated.

The Sea on Our Skin
The Sea on Our Skin
by Madeleine Tobert

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, wonderful cover, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Sea on Our Skin (Paperback)
I LOVE this book. It explores Island life and the role of the sea in the Pacific. It is wonderfully written and I thoroughly enjoyed it and lent it to a friend of mine who is a pacific islander who agreed with me. The artwork is lovely.

Atlas of Remote Islands: Fifty Islands I Have Not Visited and Never Will
Atlas of Remote Islands: Fifty Islands I Have Not Visited and Never Will
by Judith Schalansky

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful inside and out, 30 Jan 2013
You aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover but in this case you should. It is a wonderful book, engagingly written and the illustrations are intense and detailed, yet minimal and striking. It looks delightful on my bookshelf too.

Page: 1 | 2