Profile for Lindsay Ritchie > Reviews

Content by Lindsay Ritchie

Lindsay Ritchie
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Hippychick HC Turkish Toddler Towel (70x54cm, Blue/ White)
Hippychick HC Turkish Toddler Towel (70x54cm, Blue/ White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price, 19 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My little boy loves this. He is 3 1/2 years old so at the top end of the recommendations but I was very impressed at the fact there is still quite a bit of room for him in this. The hood is a good size and does not fall over his eyes but at the same time gives enough coverage to dry his head. Length wise it's roughly knee length- after his bath this is plenty.
The fabric is incredibly soft and is very absorbant. The popper fasteners for under the arms is very secure and does take a bit of pulling to open. The little pouch pocket on the front and the embroidery are very cute.
Washes very well and dries quickly.
As this arrives in a clear plastic zippered bag it would be easily wrapped as a gift and any parent would love to receive this as a gift for a child.

FORZA Multivitamin for Dieters
FORZA Multivitamin for Dieters
Offered by HouseOfBeauty

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 19 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pretty pink packaging, pretty pink pills-this product couldn't be more geared towards the female market if it came with high heels and a handbag. Quite a large tablet that some may dislike the size of. The taste isn't horrendous but not totally wonderful either. Yes, this product contains a large variety of vitamins but the mineral content is lacking. I imagine for the same price or less I could purchase a more comprehensive supplement which contains all of the ones here and the ones that are missing.
The little book is quite good-contains a few basic recipes and a small food diary (this food diary may be this products only saving grace as making a note of your food really does help with weight loss). The ads in the book are to be expected but are still quite irritating. If I'm taking this multi vitamin why do I need the other products?
I have not found any massive change in how I feel since starting to take these but it has only been a few days. The price of these pills at over £7 a pack for 30 tablets would put me off purchasing a further pack.

Philips GC3810/20 Azur Performer Steam Iron with 150 g Steam Boost, 300 ml, 2400 Watt, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy for me but otherwise very good., 19 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This iron comes with easy to follow, easy to understand step by step instructions and a trouble shooting guide. The lead is not as long as some irons I have used in the past but just needs careful placement of the ironing board to be able to use the full length. There is a choice of steam settings-on, Eco and off. When choosing the fabrics there is an auto steam selection for certain fabrics which dispenses the optimal steam for that fabric. The trigger for the steam is quite sensitive so be careful when holding the iron upright. The spray feature for more stubborn wrinkles emits a fine spray that covers quite a good sized area.
The plate itself is a good size with a narrow point that gets between shirt buttons quite well. The de scaling function is new to me but seems like a quite easy process and I don't think it will add too much time to the ironing as it only needs done once a month.
My problem is a totally personal one-I find the iron, even empty, too heavy but I have severe weakness in my arms. My husband has said it is not overly heavy compared to the older model we have but obviously not as light as the steam generator iron I currently use.

SmoothSkin Gold Permanent Hair Reduction
SmoothSkin Gold Permanent Hair Reduction

3.0 out of 5 stars Very early days, 10 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't sure what I was expecting to receive but this was nothing like I imagined. It arrives in a quite large box, along with the power lead ( which is needed for use) a little black bag for storing the device and some instructions. The device itself is larger than I expected but a lot lighter in weight than it looks. Gold accents make it look quite fancy and more expensive than the usual white epilators you see on the market.
I tried this on both the normal and gentle settings but didn't find much difference between the two. Pain wise it is a lot less painful than my previous epilator.
My main problem is trying to make sure I get full coverage without missing bits or overlapping. As a complete novice this maybe could be overcome with practice. As it takes a few weeks to see any true results I'm not sure how effective this will be but I will stick with it.

TONI&GUY  Casual Radiating Tropical Elixir 50 ml
TONI&GUY Casual Radiating Tropical Elixir 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars This smells AMAZING, 10 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Even if this product didn't have such a good effect on my hair I would keep using it just for the smell! Have tried both 1 and 2 pumps and found the 1 pump is more than enough for my shorter than shoulder length hair.
My hair is less fly away and more manageable than before and more reminiscent of the smooth effect I have only had before after a visit to the salon. I have tried it with using the hair dryer and drying naturally. Both have worked well.
My hair has been left with a nice sheen but not looking oily. Other serums I have used have left my hair needing washed more frequently whereas this doesn't seem to leave an unpleasant build up. Will be purchasing another bottle.

Oxford Reading Tree: Read with Biff, Chip and Kipper: My Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Kit
by Annemarie Young

5.0 out of 5 stars My almost 7 year old loves this., 10 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was wary that this may be too easy for my daughter but was pleased with the benefits she has found having this. She loves the Biff, Chip and Kipper books so she was already familiar with the characters.
Biff's spelling book was almost like a revision book for her but expanded on some ideas that she had come across in schools which she found interesting. The Chip grammar and punctuation book follows on from the spelling one and continues using the reward stickers when each activity is completed. The final book is the Kipper grammar and punctuation book. Again with the reward stickers but slightly more advanced than the previous.
As it has been a "few" years since I left school, the answer section at the back helped me make sure she was getting the right answers.
The flash cards are in the car now for quick tests when we are sitting in the car park. She has found them really helpful to keep information running around in her head.

TONI&GUY  Classic Wave Memoriser 100 ml
TONI&GUY Classic Wave Memoriser 100 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 10 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter has curly hair and I am always looking for something to help define and control the curls without being too heavy or set. I have tried it on her hair wet, towel dried, and totally dry with no improvement in the curls. When I tried it on the dry hair it was set hard and impossible to brush until I washed it out. On wet and damp hair it didn't leave any real defined curls.
I'm glad the scent disappeared as it is very strong when you first open the tube and apply to the hair. I tried different amounts as well so I'm not sure if it's just I'm doing it wrong every time or the product doesn't work with my daughter's hair.

How to Write Your Best Story Ever!
How to Write Your Best Story Ever!
by Christopher Edge

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 10 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter has an imagination that rivals many fiction authors and I hoped this book would help her focus her story ideas to make more sense and help reduce her frustration when she gets lost in what she wants to say.
I was very impressed by how well laid out and explained each section in the book was. The first half of the book is more tutorial in style and gives very good hints, tips and ideas for the budding author. The second half is split into chapters focussing on different writing genres from mystery to sport.
My daughter is slightly younger than the age the book is aimed at but she was able to understand and follow the instructions. Already I can see more focus in her narrative work both for school and when she writes for fun.

Crayola-Colour Alive Enchanted Forest
Crayola-Colour Alive Enchanted Forest
Offered by Fun Collectables

3.0 out of 5 stars Aalmost great but not quite there yet., 5 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Crayola-Clour Alive range comes with 8, double sided colouring sheets with pre printed images on both sides-in this case fairies. Also included are 6 colouring markers and one special effects marker-in this case called a "Pixie Dust Marker".
After downloading the free app from Google PlayStore or The Apple equivalent your child can bring their completed images to life. Well, that is the intention, and yes, I imagine children aged possibly 8-9 and up will have no problem doing this but any four year old I know and indeed my almost 7 year old would struggle to keep their tablet still enough to get the full advantage of the different options and activities available in the app.
Oh and beware of the dreaded in app purchases-more colouring sheets are available but at a cost. Parental controls are a must. I know some people have had problems with the included markers not being particularly effective but we tested the included ones with ones we had at home-both worked equally well. My daughter thought this was good as she ran out of a couple of the included colours before finishing the pages and was able to substitute with ones she already had.
With quite a bit of adult involvement, especially for the younger end of the target market, this is quite a fun activity for a rainy day but personally I think the app itself needs a bit of refinement and there needs to be more colouring sheets included for the price.

Institut Karité Paris Shea Washing Cream, Milk Cream 500 ml
Institut Karité Paris Shea Washing Cream, Milk Cream 500 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Very perfumed smell, 30 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a huge bottle and it will last you a very long time. I only use a tiny amount as the scent is very a trong and takes some getting used to. The feeling it leaves after use though more than compensates for the scent. Dry skin is a lot less of an issue after a few uses of this. Very moisturising without leaving a residue on your skin. Despite the very large size of the bottle, the design is reminiscent of a Art Deco, twenties style bottle which I love.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16