Profile for Mina > Reviews

Mina (Berkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Crocodile Creek Ice Pack Pair Stegosaurus
Crocodile Creek Ice Pack Pair Stegosaurus

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic ice pack and and an incredible bargain., 22 Jan 2014
I had purchased some other "cooler" looking icepacks for my son's lunch box but they leaked when they got squished in his lunch box - very messy. When I received these I knew that I wouldn't have that problem with these as the silicon has a 1 cm border which means that the icepack will not burst and leak making it very safe and durable. The icepacks are 12.5 cm x 12.5 cms and you get two which makes this item a fantastic bargain and much cheaper than the trendy one's which burst quickly, I love this item and whole heartily recommend it.

Burgers Every Way: 100 Recipes Using Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Lamb, Fish and Vegetables
by Emily Haft Bloom

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a 100 burger recipes..., 20 Jan 2014
I have received this book and just wanted to let anyone else interested in this because the title says "Burgers everyway 100 recipes using beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, fish and vegetables." I had assumed that this would mean a 100 burger recipes with maybe one burger with 3 or 4 variations, but it is not. This book has about 36 burger recipes and the rest are sides and accompaniments, which ok that is nice to have so that you can make a more rounded meal. However the accompaniments are dishes like classic ratatouille, South of the border red beans and rice, basmati rice with cashews and currants and classic southern cornbread you get the idea now. These are not dishes I would want with a burger, I can understand having recipes for wedges, fries, salsas and coleslaw and this book does have these as well, it's just that this book does seem to be thrown together in a mish mash in order to make up the 100 recipes.

This is a very beautiful book with lovely looking photo's but the burger recipes themselves and the other recipes don't really grab me so this will probably be going to the charity shop, I bought this book used and it was actually like new and I can see why. I would recommend that you either buy this very cheap used ( I paid 4.50) and think that was too much or buy it full price from Amazon so you can return it for a no quibble refund.

Learning Resources Primary Bucket Balance
Learning Resources Primary Bucket Balance
Offered by MMP Living
Price: 12.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really good for it's intended purpose., 13 Jan 2014
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I had been looking for some weighing scales to be able to explain the concept to my son who has started reception. The selling point for me was the fact that it can also be used to weigh liquids and can hold more items so you can also use it for counting, for example 10 cars weigh more than 8 cars etc. However please do look more carefully at the item picture and you will notice that the yellow balancing bar does not actually have much space to balance meaning there is only a very small way for a heavy item to go down and up and really is hard to notice the difference between 2 items that have a similar weight and it is hard for a child to see clearly what is actually heavier sometimes unless you put one very heavy item on one side and something very light on the other which all children get anyway. For this reason I have not actually used this much and will be looking for another weighing scale

THERMOS Hot Lunch Heat-Retention Lunch/Bento Box Set JBE-1600F(Japan Import)
THERMOS Hot Lunch Heat-Retention Lunch/Bento Box Set JBE-1600F(Japan Import)
Offered by SEIRYO STORE
Price: 42.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for hot lunches., 10 Nov 2013
I have received this today and put some hot soup in it at 12.30pm and I checked it at 5pm and it was still hot as when I had put it in the container which is absolutely brilliant. As it is getting colder I wanted something that would keep my son's lunch nice and warm but after checking through so many other thermos insulated lunch boxes which do not keep the food warm, I decided to give this item a try and am very glad that I did, I can look forward to giving my son some lovely hot meals.

The instructions are in Chinese as it is made in China, however I just cleaned it with warm soapy water and dried it then put my soup in the small container and put it straight into the thermos and intended to check it at 3.30pm as my son has lunch at 12pm at his school and I wanted to check if the food would stay warm until then but forgot and remembered to check it at 5pm and it was still very hot. There is no need to fill the thermos with boiling water first and the thermos unit still stays very cool so it is safe to give to children as a lunch box, it also comes with a cover bag to.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2014 9:59 AM GMT

LADIES NEW BLACK WHITE POLKA DOT SPOTTY EMO VTG STYLE GOTH FITTED WINTER COAT
LADIES NEW BLACK WHITE POLKA DOT SPOTTY EMO VTG STYLE GOTH FITTED WINTER COAT
Offered by Sirens and Starlets

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous coat ! Absolutely love it !, 9 Oct 2013
I ordered my coat yesterday and received it today even though the postage was free. This is a lovely light coat which will keep you snug and warm it also has a removable hood which is what I was looking for, there are many plain coats with hoods but nothing as lovely, feminine and stylish as this ! I absolutely love how this coat looks and makes me feel.

The size for this coat is a bit on the small size, I am a size 8 and ordered a size 12 which fits me perfectly when I wear a thick jumper underneath, so do order 2 sizes up (I got this advice from the reviews from another seller selling this same coat, which was more expensive and they charged p&p) if you are a size 8-10 then I would recommend ordering a size 14.

This is a lovely fitted coat, the pockets are a bit shallow but I have no issue with this as usually if you want a slim line shape then you need to either have no pockets or shallow pockets. I would happily pay double for this coat because it is so well made, fitting and looks gorgeous and is different.

UPDATE:

I have had this coat for a few weeks now and one by one the buttons have fallen off, I would recommend that you keep the spare button safe and either re stitch all the buttons on the coat when you get it or re stitch all of them when the first button comes off. I still love this coat and still think that for the price it is worth 5 stars.

Top 100 Healthy Recipes for Babies and Toddlers: Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Purees, Finger Foods and Meals (Top 100 Recipes)
Price: 1.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very child friendly., 23 Sep 2013
This is a hard book to describe actually, it has the type of meals containing "superfoods" that you want your children to eat, however in real life many children would not actually like or eat these meals. Renee's children love this food and I suppose if you expose your children to this food early on they may get a taste for alfalfa sprouts, kombo, quinoa, I actually used Annabel Karmel when my son was younger and he actually ate most of the meals I had made for him from her cookbooks, but with this book I am struggling to find anything that I would like to make let alone what I know my son would actually eat.

Actually to be honest if you go by the cover which has the blueberry bread, sweet potato and carrot cakes and the pitta pizzas there isn't actually anything else that I would want to make and I already have these recipes. I'll give some examples of the recipes in this book:

9 - 12 months

~ Brown rice and sprouts.
~ Haricot beans and beetroot.
~ Mung beans with toasted quinoa.
~ Mackeral and broccoli.

1 - 2 years

~ Polenta with shiitake mushrooms.
~ Areame rice with toasted seeds.
~ Cornbread pudding.
~ Lemon mackerel and cucumber sandwiches.

2 - 3 years

~ Pecan and stilton stuffed mushrooms.
~ Hot sardine toasts.
~ Haddock with capers.

4 - 5 years

~ Shiitake and Garlic Romaine salad.
~ Tofu squares (with tamari)
~ Cheesy polenta bites.
~ Marinated cauliflower.

I unfortunately purchased my book elsewhere so it will not be worth sending it back, so it will be off to the charity shop. I do really like the Top 100 series but this book is a huge disappointment.

Keeping the Chaos At Bay - Simple Weekday Routines Your Family Can Stick With
Keeping the Chaos At Bay - Simple Weekday Routines Your Family Can Stick With
Price: 1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great down to earth and usable advice., 30 Aug 2013
This guidebook is great for those parents like myself who have their only or first child going to school soon. My only son has been going to nursery during the afternoons only and will be going to school full time in September and I'm not sure about giving him a packed lunch or school meal, I would prefer to give him a packed lunch. This guide has come at the right time as it has so many things to help out when preparing a routine which is important for children as well as he parents as it is our responsibility to ensure that our children get to school on time and with everything that they need.

I was expecting the whole school run to be painful for both me and my son but having now being able to see what 2 other mums go through I know what to expect and what I can do to make the whole process easier for me and my son, I can see myself using nearly all the points in this ebook. There are also some recipes which for me are just a bonus for me as I have found this ebook so helpful. I would recommend this ebook for first time full time school run parents and also those who have been struggling and it still find it hard.

Vinyl Concept - Children's Wall Stickers, Nursery Letters, Alphabet, Wall , Kids Removable, Easy To Remove, Kids Wall Stickers, Art Mural, Art Decor, Sticker Diy Deco : Mixed As Pictured -- Large
Offered by Vinyl Concept
Price: 12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap quality so had to bin them., 23 Aug 2013
I have decorated my son's bedroom with room stickers for the last 5 years and these have been the most cheapest quality stickers that I have ever come across. The stickers are so thin and weird in texture that I have never come across stickers like this. When you try to apply them to your wall like the instructions tell you to, the stickers are so thin and cheap that however much pressure you apply the stickers just stay stuck to the backing paper and do not stick to your wall so you have to pull them off the backing paper which then ruins them.

The second way to apply them is if you take both sides of paper backing off and them apply the sticker directly to the wall but the problem is that the sticker can end up sticking to itself and gets ruined and some letters actually need 2 people to apply it without getting ruined. Not being funny but I have decorated my son's whole room with complete scene setters and the lot in about an hour on my own and the trouble that I had with these stickers and then actually ruining some of them was unbelievable. The problem you will then have if you ruin even one of these letters is that then you will not have the complete alphabet which if you want your kids to learn the alphabet is a waste of time and waste of money. I ended up having to bin these and just wanted to warn other parents.

Muffins (Sweet and Savory Muffin Recipes, Butter Spreads)
Muffins (Sweet and Savory Muffin Recipes, Butter Spreads)
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delicious., 10 Aug 2013
I had purchased this ebook a little back and have just recently made some of the muffins and they were absolutely delish, the Strawberry patch ones I just had to make another batch straight away as I knew everyone would want more of those. Importantly the ingredients were spot on, if it says will make 8 muffins then that's how many muffins you will get, if it says 12 then that's how many you get, I just hate it when you expect 12 muffins and then end up with 16, as only me and my son eat muffins and I only have one muffin tin so the rest is a waste of ingredients for me or I end up having to make the extra muffins.

This is a complete book as it also has savoury muffins which will be great for packed lunches, parties and picnics, I'm also looking forward to trying the butter spreads which would be good on any savoury roll actually not just the savoury muffins. One thing I must say is that I don't mind authors telling the readers a bit about them as I think that it is a lovely and personal touch however having gone through this ebook twice I have still not found the "religious quote" that the other reviewer has mentioned. These a great collection of recipes and I have bought muffin cookbooks for 8 - 12 and have only found a few that I would want to make and this little ebook has actually recipes that you would want to make.

50 BEST Middle Eastern Recipes: Kebab, Chicken, Fish, Meat, Soups, Salads, Deserts and A LOT more!
Price: 2.04

2.0 out of 5 stars Has formatting issues., 23 Mar 2013
The recipes in this ebook look absolutely delicious, I was able to follow thw directions no problem. The only problem I had and it was a big one is that there are sentences and paragraphs missing from the instructions so you don't know how to make the dish. I really hope that the publishers sort this out soon because it looks like a fantastic collection of recipes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7